Iphone 5

Sept. 13, 2012, 11:36 p.m.

Apple expects to sell 50 million iPhones by Christmas. The sales number is enough to buy all those new fighters Harper wants. It's also greater than GNP of half the countries in the world.

Cash :cow:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 14, 2012, 7:57 a.m.

Hate?? Don't know about hate, but I won't buy an apple product.

However, to answer your question;

Apple sheep - "I'm buying the latest apple doo-dad because … apple!!"

Me - after some (rather frustrating) interaction with apple products, and some research how the company works, I find no reason to be so excited about their doo-dads. I find their locked down systems to be annoying and a little bit Orwellian, I find their products to be only slightly better than average for the most part, though their few very well designed products carry price tags that are just plain ridiculous. I find their stance on design patents and enforcement of same to be on the fine edge of unethical, and just because everyone else is doing the same unethical shit doesn't justify it. And finally, I don't really respect a marketing blab that purports to tell me what I want. I'm adult enough to make that decision, thankewverymuch.

So, you see, my distaste for apple is a carefully considered position after evaluating the data. Not sheep-like at all.

question answered?

Kn.

I agree a lot with what is said here. I'm not a fan of apple products, like Ken, I've decided they're not for me, for the same reasons mentioned above.

I know a lot of people that like Apple products, and that's fine by me. I don't ever make any negative comments towards them about it, as I honestly couldn't care less what they use. But they always seem to want to tell me why my choice of product is inferior to their Apple products. Meh.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
— Sigmund Freud

:canada: :usa:

Sept. 14, 2012, 8:23 a.m.

I know a lot of people that like Apple products, and that's fine by me. I don't ever make any negative comments towards them about it, as I honestly couldn't care less what they use. But they always seem to want to tell me why my choice of product is inferior to their Apple products. Meh.

Exactly!! Just because I'm not an apple fan doesn't imply that I walk up to people on the street that are playing with their iToy and kick them in the nether regions! But if someone starts a conversation about phone tech, then I'll state my views.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Sept. 14, 2012, 8:27 a.m.

This is the equivalent of people arguing about Iphone vs Android. :)

Sept. 14, 2012, 8:37 a.m.

I'm pre-PRE ordering my iPhone 6

Suckas!!!

"I'm addicted to surfing."

Sept. 14, 2012, 9:53 a.m.

Apple is big religion.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 14, 2012, 8:41 p.m.

adam west hates american cars

, however, notice the black guys pants don't leave much to the imajination.

Sept. 14, 2012, 8:51 p.m.

adam west hates american cars

and don't you forget it

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 14, 2012, 11:40 p.m.

if I still have my apple //c does that make me a fanboi or an original fan?

or a pack-rat… :(

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Sept. 15, 2012, 12:15 a.m.

pack-rat. Horders will be contacting you shortly.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 15, 2012, 2:20 a.m.

oh boy, kinda like the 26er vs 29er vs 650 debate.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Sept. 15, 2012, 6:40 a.m.

Got a good chuckle out of this.

I "reserved" the 5 for myself and my wife since we both have the 3Gs. I haven't had any issues with my 3Gs other than popping my camel back bladder and emptying 3L of water into my bag with my phone in there. I should have probably taken the phone out of the backpack after that but I was more amazed that I survived falling off a log ride 8' in the air landing on my back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdIWKytq_q4

Sept. 15, 2012, 8:08 a.m.

iPhone 5 gets ya more pussy

Sept. 15, 2012, 10:42 a.m.

When it comes time to replace my iphone4 I am going to buy whichever phone has the longest battery life. Be it apple, Samsung whatever…

A web browser and some decent navigation apps are all I need and want on a phone.

In China they have location based social networking apps that people use to hook up one night stands or cheat on their spouses. You guys got anything like that in Canada yet?

www.natooke.com

Sept. 15, 2012, 3:57 p.m.

In China they have location based social networking apps that people use to hook up one night stands or cheat on their spouses. You guys got anything like that in Canada yet?

We have Skout here in the US, not sure if its available in Canada.

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast