If you had unlimited free time..

June 4, 2015, 7:39 p.m.

I spent the last 2 days training, running around in the bush getn et by mosquito's n black flys

June 4, 2015, 8:06 p.m.

I should have said what "free" things would you do with free time.

I don't have a job right now. Already blew the travel budget on the Xinjiang trip. Can't really do anything expensive and can't neglect my daily house-husband duties. My two productive activities are preparing for a Mandarin exam in July and trying to get fit but there's a limit to how much you can do both of these things every day before it stops being beneficial.

Just looking for other ways to spend time. Thinking about taking my culinary skills up a notch.

www.natooke.com

June 4, 2015, 8:22 p.m.

this country needs a giant enema.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

June 4, 2015, 8:40 p.m.

I haven't had a real job in 10yrs so everything is free time and IME its all about a search for meaning

tomorrow is my B-day so bike or paddle, some drinks … chase a woman

June 4, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

I've also been considering making a documentary about Tianjin. Walk around and see if any old folks would be willing to do interviews etc.. this project would at least get me out of the house more.

www.natooke.com

June 4, 2015, 8:53 p.m.

I'd surf the net, post crazy stuff on discussion forums, live tweet my life, watch cat videos on YouTube, post hundreds of pictures on Instagram and snapchat, read everything posted on Reddit, do random Google searches - because I can, stay on top of the latest celebrity gossip, get alerts about the latest going-ons of the Kardashians … the list goes on. So many wonderful fulfilling things to do. Time is precious, don't go a-wasting it!

June 4, 2015, 9:26 p.m.

the reality is you got no fucking idea what you would do if you didn't
have to do anything?

June 4, 2015, 9:28 p.m.

I'd surf the net, post crazy stuff on discussion forums, live tweet my life, watch cat videos on YouTube, post hundreds of pictures on Instagram and snapchat, read everything posted on Reddit, do random Google searches - because I can, stay on top of the latest celebrity gossip, get alerts about the latest going-ons of the Kardashians … the list goes on. So many wonderful fulfilling things to do. Time is precious, don't go a-wasting it!

If I can just revive NBR I'll consider myself successful in life. This place has been like Elvis in his last years.

www.natooke.com

June 4, 2015, 9:41 p.m.

It's a trick question, homies.

Lookit them folks in the dtes. They gots unlimited free time but they can't do shit 'cause they ain't. got. no. money.

Time is fine, but one needs the resources to enjoy it. Unless you gonna' go all Buddhist on us.

This why the rich are different from us.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 4, 2015, 9:56 p.m.

I Unless you gonna' go all Buddist on us.

That's funny because I actually am a practicing Buddhist, albeit not a very good one.

And there are tons of things one can do with very little money. Running and bike riding are basically free. So is writing.

www.natooke.com

June 5, 2015, 7:20 a.m.

I don't have a job right now. Already blew the travel budget on the Xinjiang trip. Can't really do anything expensive and can't neglect my daily house-husband duties. My two productive activities are preparing for a Mandarin exam in July and trying to get fit but there's a limit to how much you can do both of these things every day before it stops being beneficial.

Just looking for other ways to spend time. Thinking about taking my culinary skills up a notch.

I would start some businesses to generate cash flow.

Off the top of my head:
- Travel guide to xinjiang -[HTML_REMOVED] ebook series.
- Life in tianjin. Interview people.. get eyeballs, get traffic
- Study guide for the HSK (I assume that's what you're taking)

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

June 5, 2015, 7:43 a.m.

Off the top of my head:

Yeah I'm getting ready for HSK Level 5. I never planned to take it before because of the writing section and I just can't commit to the discipline required to write Chinese with a pen, but now you can type that shit so I'm gonna give it a shot. I need to know about 2500 characters but at the moment I've only got about 1500.

I've been researching import/export stuff and have a few contacts in various industries. Sometimes I think about registering a small company and getting an Alibaba account but I know so little about this world so it intimidates me.

I like the idea of travel guide for English speaking tourists though. If I wasn't planning to move back to Canada in about 3 months I might consider it.

www.natooke.com

June 5, 2015, 8:09 a.m.

Yeah I'm getting ready for HSK Level 5. I never planned to take it before because of the writing section and I just can't commit to the discipline required to write Chinese with a pen, but now you can type that shit so I'm gonna give it a shot. I need to know about 2500 characters but at the moment I've only got about 1500.

I've been researching import/export stuff and have a few contacts in various industries. Sometimes I think about registering a small company and getting an Alibaba account but I know so little about this world so it intimidates me.

I like the idea of travel guide for English speaking tourists though. If I wasn't planning to move back to Canada in about 3 months I might consider it.

Everyone sucks at things the first time they do them. Go try and fail. Learn from your failures then try again. Fail again. Repeat until you are successful.

You have 3 months.. generate a couple years worth of content and throw up a site.

There's no downside to trying.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

June 5, 2015, 8:54 a.m.

Im in Beijing next Friday and would buy you beers but sadly I don't think I'll have any free time for a detour

June 5, 2015, 9:11 a.m.

Off the top of my head:

- "Adventures of a Guai-Lo in a strange land" series … this guy did a pretty good job (Singapore):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Humphreys#Notes_From_an_Even_Smaller_Island

Here's another one

http://www.amazon.com/Diary-Expat-Singapore-Jennifer-Gargiulo/dp/9814408573

- Teach Chinese language/etiquette to Western Business Executives.