Israel attacks humanitarian aid flotilla. multiple deaths, and even more wounded.

May 31, 2010, 3:33 p.m.

cough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbot_War

We have done the same in international waters. Funny how people are getting self righteous about the IDF boarding in international waters. Yet our country has done the same- boarding foreign vessels in international waters.

I recall the Aussie SASR doing the same a few years ago on a container ship as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/australasia/standoff-after-australian-sas-boards-refugee-ship-667348.html

If I remember correctly, the fishing vessel was boarded for using illegal methods.

May 31, 2010, 3:33 p.m.

Hmm, might want to check up on your history there. Something about Yom Kippaur comes to mind.

lol hardass military type d00d defending military aggression.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 31, 2010, 3:34 p.m.

Full stop here.

Why were IDF soldiers boarding vessels in international waters? What right do they have to board a foreign vessel? Maybe I'd be in a fighting mood if some asshole dropped onto my boat from the sky with no legal right to do so …

Kn.

100% fair.

Legality of all this wasn't the point I intended to center it on but I do hope it will nail the assholes who deserve it, regardless of side they are on.

The narrow point that I wanted to make:
Sending soldiers to a foreign ship in international waters which is running your blockade and then picking up a pipe or axe and beating them as they board, stealing their guns and shooting at the boarders which results in the troops having to shoot back with intent… Not one part of that is right. A very predictable cause and effect killed those people that both sides saw coming and did little to actually avoid for the sake of making a statement to the opposition. Neither side was in the right… they both fu[HTML_REMOVED]ked it up.

May 31, 2010, 3:54 p.m.

A very predictable cause and effect killed those people that both sides saw coming and did little to actually avoid

This is true.

May 31, 2010, 3:55 p.m.

Neither side was in the right…

Uh, what?

When it comes to the soldiers being sent in there, I don't blame THEM for shooting when they were in a dangerous situation BUT…. a) it looks like they shot and killed people before even landing on the boat, and b) regardless of ANY of the events on board the people that sent the IDF in like that had no right to initiate the engagement in the first place.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

May 31, 2010, 3:56 p.m.

This is true.

I'm not quite sure how the flotilla could have predicted this… given that none of the other boats that have gone through the blockade to Gaza have met with this sort of insanity.

May 31, 2010, 4:19 p.m.

How anyone can justify Israel's actions while still hanging on to the occupied territories is beyond me. This is just another act of stupidity by Israel and they deserve ever lasting war. If they can give up the occupied territories and become a secular state I might care about what happens to them.

May 31, 2010, 4:47 p.m.

Yep. Nobody in my Israel-Palestine Conflict Studies class a few years ago could answer why it's okay for Israel to ignore racial and religious rights (and separations) that the west considers fundamental to democracy, yet still be considered a western, democratic foothold in the Middle East.

May 31, 2010, 5:42 p.m.

There is nothing new about that and should not be surprising. Tamils have done it. Serbian and Croatian Canadians did it.

Canadian Sri Lankins are extorted.
Serbian and Croats . . . . are you serious ?? Are you comparing their financial clout with Israeli sympathizers ?? let alone their impact on world affairs.

May 31, 2010, 7:28 p.m.

lol hardass military type d00d defending military aggression.

Kn.

Not defending. Just pointing out that during the Yom Kippuar war, Israel was on the defense while Egypt, Syria, and I believe Jordan was on the offensive. After all thety attacked first.

Which does put a rather large hole in the below statement.

IDF = Israel Defense Force = a huge fucking joke. The IDF hasn't executed a defensive manoeuvre ever. They attack first and ask questions later.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

May 31, 2010, 7:35 p.m.

Deir Yassin

Israel's first act as a nation. Nuff said.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 31, 2010, 7:39 p.m.

Canadian Sri Lankins are extorted.
Serbian and Croats . . . . are you serious ?? Are you comparing their financial clout with Israeli sympathizers ?? let alone their impact on world affairs.

No. Just pointing out that this isn't new. And that the Jewish while the largest group doing so aren't the only one's.

The Jewish groups are like the Gay rights groups. They are masters of doing whatever it takes to promote their agenda.

When it comes to Serbs and Croats, money was definitely involved. Though I do know of at least one case where I believe a Croat went further then a simple donation. A woman boarded a flight to Yugoslavia. And a okay sniper, I believe her specialty was killing women and children. Our troops spent some time trying to hunt her down to get ride of her. She was wounded then came back to Canada for free medical treatment.

I would say that there probably a few Canadian Jews who will do the same if they can. Harder to do that in the US as I believe volunteering to fight for a foreign government in their military. Will cause one to loose their US citizenship.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 31, 2010, 7:52 p.m.

most boring thread eva

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 31, 2010, 7:54 p.m.

Israel has even attacked ships of their ally the USA. Jun 8th, 1967 aircraft and Motor Torpedo Boat's attacked the USS Liberty.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

May 31, 2010, 8:20 p.m.

The Jewish groups are like the Gay rights groups. They are masters of doing whatever it takes to promote their agenda.

…except gay rights activists still have a leg to stand on.