Iran

Feb. 17, 2012, 3:12 p.m.

In 2011 Iran had 3.2M tourists and a population of 74.7M people. This equates to 0.43 tourists per capita in Iran.

Feb. 17, 2012, 3:28 p.m.

In 2011 Iran had 3.2M tourists and a population of 74.7M people. This equates to 0.43 tourists per capita in Iran.

Actually, its 0.043 tourists per person. Andorra has like over 110. If you hate tourists, stay away from Andorra and move to Iran. Things you learn on NSMB.com.

Feb. 17, 2012, 3:33 p.m.

Actually, its 0.043 tourists per person. Andorra has like over 110. If you hate tourists, stay away from Andorra and move to Iran. Things you learn on NSMB.com.

But if I move to Iran, would I be a tourist and have to hate myself.

Feb. 17, 2012, 3:36 p.m.

But if I move to Iran, would I be a tourist and have to hate myself.

uhm no you are a tourist if you live in country A and visit country B if you moe to country B you are a resident.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 17, 2012, 3:48 p.m.

You can visit a country and not be a tourist. If you go to Iran to cut an arms or drug deal, you aren't a tourist. Snooty backpackers consider themselves "travelers" (ie they "get it") and others who don't "get it" (ie everyone else) "tourists". In reality the only differences between tourists and travelers is travelers tend to have B.O. and to not wear loud Hawaiian-print shirts.

Feb. 17, 2012, 3:55 p.m.

You can visit a country and not be a tourist. If you go to Iran to cut an arms or drug deal, you aren't a tourist. Snooty backpackers consider themselves "travelers" (ie they "get it") and everyone else (who don't "get it") "tourists". In reality the only differences between tourists and travelers is travelers tend to have B.O. and to not wear loud Hawaiian-print shirts.

I wear my sooke dinner jacket proud when i go traveling. to the walmart

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 18, 2012, 8:29 a.m.

tourist = anyone going over i think its 80km for over a 24hour period on a non business related trip…

Feb. 18, 2012, 9:02 a.m.

well, according to John Baird, Israel has no greater friend than Canada…so I guess he wants us in too?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the USA can claim that. With yearly grants (not loans…grants) between
$1-3 Billion dollars per year while it's own people can't get health care and millions not
able to feed themselves properly living in slums.

Then again, if the USA stopped all of the giving of it's peoples tax money to foreign interests
and used that money to take care of it's own it would become irrelevant.

If NA would change it's energy policies radically, the middle east would be irrelevant too.

Unless you're a monotheist and can't wait till Armageddon and the rapture and then you
can't wait to facilitate the "final battle".

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Feb. 21, 2012, 11:13 a.m.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the USA can claim that. With yearly grants (not loans…grants) between
$1-3 Billion dollars per year while it's own people can't get health care and millions not
able to feed themselves properly living in slums.

Then again, if the USA stopped all of the giving of it's peoples tax money to foreign interests
and used that money to take care of it's own it would become irrelevant.

President Obama wants to provide Israel with $3.1 billion of U.S. taxpayer-funded weapons next year, an increase from $3.075 billion in 2012

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 21, 2012, 12:46 p.m.

Iran - just over 2 miles this morning - and at a pretty good pace (15 minutes).

When I was younger and still owned knee cartilage I could do three miles in 15 minutes. In the snow, uphill, in my jammies with 49 pounds of books on my back.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Feb. 21, 2012, 12:55 p.m.

President Obama wants to provide Israel with $3.1 billion of U.S. taxpayer-funded weapons next year, an increase from $3.075 billion in 2012

Wow, just a $25 million increase? That's not even keeping up with inflation.

Guess they're not as close friends as they used to be.

Feb. 21, 2012, 2:57 p.m.

uhm no you are a tourist if you live in country A and visit country B if you moe to country B you are a resident.

I am pretty sure regardless of my mailing address the people in Iran would consider me a tourist. Besides, that was Keanu saying that, it didn't need to make sense.

Feb. 21, 2012, 9:05 p.m.

Pepe Escobar schools you….again.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Feb. 21, 2012, 9:30 p.m.

When I was younger and still owned knee cartilage I could do three miles in 15 minutes. In the snow, uphill, in my jammies with 49 pounds of books on my back.

Video or it never happened…

Feb. 22, 2012, 10:20 a.m.

Pepe Escobar schools you….again.

Said it before, I'll say it again. This has nothing to do with religion or the desire to
"get a hold" of someone's oil, it's about destabilization. The people in Washington (and
elsewhere) are heavily invested in oil and low oil prices don't help their bottom line..
So, they continue this charade of fear, and religious hatred so they can ensure that the
oil producing middle eastern countries are unstable. It's this instability that keeps out
gas prices high and their pockets full.

The only solution isn't bombing, it's funding alternative energy solutions to oil. Until
we do that, everything our governments tell us about the "evil" empires is hyperbole.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons