i'm suprised about the lack of chatter on the Quebec shootings

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:50 a.m.

I have no idea what the signifcance is of Oct 22, 2014

Oct 22nd, 2014 when a terrorist asshole killed Cpl Nathan Cirillo at the National War Memorial. Then proceeded to Parliament with intent to kill more. Then engaged in a gun battle with armed officers. While all parties in the building prepared for the worst.

And as I recall the NBR Illuminati engaged in the usual crapola like here. And as I recall I mentioned that day where I shared my wife's work went into lock down and we had no idea if there was another attack coming.

And the week before less than 2 hours away in Quebec in St Jean another terrorist killed a soldier with a car.

I would not wish that on anyone a night like that to sit while shit like that goes down and hoping that there is not more coming. The worry because you can't call your wife who is in lock down on the base and can't phone out to say she is okay.. And I would not downplay how it felt and was like.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 31, 2017, 11:58 a.m.

I could imagine that there is way too much common sense and reason in this thread for most people scared of those Boogeymen.

Mic, to be fair common sense did force certain changes because of where my wife works. I still 2 years later pay attention to cars parked out front or anything that feels odd in the neighborhood. And when driving home if I think the vehicle following has appeared to much to be following will deliberately miss the turn off for home and take a bit of a detour.

Interestingly enough talked to my Uncle the ex cop about it all. And he said there was nothing bad about doing that. He wishes people did pay more attention to things around them like that.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Jan. 31, 2017, 12:06 p.m.

that^^ incident was probably more of a terrorist act than this last mass murder, wasnt he canadian ?

Jan. 31, 2017, 12:59 p.m.

Don,t terrorist usually work with a group of like minded individuals and typically take claim for their actions ?? .

With the incident in 2014 that happened at a government building/location so this is one of the reasons it labeled as a terrorist attack . The one in Quebec I would not be surprised if it,s more racially related .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Jan. 31, 2017, 1:19 p.m.

Yeah good point ^^ no organization claimed or has claimed responsibility for any of the aforementioned events because they were white canadian wacko nut jobs who acted alone

I think to call them terrorists is a HUGE stretch

And the latest Mosque attack I would call a hate crime

BUT the OP asks why did nobody care ?

Maybe because we ARE desensitized cuz in NA there is a mass murder (more than 4 people killed by one person ) on average every day

and hate crimes or mass murder is never OK

Jan. 31, 2017, 2:22 p.m.

Syncro, was waiting to see how long this would take.

Interestingly no one has commented on his timings. He showed up at night when it was men's night at the Mosque when it was all me with some children. He didn't show up at another time when could could have killed women as well. But he didn't.

Muslim men and women tend to pray separately in separate areas of the mosque. It depends on where in the world and what sect of Islam too, but it is pretty much the norm in many places.

Find the women in this picture … it makes Where's Waldo look like a walk in the park.

Don,t terrorist usually work with a group of like minded individuals and typically take claim for their actions ?? .

With the incident in 2014 that happened at a government building/location so this is one of the reasons it labeled as a terrorist attack . The one in Quebec I would not be surprised if it,s more racially related .

Terrorism is generally violence or intimidation to make a political statement. As opposed to hatred, rage, greed, jealousy etc.

Jan. 31, 2017, 2:59 p.m.

Currently in ottawa visiting my folks and it's all everybody has been talking about since it happened.

"I know that heroes ride bicycles" - Joe Biden

Jan. 31, 2017, 4:33 p.m.

Yep. Even CTV has stopped airing cat-in-the-tree stories.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

Jan. 31, 2017, 5 p.m.

Okay so besides 9/11, San Bernardo and Orlando night club when else have brown people mass killed in the USA?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Jan. 31, 2017, 5:11 p.m.

Okay so besides 9/11, San Bernardo and Orlando night club when else have brown people mass killed in the USA?

Gold chain over the black turtle neck and a white BMW? Totally killin it.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Jan. 31, 2017, 8:40 p.m.

To mind terrorism is done in a way to sow fear amongst a population larger than the one it directly affects. I'd say it's generally political, and often a technique of a lightly resourced resistance against a powerful enemy, but I'd also include acts done by individuals who identify as part of a political or social movement but aren't formally linked. Without the intent to spread fear I'd consider it a hate crime - angry at a group and wants to hurt them.

I wouldn't be surprised if dude was trying to inspire fear in the Muslim population and identified as a white supremacist or defender of Quebec/Canadian culture or some such other bullshit. It'll take time to figure out his intentions.

Either way he's a piece of shit and faith continues to be a cancer on our species.

Feb. 1, 2017, 12:52 a.m.

Mic, to be fair common sense did force certain changes because of where my wife works. I still 2 years later pay attention to cars parked out front or anything that feels odd in the neighborhood. And when driving home if I think the vehicle following has appeared to much to be following will deliberately miss the turn off for home and take a bit of a detour.

Interestingly enough talked to my Uncle the ex cop about it all. And he said there was nothing bad about doing that. He wishes people did pay more attention to things around them like that.

A little care and an observation of the surroundings should be on everyone's agenda. I am doing this myself. Owe it to my son and family.

But this was not what I was getting at.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Feb. 1, 2017, 7:29 a.m.

Our criminal code defines Terrorism in part thusly:

(b) an act or omission, in or outside Canada,

(i) that is committed

(A) in whole or in part for a political, religious or ideological purpose, objective or cause, and

(B) in whole or in part with the intention of intimidating the public, or a segment of the public, with regard to its security, including its economic security, or compelling a person, a government or a domestic or an international organization to do or to refrain from doing any act, whether the public or the person, government or organization is inside or outside Canada,

So - if his intent was to say stop people from preying or to get Canada to halt Muslim immigration it would be terrorism. Probably early to say what he wanted to accomplish - if anything.

Feb. 1, 2017, 5:43 p.m.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/canadian-mass-murders-1.3958772

According to CBC mass murderes in Canada are statisticaly most likely to be white and Canadian born

I'm gona look at all these white people different from now on

Actually if you follow the killing and numbers between the FLQ, the Montreal massacre and this latest stupidity the tend to be French.

The raw, primitive, unrefined trails that see little to no maintenance are the kinds of trails that really build skill. What kind of skills do you learn riding a trail that was made by a machine, groomed to perfection and void of any rocks, roots or other obstacles that could send you careening over the handlebars?

Feb. 2, 2017, 10:04 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLwPlvhewME
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/oleary-gun-range-shooting-thursday-1.3963724

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.