iPod vs. iRiver iHP-120

June 21, 2004, 3:41 p.m.

For Spooky Milk: Because He is banned.

I

The Silence Music
armchair cynics

June 21, 2004, 3:52 p.m.

ipod battery is less than 6 hours (3rd gen unless mine is a lemon) and not loud enough when cranked.

iriver, i don't know

turn off sigs…it will change your life

June 21, 2004, 4:45 p.m.

Isn't there adapters out that allow you to store picture files from your digicam on the iPod? That would be a great feature on holidays.
Maybe the iRiver does that too but I'm not sure.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

June 21, 2004, 5:04 p.m.

go for the ipod, it is much more worth the money. gearwhore, your pod should last at least 6.5 hours, otherwise you got a lemon, which isn't unheard of. As for the sound on the ipod, it can be adjusted on the ipod, or in itunes, or at least a little. you can also get programs that equalize the sound how you want it. The iRiver does have one good feature, the inline lcd remote, which i also think is what the ipod lacks. and yes, belkin makes an adapter that plugs into the ipod to transfer pictures from emeory cards, it'll run you back 100 bucks.

![](http://www3.telus.net/public/wtaekema/cloud panoramasig.jpg)

FOR SALE: 2003 Fox Vanilla R Shock: 7.875" x 2.25". Comes with 650lbs spring. $30

June 21, 2004, 5:12 p.m.

Originally posted by bighitbikerNS
and yes, belkin makes an adapter that plugs into the ipod to transfer pictures from emeory cards, it'll run you back 100 bucks.

My friend ordered some adapter that lets you plug the iPod into the back of your car deck so you can use the CD controls to operate it. Basically it recognizes the iPod as a CD changer.
I thought that was kinda cool, no more tape adapter or crappy RF connection.

"Dont be fooled Timmy, if the cow had a chance he'd kill you and everyone you love."

June 21, 2004, 5:24 p.m.

Originally posted by Obi_Wan
My friend ordered some adapter that lets you plug the iPod into the back of your car deck so you can use the CD controls to operate it. Basically it recognizes the iPod as a CD changer.
I thought that was kinda cool, no more tape adapter or crappy RF connection.

i needs me one of those

turn off sigs…it will change your life

June 21, 2004, 5:40 p.m.

um i dont know whats wrong with your guys iPods but i get 12-14 hours easily between charges. i used to use it for work. 3 x 4hr shifts and i got through about halfway of my fourth shift before the battery went.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 21, 2004, 5:43 p.m.

Originally posted by gearwh0re
i needs me one of those

there is this. i was informed that there is a superior product to this but i forget the name but this is the same idea.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=T7194LL/A

and there is this too.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=T7194LL/A

here are the rest of the accessories on the apple site.
http://www.apple.com/ipod/accessories.html

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

June 21, 2004, 6:53 p.m.

apple # 1.

June 21, 2004, 6:56 p.m.

i have iriver. i love it and it recently beat all other devices in pcrpo uk in a massive test. Its better beacause :

1) It can handle ogg format
2) No crap software needed
3) Built in Radio
4) Built-in microphone
5) A lot of better connections for better connection to external devices
6) You dont have the battery worry as you would with ipod
7) Battery length is better
8) Nice flashy MD style remote

IMO its a much better player, but a lot of people prefer ipod cause they are the original and cool with the button system.

MON THE SCOTS

-[Check out my Deviations at http://trailstar.deviantart.com]-

June 21, 2004, 9:07 p.m.

iRivers are fugly

June 21, 2004, 9:11 p.m.

Originally posted by h4mst3r
iRivers are fugly

Thats called a reflection in the display.

June 21, 2004, 9:16 p.m.

Originally posted by trail star
**i have iriver. i love it and it recently beat all other devices in pcrpo uk in a massive test. Its better beacause :

1) It can handle ogg format
2) No crap software needed
3) Built in Radio
4) Built-in microphone
5) A lot of better connections for better connection to external devices
6) You dont have the battery worry as you would with ipod
7) Battery length is better
8) Nice flashy MD style remote

IMO its a much better player, but a lot of people prefer ipod cause they are the original and cool with the button system. **

uhhhhhhhh since when did itunes become shitty software?

http://www.finalgear.com

June 21, 2004, 9:21 p.m.

clever…

what im trying to say is that it lacks the elegance and distinctiveness of an ipod

its a typical PC product, just jam as many features as you can into a reasonably small overmasculinized package. it doesnt matter how it all works together in the end as long as theres a product you can compete with apple against

June 21, 2004, 9:24 p.m.

iRIVER foo. I have been in the same debate for many months. I sided with the great iRIVER also becuase look at all the cool cats in the photos sections.

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //