Iraq war officially over.

Dec. 21, 2011, 10:38 a.m.

are you crazy? It is all about oil. just ask hibullitt

wat

reading comprehension fail…it's not about"getting" THEIR oil, but destabilizing the
region
to make their (US oil companies) oil.

Here, a little more clearly:
By creating chaos in the middle east and Africa, and keeping other oil rich countries poor
through political means (like Indonesia), also making sure that every other oil producing
nation is looked at as either being evil (Argentina etc), it ensures that North American
oil is kept high. And it keeps other nations sucking at the teat of the "stable", "reasonable"
"just", "democratic" and just flat out "nice" countries like Canada and the USA.

So, if I were an oil exec with ties to the leaders of say the USA (a large percentage
of US law makers have oil ties) I would encourage in any way I can the invasion of these
countries to ensure a higher oil price. The very last thing the oil companies want is
low oil prices.

And our leaders want high gas prices too. How much do they make off taxing our gas?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 21, 2011, 11:22 a.m.

And our leaders want high gas prices too. How much do they make off taxing our gas?

At the federal level, gas is taxed at a fixed rate per gallon, not as a percentage of cost. Lower oil prices would generate more tax revenue since consumption would increase.

Local sales tax revenue would increase with higher prices but states and counties don't quite have the same clout when it comes to invading countries to destabilize markets.

Dec. 21, 2011, 11:25 a.m.

I figure fair's fair when it comes to people passing off their personal conclusions and beliefs as fact. Somebody shows me a list of jobs, roles and identified tasks for contractors and I'll take note of whether they were cooks or killers. I'd also like a list of valid and independent support for claims or torture and random killing - this goes for both sides of that argument.

Until then I feel it's fair game to troll a little :rawr:

Well said.

And the older I get the more sensible do guys like HiBullit sound.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Dec. 21, 2011, 12:10 p.m.

At the federal level, gas is taxed at a fixed rate per gallon, not as a percentage of cost. Lower oil prices would generate more tax revenue since consumption would increase.

Local sales tax revenue would increase with higher prices but states and counties don't quite have the same clout when it comes to invading countries to destabilize markets.

I stand corrected.

Dec. 21, 2011, 12:38 p.m.

reading comprehension fail…it's not about"getting" THEIR oil, but destabilizing the
region
to make their (US oil companies) oil.

you think?

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Dec. 21, 2011, 1:47 p.m.

At the global level increased stability in more areas may lead to increased industrialization and consumption - consumption that leads to higher demand. The resulting higher demand would in turn drive up oil prices, once again increasing revenue for oil execs.

Dec. 21, 2011, 7:24 p.m.

Maybe the US should spend their money just to arm both sides, 'equally', and let them fight it out til the end.

Here's a thought I've had about the religious aspect of all this (oh, yeah, time for that
now).

Seriously though, if you have (in the USA) most of the leaders fervent Christian believers.
And the bible ends with Armageddon and the final battle and all that. And after the final
battle there's the rapture where all the god fearing good folk go to the ultimate orgasm
in the sky. They all believe this is a fait accompli, then some must think that whatever
they do to facilitate this will get them off this evil rock and into the glory and kingdom
of heaven.

I firmly believe that the American religious right are as fanatical as the jihadists
and thus are capable of anything like starting the end of the world.

Dec. 21, 2011, 11:27 p.m.

in 2008 i was the crazy conspirocy guy….now i just sit back and let you guys get it done.

very rewarding.:fro:

Dec. 22, 2011, 8:38 a.m.

Here's a thought I've had about the religious aspect of all this (oh, yeah, time for that
now).

Seriously though, if you have (in the USA) most of the leaders fervent Christian believers.
And the bible ends with Armageddon and the final battle and all that. And after the final
battle there's the rapture where all the god fearing good folk go to the ultimate orgasm
in the sky. They all believe this is a fait accompli, then some must think that whatever
they do to facilitate this will get them off this evil rock and into the glory and kingdom
of heaven.

I firmly believe that the American religious right are as fanatical as the jihadists
and thus are capable of anything like starting the end of the world.

You haven't been watching this season of Dexter by any chance?

Dec. 22, 2011, 9:16 a.m.

maybe not THAT over.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2011/12/22/iraq-violence-thurs.html

Dec. 22, 2011, 9:24 a.m.

Can we go back to the middle of the last century with our culture? Only in our hospitals and steno pools though… I have black, gay, lesbian, and arab friends who I'd still like to be friends with. Girls can wear sexy uniforms though… please and thank-you.

How do you feel about this recent pic?

A full body shot would have been better to showcase the sexy uniforms (as I imagine them to be) they're wearing. :clap:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/12/la-sailor-makes-history-with-very-public-kiss-of-lesbian-partner.html

Dec. 22, 2011, 1:08 p.m.

Anyone read this book?

http://www.economichitman.com/

Interesting view of US ([HTML_REMOVED] IMF, World Bank) foreign policy and tactics.

Dec. 22, 2011, 2:09 p.m.

You haven't been watching this season of Dexter by any chance?

I have it on the dvr but haven't started to watch it yet. Dexter is my hero.