Jets VS Canucks - Canucks going down....

March 8, 2012, 9:46 p.m.

LOL Winnipeg. "Winnie-the-Pooh", or 'Peg-in-a-hole? Maybe one day Winnipeg will actually have an NHL franchise.

a) focus on wins wins wins because the President's cup is the most important thing evah!!?

[Hauls out Old Saw] - "President's Trophy" … not "President's Cup" (unless Betteman wears one underneath that suit). There is only one Cup.

President's Trophy only counts for one and only one thing - home ice advantage throughout the playoffs. Nobody cares about the actual hardware.

March 8, 2012, 10:39 p.m.

Nice try Jets. Better buy Pavelec some beers tonight, because without him that game was 19-2 Canucks.

March 8, 2012, 11:57 p.m.

Should maybe buy the crossbar a couple, too!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 9, 2012, 8:54 a.m.

Should maybe buy the crossbar a couple, too!

Kn.

Is it just me, or do the Canucks hold some kind of record for hitting the iron during games? Typically it seems there are at least 2 or 3 a night.

They should keep playing Schneider until he loses a couple. Why shouldn't they? He leads Luongo in GAA and Sv%. If he goes on a hot streak, they should take the hint "Ride the 'Schneid" into the playoffs. Ultimately, the Stanley Cup belongs to the team with the hottest goalie.

March 9, 2012, 9 a.m.

Coach to Jets: "Don't play the whole game like it's the third period"
Jets: "play the whole game like it's the third period. Got it!"

March 9, 2012, 10:14 a.m.

Well ok so we didnt win, we will get you next time! It was a good game to go to and the score was close (better than a 6-0 blow out right leaf fan?) And when the Canucks come to Jetville …….watch out!

One thing we did do better as fans was BLOW AWAY the canuck fans…… Only time Canuck fans got off their hands and said anything was when Jet fans started it. IF it wasnt for Jets fans that wouldve been another quiet evening out with friends and family at the rink.:zzz:

Vancouver fans are so lazy:fruit: that saying GO CANUCKS GO is too hard to do.

March 9, 2012, 10:51 a.m.

They play in one of, if not the weakest divisions now

I saw a stat last year that the Canucks had a higher point % against teams outside of their division than inside of it.

March 9, 2012, 11:09 a.m.

I really wish hockey fans had the same enthusiasm, and could come up with 'songs' similar to those chanted by soccer fans, that would be rad!

One example; Ole Gunnar Solskjær played for Man.U, a top scorer known as ""the baby-faced assassin", had his OWN SONG!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwUj_KOwy8A

We need a Higgins song.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

March 9, 2012, 11:11 a.m.

winipeg must have been tired

Ha Ha! Made you look.

March 9, 2012, 11:27 a.m.

winipeg must have been tired

I'd say the 5mins leading upto the Wellwood goal, Winnipeg looked anything but tired.

Originally Posted by sAFETY
As a vegitarian, I don't eat bacon, as a human being I crave and miss it.

March 9, 2012, 11:36 a.m.

I'd say the 5mins leading upto the Wellwood goal, Winnipeg looked anything but tired.

whoooooosh!!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

March 9, 2012, 12:16 p.m.

I was at the game. Canucks may have had a huge amount of shots but the vast majority were from way out and without a screen or deflection to make it tricky for the goalie. If there was a hotshot goalie in net for winnipeg, I think the jets would have won the game. The shot clock isn't always indicative of actual scoring chances. Wasn't yesterday anyway.

Wrong. Always.

March 9, 2012, 12:19 p.m.

I was at the game. Canucks may have had a huge amount of shots but the vast majority were from way out and without a screen or deflection to make it tricky for the goalie. If there was a hotshot goalie in net for winnipeg, I think the jets would have won the game. The shot clock isn't always indicative of actual scoring chances. Wasn't yesterday anyway.

On my TV it looked the other way around. Kesler hit 2 posts and on a couple shifts it looked like a goal was all but certain and the goalie kept it out.

March 9, 2012, 1:06 p.m.

On my TV it looked the other way around. Kesler hit 2 posts and on a couple shifts it looked like a goal was all but certain and the goalie kept it out.

Ya know what? I had really good seats and it still wasn't as easy to follow what the hell was going on compared to watching it on tv. So take my comments with a grain of salt. I must admit I was also distracted by copious amounts of booze and hooters.

Wrong. Always.

March 9, 2012, 2:40 p.m.

There was some nice "personality glands" at the game I noticed……:woot: