If the Large Hadron Collider Wasn't Enough...

Dec. 28, 2008, 7:48 p.m.

Then lets try and recreate the sun and how it works.

Scientists-plan-to-ignite-tiny-man-made-star.html

"It is science

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=20017
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Dec. 28, 2008, 8:21 p.m.

This is actually really exciting. I'd rather we look for new resources and ideas rather than taking the Amish solution and be stuck in the 19th century.

Dec. 28, 2008, 8:28 p.m.

wow. Its so James Bond-ish.

C4 Rider Training 2013

Contact me at: [email protected]

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com

Dec. 28, 2008, 8:36 p.m.

bad facking asss

that is the most reatrded thing ever even a retarded would say thats retarded

Dec. 28, 2008, 8:37 p.m.

We already have sources of limitless energy if we harnessed the power all the elements.

The solution doesn't exist in solar, wind, tidal or geo-thermal but in the combination of all of them. No need to go making stars.

www.natooke.com

Dec. 28, 2008, 9:53 p.m.

We already have sources of limitless energy if we harnessed the power all the elements.

The solution doesn't exist in solar, wind, tidal or geo-thermal but in the combination of all of them. No need to go making stars.

No! We demand a single, simple solution.

Me. Car/Web Work. Twitter. FFFFound.

Dec. 28, 2008, 10:01 p.m.

No! We demand a single, simple solution.

No no, a single, complicated, sexy solution … that will me us rich!

Dec. 28, 2008, 10:03 p.m.

If we used natural energies to power all human requirements the scale of the projects (tidal) would cause vast ecological and enviromental change to many coast lines. The same goes for solar, on the scale that would be required, the land required, the panels and there relatively short shelf life etc. Just not viable.

If they get Fusion to work it'll be the scientifc achivement of the century. Good luck to them ! I read a little while ago that the US has put more funding into clean coal technology than Fusion projects… Fools !

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Dec. 28, 2008, 10:21 p.m.

reactants=products

where do you get the energy to create that much pressure and temperature in the first place?

/end thread

oh hai!

Dec. 28, 2008, 10:56 p.m.

If we used natural energies to power all human requirements the scale of the projects (tidal) would cause vast ecological and enviromental change to many coast lines. The same goes for solar, on the scale that would be required, the land required, the panels and there relatively short shelf life etc. Just not viable.

!

so if someone could come up with a roofing material that harness solar power and cost no more than conventional roofing material you would be against it?

"just not viable" is what was said about taking a boat across the atlantic, about flight, about space travel, about all sorts of shit until it was viable

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Dec. 28, 2008, 10:58 p.m.

this space is intentionally blank, other than this note about it being blank.

Dec. 28, 2008, 11:07 p.m.

I think you guys are thinking too small.

If you have enough energy, you can create ANYTHING.

Given ample amounts of energy you can manipulate, and even create atoms/molecules/neutrons/quarks/whatever and configure their orientation accordingly.

Now whether fusion is even viable or possible is a different question but if you get it to work, and produce enough energy, you can literally turn shit into a big mac.

All you need is enough energy and all of humanity's external problems (such as pollution, global warming, famine, poverty, etc.) become obsolete overnight. Now whether we would properly make use of this humanity-changing gift is a different story…

Pedro

Pedro does bring up some good points, but being only one R off of Pedo …. discounts much of that

"ANYONE can have the American dream…but not EVERYONE can have the American dream"

"Looking for a fight, look a gypsy in the eye…"

Dec. 28, 2008, 11:07 p.m.

reactants=products

where do you get the energy to create that much pressure and temperature in the first place?

/end thread

That's the issue they have right now with fusion. It takes more energy to make
the reaction than the reaction puts out. The thinking is that if they can maintain
the reaction then it will sustain itself and put out more over time (relatively short
period of time in theory).

Until we can get superconductors to operate at room temperatures, and/or
we get solar panels to become way more efficient, putting solar panels on every
roof in the world and a windmill in every yard will not cut it and still maintain our
present comfort levels.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Dec. 28, 2008, 11:25 p.m.

I think you guys are thinking too small.

If you have enough energy, you can create ANYTHING.

Given ample amounts of energy you can manipulate, and even create atoms/molecules/neutrons/quarks/whatever and configure their orientation accordingly.

Now whether fusion is even viable or possible is a different question but if you get it to work, and produce enough energy, you can literally turn shit into a big mac.

All you need is enough energy and all of humanity's external problems (such as pollution, global warming, famine, poverty, etc.) become obsolete overnight. Now whether we would properly make use of this humanity-changing gift is a different story…

Pedro

Amen. Do it, and all the power to them. Obviously a nobel prize for this if it occurs. Most definitely one of the greatest discoveries of mankind.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

Dec. 29, 2008, 12:20 a.m.

…am still bit uncomfortable with the idea of science jerking around the universe, and what makes it all tick.

lol

you travelled forward in time through some kind of vortex from the dark ages didn't you

shop smart, shop s-mart, mhm