Jeep and off roading

Jan. 25, 2018, 4:42 p.m.

Curious to know, anyone here who is into Trucks? Let say off roading, mud runs etc?

I, myself love's to modifying trucks. I own a Jeep XJ and it's my current project truck, my most current mods is a set of gear wheeland a 3-inch lift kit. I'm getting ready for this weekends mud run. So who else here would like to share some stories and current mods with their rides?

Jan. 28, 2018, 8:48 p.m.

Been into 4 wheel drives for as long as I've had a license. Last two trucks have been newer daily drivers so I don't take them much beyond spur roads. Lots of fun and good times exploring.

Feb. 2, 2018, 12:52 p.m.

I use my 4x4 more to get places than to wheel it.  That said this spring I should be doing a LCA, UCA and extended travel coil over swap.  I'll end up with ~2.5" of front lift.  Picked up an ARB Recovery Strap as well

Feb. 2, 2018, 1:45 p.m.

I have a '96 LandCruiser (FJ80) that I use more for getting to places rather than going out and 4-wheelin'. Last year I did an OME upgrade with new springs, shocks and steering damper and tires. Decided not to do anything much beyond a 'stock' lift as I didnt want to be driving around in a truck that was horribly harsh (and stinkbugged) 80% of the time only to be tolerable 20% of the time when it was actually off road.

Wheelin' also gets really expensive really quickly.  I cant afford the upkeep and maintenance required to actually run a dedicated wheelin' truck.

Last edited by: shoreboy on Feb. 2, 2018, 1:55 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Feb. 2, 2018, 8:08 p.m.

^Nice.  I was looking for/at FJ80s or Lexus 400 series the other week.  Found a few but really holding out for the original owner estate sale version.

Feb. 2, 2018, 11:17 p.m.

Posted by: Endur-Bro

^Nice.  I was looking for/at FJ80s or Lexus 400 series the other week.  Found a few but really holding out for the original owner estate sale version.

Theres very few of them left in that kind of condition.  Most have been turned into wheelin' trucks. They are also starting to get a bit tough to find some parts for. I got my from the States about 13 years ago.  It led a sheltered life down in California (judging by the country club stickers on the window).  I love it, but it is definitely starting to show its age.  Cracked leather seats, and a few electrical gremlins starting to show up over time.  Still cant think of a better vehicle for weekend activites with a group of people, tons of gear, and a full rack of bikes.  Its my second Cruiser, had an FJ62 before this one.