Is Multiculturalism a Farce?

Aug. 17, 2009, 9 p.m.

as long as they don't break the law, let them live how they want?

doesn't seem that ridiculous.

And when they do break the law, depending on the severity of it and their "status", deport the fuckers if necessary. And don't publicize it. Just do it.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Aug. 17, 2009, 10:35 p.m.

I love it when a thread really brings out the racists.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Aug. 17, 2009, 11 p.m.

Any person coming to Canada should call themselves Canadian, not Chinese, Italian etc. They should [HTML_REMOVED] could learn [HTML_REMOVED] live the ways of our nation while still practicing their beliefs.

wat?
canada is a melting pot of various cultures and beliefs, that's what makes us so interesting.

Aug. 17, 2009, 11:30 p.m.

Any person coming to Canada should call themselves Canadian, not Chinese, Italian etc. They should [HTML_REMOVED] could learn [HTML_REMOVED] live the ways of our nation while still practicing their beliefs.

They call themselves Italian-Canadian, Chinese-Canadian, etc.

I believe (strongly) that immigrants should learn one of the official languages, otherwise we have enough laws.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 17, 2009, 11:36 p.m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ice_hockey_players_of_Asian_descent

Canadians aplenty

Aug. 17, 2009, 11:51 p.m.

surrey is little india then

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

Aug. 18, 2009, 1:51 a.m.

Brilliant.

When you're finished your vision quest bring the Mrs. over to the wig-wam and we'll smoke a peace pipe.

www.natooke.com

Aug. 18, 2009, 2:47 a.m.

Yeah so?

Aug. 18, 2009, 5:17 a.m.

So do you think public policy should change to reflect the views of a large influx of immigrants. Do you believe that Sharia Law should be enforced in lieu of our laws for Moslems?

Sharia laws was rejected by the Feds in the last couple of years.

Public policy has been changed or adjusted many times to reflect the views of immigrants. The top one that come to mind are Sikh's and the helmet laws. Also recall something about being allowed to carry the Karpan in school.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Aug. 18, 2009, 7:38 a.m.

Everyone's a racist to some degree.

Public policy has been changed or adjusted many times to reflect the views of immigrants. The top one that come to mind are Sikh's and the helmet laws. Also recall something about being allowed to carry the Karpan in school.

The helmet law I don't really give a crap. Obviously they have nothing worth protecting.
However being allowed to carry a 6" knife into school is BS. I don't mind accommodating different beliefs as long as it does not show favoritism or endanger others.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Aug. 18, 2009, 8:28 a.m.

wat?
canada is a melting pot of various cultures and beliefs, that's what makes us so interesting.

Actually, the US has historically been referred to as the 'melting pot' … implying that all cultures within their borders are eventually expected to succumb to becoming part of the homogeneous norm. Canada has adopted the term 'cultural mosaic'.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 18, 2009, 9:19 a.m.

and i would say "cultural mosaic" is a fairly accurate term. take your fair Vancouver for example, a whole lot of different people from different places and backgrounds who make up one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

i'm a has been, trying to be a never was on the comeback trail.

Aug. 18, 2009, 9:19 a.m.

Everyone's a racist to some degree.

That is true. The problem in Canada these days is that every time someone feels put out they call it racism. Ask to see their gym membership card because that is the rules they claim it's racist.

This has lead to this wonderful problem. Enforce the rules but don't offend any one,.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Aug. 18, 2009, 9:24 a.m.

I American, so can I carry a gun?

I agree with whoever said that immigrants should learn one of the official languages.
I've seen people who've lived in the states for 20+ years and don't speak more
English
than I speak Japanese. It's the same when I was in Spain last, I went to Fuengirola
and saw all the ex-pat Brits that couldn't speak more than 10 words in Spanish
and were making fun of it. WTF is up with that? I just can't see the reasoning
behind packing up and going through all the crap with immigration and not taking
the time to learn the language. I know people in Hawaii who were born and raised
there that don't speak English, or Hawaiian, but pull out some Tagalog and let
the conversation begin.

I'm proud of my Spanish heritage, my mom's proud to have been born and raised
in Spain, but we are Americans and she speaks perfect English, hell my 89 y/o
grandfather speaks perfect English (w/ an accent, but perfect nonetheless).

By not learning the language of the land, you alienate yourself from the country.
You send a message that says you just don't care about the land you live in.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Aug. 18, 2009, 12:54 p.m.

I American, so can I carry a gun?

Feel free to visit the Human Rights Tribunal, they take care of that sort of shite.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk