Itunes sucks

Jan. 7, 2015, 1:22 p.m.

I dont get it, there has to be a better option for managing music on my iphone. anyone, anyone? I am tired of the countless duplicate files that seem to get added every time I update the music on on my phone and how hard it is to remove them. It also seems to organize artists and albums completely at random. not that i have played with it that much, it frustrates me too much to spend the time to figure it out. is there a better option out there?

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Jan. 7, 2015, 1:33 p.m.

Media monkey

Jan. 7, 2015, 2:38 p.m.

It is pretty terrible. Especially for iphone users, what a gong show. This was def. one of the reasons I went for a Mandroid a couple years ago.

viperfunk.com

Jan. 7, 2015, 2:41 p.m.

I don't have music on my phone for this very reason. POS.

Jan. 7, 2015, 3:18 p.m.

I dumped Apple altogether many years ago for the same reason. At home Media Monkey is good. A small Sony MP3 player for out and about. And Galaxy5 has decent media players if you want to carry just the phone.

Jan. 7, 2015, 3:36 p.m.

What? Its like the easiest thing ever.

Though probably because I been buying music off iTunes for like 5 years.

I guess you mean when organizing files that are imported or torrents?

Jan. 7, 2015, 5:07 p.m.

Why do you have so many duplicate files?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 7, 2015, 5:12 p.m.

itunes works great on my iphone, zero problems at all and I plunder and pirate the great bounties of the internet for all my music needs. Can't imagine a program getting any easier to use. Plus i should add that I'm barely computer literate, if I can use itunes it can't be too hard.

Only complaint I have is getting that shitty U2 album installed in my iphone without anyone asking a few months ago. Not cool at all.

Jan. 7, 2015, 5:59 p.m.

itunes works great on my iphone, zero problems at all and I plunder and pirate the great bounties of the internet for all my music needs. Can't imagine a program getting any easier to use. Plus i should add that I'm barely computer literate, if I can use itunes it can't be too hard.

Only complaint I have is getting that shitty U2 album installed in my iphone without anyone asking a few months ago. Not cool at all.

If you can get the new IOS shit to work.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 7, 2015, 6:05 p.m.

Why do you have so many duplicate files?

that's a good question. I have a combo of old cd files and DL'ed music. some files will not load on my phone. some files are duplicated every time I update my music on the phone. plus some times I only want to add an album not a whole artist catalog and it does not seem easy to do this.

Just a speculative fiction. No cause for alarm.

Jan. 7, 2015, 6:06 p.m.

It's all about tagging your .mp3s with artist and album info. Sometimes pirated music isn't tagged properly and that's where you get the random organization.

mp3tag is a good free program that will let you edit the file tags. Or if that's too overwhelming you can always just pay for music instead.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 7, 2015, 6:09 p.m.

that's a good question. I have a combo of old cd files and DL'ed music. some files will not load on my phone. some files are duplicated every time I update my music on the phone. plus some times I only want to add an album not a whole artist catalog and it does not seem easy to do this.

Can you tell us what steps you take to put music on your phone? I never have this problem you speak of..

www.natooke.com

Jan. 7, 2015, 6:55 p.m.

I refuse to patronize iTunes. Its not the pricing or anything … I find it so frickin' inflexible. Maybe you need to have some kind of Zen state of mind to manage iTunes and playlists, but I've never been able to do what I've wanted to do with all its limitations and restrictions.

Jan. 7, 2015, 6:56 p.m.

I don't have music on my phone for this very reason. POS.

same :(

Jan. 7, 2015, 7:18 p.m.

If you can get the new IOS shit to work.

i never updated from the old iOS, by the time I got around to it I was hearing stories that it was causing problems so I just..never updated. Guess I lucked out and I no longer have anything to contribute