Iphone 5

Sept. 24, 2012, 6:22 p.m.

i feel like enduramil for posting this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG6Qx127xgs

On the subject of issues involving the iPhone 5 that make me want to shoot things:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw

Sept. 24, 2012, 6:29 p.m.

can't be real

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Sept. 24, 2012, 7:08 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMsLArefSOw

This get posted a lot, but…

Sept. 24, 2012, 7:15 p.m.

iOS 6 is consuming battery life a lot more than 5.1.1. Lame.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 25, 2012, 10:59 a.m.

how do i change the iphone camera resolution.. sick of it saving huge pictures

Sept. 25, 2012, 11:23 a.m.

how do i change the iphone camera resolution.. sick of it saving huge pictures

:lol:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:31 p.m.

:lol:

either it's blatanly obvious or impossible.

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:45 p.m.

Google has a patent on it so ios users are SOL.

Sept. 25, 2012, 12:50 p.m.

that's ok.. I recall a jailbreak camera app that had the setting. I use photo editing apps

Sept. 25, 2012, 1:31 p.m.

Read on Gizmodo that the adapter for the new phone has a chip that may prevent 3rd parties from copying the adapter or chord without paying apple first.

Sept. 25, 2012, 1:50 p.m.

Read on Gizmodo that the adapter for the new phone has a chip that may prevent 3rd parties from copying the adapter or chord without paying apple first.

Yup.

If you bought yourself an iPhone 5, and are looking for a cheap, third-party lightning adapter to save a couple of bucks, you might want to hold off. There's an authenticator chip in the official adapters, and third-party adapters probably won't work without it.
Peter from Double Helix Cables found the obnoxious little chip while dissecting one of the new, official Lighting cables. Positioned between the cord's USB contact and the power pin on the Lightning plug, the chip seems to be the key to keeping Lighting cables and adapters proprietary. These kind of authentication chips aren't uncommon in more sophisticated accessories, but this is the first time one has shown up in something as basic as a charging cable, smack in the middle of the power line.

But it's probably only a matter of time until someone figures out how to make one of their own (not a cable expert just a guess).

Seems like the motto for the iPhone 5 so far is "It's got issues, but it will be awesome eventually".

Sept. 25, 2012, 2:14 p.m.

You can choose to have flash on/off, and enable/disable HDR. Anything else would be too confusing for the user. :rolleyes:

An app like Camera+ will allow you to save a smaller file. I've only tried it and Genius, but there are a lot of camera applications on the store.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 25, 2012, 9:35 p.m.

Yup.

But it's probably only a matter of time until someone figures out how to make one of their own (not a cable expert just a guess).

Dell has been doing the same thing for years with their laptop power adaptors …

http://www.bixnet.com/cntdj.html

Sept. 25, 2012, 10:13 p.m.

You think Dell is doing it to corner the market on their adapters?

The chip on the iPhone cord is apparently only tied to the data lines.

Check out the video comparison of Lumina 920 vs. iPhone 5.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells

Sept. 25, 2012, 10:20 p.m.

The dell laptop thing is weird. I have a non dell charger and the battery still charges, but slower, and it never says it's charging.

It's kinda wonky but it was a hell of alot cheaper and when my power adapter failed (like everything else dell I've owned) I needed to finish my paper that day so ordering a dell one online was a no go.

It seems apple did this before though. My old iPod charger would not work properly with the ex's phone, but would work with the new iPod touch.