I'm Audi 5

May 22, 2003, 2:46 p.m.

yep, last day at work today, finishing up the packing this weekend, and i am off to cali for the summer and more.

this summer, i am gonna be working at this place called hidden villa, running a high ropes course and rock climbing activities with kids. i am going down about two weeks early and staying with my friend in san francisco, hopefully, doing alot of nothing.

after that, i am fairly undecided, probably either living in SF or the east bay, just working for now. i am coming back to seattle eventually, just need to get outta here for a bit.

i will not have a computer or internet access for a while; so no more intraweb-net antics.

i will check my email, so if you get bored, drop me a line @ [email protected].

take care, and have a dope summer….peace out

-d

+if you are from the bay area, and want to ride, drop me a line, i dont have anyone to ride with yet.

intelligent designer jeans
cornichons > dills

May 22, 2003, 2:51 p.m.

good luck with the new job…..enjoy the sunshine!

May 22, 2003, 3:15 p.m.

where in the bay area are u movin?

May 22, 2003, 3:17 p.m.

Originally posted by Biking Fiend
where in the bay area are u movin?

actually, this summer, i am gonna be up in the hills by mountainview; i think we already talked about this once, you went to a wedding down there? there isnt much down there, but SF is like 40 minutes away by caltrain (or car).

i am gonna be in SF after that though.

cornichons > dills

May 22, 2003, 3:24 p.m.

Living up to your name man :D

Well have fun, thats the type of thing I'm going to be doing for the next couple of years.

:scotland: El Presidente

May 22, 2003, 3:37 p.m.

Originally posted by NOM4D
**actually, this summer, i am gonna be up in the hills by mountainview; i think we already talked about this once, you went to a wedding down there? there isnt much down there, but SF is like 40 minutes away by caltrain (or car).

i am gonna be in SF after that though. **

hehe there is nothing down there but fast food places and car dealerships.

May 22, 2003, 3:58 p.m.

Good bye Damon. Don't forget to stay away from those naked croquet players.

May 22, 2003, 4:52 p.m.

Cool stuff man, I just did the same thing in Australlia…real fun stuff…congrats and hope you enjoy it…I'm goin to Midpines Ca for a Wilderness EMT course this summer…good times…Are you taking your bike?:thepimp:

"Ahhh the Serenity" - The Castle
George Bush: International Terrrorist
"call it a skirt again and I'll kick the piss out of you…Davidson for Life"

May 22, 2003, 4:58 p.m.

Originally posted by Blue
Cool stuff man, I just did the same thing in Australlia…real fun stuff…congrats and hope you enjoy it…I'm goin to Midpines Ca for a Wilderness EMT course this summer…good times…Are you taking your bike?:thepimp:

yeah, i have done it before, it is nice.
of course i am bringing my bike, yo

cornichons > dills

May 22, 2003, 5:09 p.m.

yeah, i have done it before, it is nice.
of course i am bringing my bike, yo

nice…how big is the high ropes course, and how young are the kids? it's cool to see little kids that think they can't possibly do things get over it and have a good time…:)

May 22, 2003, 5:14 p.m.

nice…how big is the high ropes course, and how young are the kids? it's cool to see little kids that think they can't possibly do things get over it and have a good time…:)

it is a pretty small one, about 30 to 40 feet up.. i work with youth from 10 to 18 there.. i love it, you can find a challenge for everyone, there is a tarzan sort of crossing thing, a big "X" crossing thing (heebie jeebie), and a pamper pole where you gotta jump out and hit this volleyball…

with the older ones, i go out to castle rock state park, set up a couple top-ropes, and climb out there. it is fun, but a pain, seeing as how i have to carry 4 climbing ropes, 10 helmets, 10 harnesses and other gear a little over a mile hike to set up at 7am.

cornichons > dills

May 22, 2003, 5:22 p.m.

**it is a pretty small one, about 30 to 40 feet up.. i work with youth from 10 to 18 there.. i love it, you can find a challenge for everyone, there is a tarzan sort of crossing thing, a big "X" crossing thing (heebie jeebie), and a pamper pole where you gotta jump out and hit this volleyball…

with the older ones, i go out to castle rock state park, set up a couple top-ropes, and climb out there. it is fun, but a pain, seeing as how i have to carry 4 climbing ropes, 10 helmets, 10 harnesses and other gear a little over a mile hike to set up at 7am. **

haha…yeah, hauling gear is a pain…when you say "X" thing, are you talking about the two x'd ropes where you have to sit on the descending rope in the middle and use th other rope as a support, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing, that killed so many kids at the place I worked, then after repeated tries, when we showed them they were all over it…sounds like fun shit, I worked with 6-16 yo's, the little kids were a gas, but the high-school kids were a pain, they were city kids out in the country, and they were too cool to have anyone talk to them about safety…funny times

May 22, 2003, 5:28 p.m.

haha…yeah, hauling gear is a pain…when you say "X" thing, are you talking about the two x'd ropes where you have to sit on the descending rope in the middle and use th other rope as a support, I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing, that killed so many kids at the place I worked, then after repeated tries, when we showed them they were all over it…sounds like fun shit, I worked with 6-16 yo's, the little kids were a gas, but the high-school kids were a pain, they were city kids out in the country, and they were too cool to have anyone talk to them about safety…funny times

yeah, sort of like that… more like a tightrope where you have to hold on to these x-ing ropes.

yeah, we work with all city kids too.. i actually prefer working with the urban kids that are labeled with "behavior problems", mainly because i was one. for the last 3 years, i have ran an outdoor education program at a teen center (where i am now, last day) with "at-risk" (read=youth of color) teens. snowboarding has been the big thing, with indoor rock climbing, mountain biking, and hiking as well.

cornichons > dills

May 22, 2003, 5:37 p.m.

**yeah, sort of like that… more like a tightrope where you have to hold on to these x-ing ropes.

yeah, we work with all city kids too.. i actually prefer working with the urban kids that are labeled with "behavior problems", mainly because i was one. for the last 3 years, i have ran an outdoor education program at a teen center (where i am now, last day) with "at-risk" (read=youth of color) teens. snowboarding has been the big thing, with indoor rock climbing, mountain biking, and hiking as well. **

Sounds like youre doing good work for kids that need it…yeah, I like the kids who'd never been in those kinda situations, and seeing them learn something about them selves…I think we've all gone through the teen's at risk thing, and hell, I'm even white…take that racial profiling…those kids are way more down to earth than kids with rich parents (not all rich kids are bad, don't get me wrong) nothing worse than hearing a kid with nothing to worry about whine for 8 hours…but working with kids in rough situations or bad homes realy put's your own life in perspective…prop's to you mate, it sounds like you're doing a good thing for these kids:)