if i was prime minister...

Jan. 25, 2015, 8:45 p.m.

jesus smoke a joint, calm down, and think about shit. fucking harshing my mellow man.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Jan. 25, 2015, 9:12 p.m.

Tax reform. Make personal income tax dead simple. Flat rate with some scaling up like now where you pay more in accordance with your ability to do so. No deductions for anything. Boom we can terminate a huge number of public employees who administer taxes. That will free up a bunch of wages that can go other places, like education health care etc.

This. My mucking out the civil servants and simplifying the tax code, you could lower rates to the average of what everyone really ends up paying. The tax code would fit onto just a few pages, not hundreds of volumes.

Make the Senate elected. Keep first past the post for parliament, and put proportional representation in place in the senate, but with longer terms. 10 year terms for the senate, but have half of them turn over each election.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Jan. 25, 2015, 10:04 p.m.

While I understand how simplification of a tax code would make it easier for the average joe to do their taxes, I don't see how putting thousands of people out of work (public and private sector) is good for the economy. A lot of the reforms that people suggest will have a negative impact in the short-term. These negative impacts tend to stick in the memory of the voting public. Unpopular people don't get re-elected.

This is the vicious cycle of politics and public office, and why nothing ever changes up on Parliament Hill (or Victoria).

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

Jan. 25, 2015, 10:27 p.m.

Listen fucktard I been getting up at 5 for 40+ years and building this city blah blah blah blah I have trained tens of tradesmen personally not because I wanted to but because I believe that's how you contribute, handouts help no one.

Wow. That's some serious git off mah lawn conservatism there.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Jan. 25, 2015, 11:01 p.m.

Listen fucktard I been getting up at 5 for 40+ years and building this city a lot of you live in I pay taxes, coach baseball take care of my neighbors when they are sick or have a problem be it money or anything else. I do it because I believe it's the right thing to do, like raising your own children rather then whining the state would give me enough to send them away every day. I have paid my dues and am really tired of listening to the entitled assholes on this board whine about what the government owes them. instead of whining about what society owes you how about getting off your asses and contributing to the betterment of it..time not money is what you street, town and country need. Not more hand outs but truly hands up , I have trained tens of tradesmen personally not because I wanted to but because I believe that's how you contribute, handouts help no one.

i will say that i appreciate and applaud some of these efforts, but it would appear that you are horribly oversimplifying things or missing out on a lot of stuff.

here's a quick question; in terms of dealing with addiction, what do you feel is a good approach?

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 26, 2015, 2:21 a.m.

K…I'm the redneck around here,got it?

Only true thing stated in this thread. ;)

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 26, 2015, 3 a.m.

Every Thursday would be free wings and beer.

Free or heavily subsidized post secondary education for citizens. Uni or trades, so long as that education/skillset is then applied in Canada's workforce. If you take your education and flee the country, you're billed for your training.
Non-citizens wouldn't be allowed to purchase land.
Immigration would be reformed.

edit for also:
If your bike company wants to sell bikes in Canada, you've got to come to a consensus with other manufacturers on a standard that's a fucking standard for headsets, BBs, and axles.
Manufacturers offering proprietary "standards" get tasered in the balls.

The best things in life all start with the letter B
Hooray for: Bacon, Bikeys, Boobies, Boards, and Beer!

Jan. 26, 2015, 9:51 a.m.

Yeah I see you really care about this country, ran as soon as you finished sucking the free things out of it and were now going to have to contribute, Shits like you are why nobody takes a thing you say seriously, you talk alot but have no idea what it takes to walk the walk …..why don't you fuck off and suck up to you new country some more.

I left because I was injured so I wouldn't have to suck free things out of it. I've never taken a fucking handout in my life. I've never even collected EI, where are you getting this shit from?

You think someone who supports things like welfare and health care for all just wants free shit? That's pathetic. There isn't a single person like that on this entire forum. You're punching at a stereotype that nobody here fits.

You're like a conservative wind up doll with the crap you say. It would be cute if there weren't so many of you electing psychopaths.

www.natooke.com

Jan. 26, 2015, 10:28 a.m.

Listen fucktard I been getting up at 5 for 40+ years and building this city a lot of you live in I pay taxes, coach baseball take care of my neighbors when they are sick or have a problem be it money or anything else. I do it because I believe it's the right thing to do, like raising your own children rather then whining the state would give me enough to send them away every day. I have paid my dues and am really tired of listening to the entitled assholes on this board whine about what the government owes them. instead of whining about what society owes you how about getting off your asses and contributing to the betterment of it..time not money is what you street, town and country need. Not more hand outs but truly hands up , I have trained tens of tradesmen personally not because I wanted to but because I believe that's how you contribute, handouts help no one.

I can forgive your ignorance but you are just being an asshole if you think this board is full of lazy people looking for handouts. I know, it is the libertarian way to believe that they did it all themselves but the truth is you need the country to provide you with all kinds of things, roads and basic infrastructure being the most obvious. Where it really pisses you off is when someone gets OMG OMG OMG… assistance from the government from your hard earned dollars, but what you fucktards don't understand (sorry, I had to) is that we all pay for the homeless, and the drug addicted, or the mentally ill, or the just plain old lazy one way or another. You can't just wish the problems away. Even if you did get your way, it saves next to nothing. Meanwhile your libertarian views are being used by corporations to do away with oversight. That is where the real handouts are going.

Libertarianism isn't a political view, it's too simplistic (which, I hate to say describes most of it's most ardent fans). I value liberty too, but go all the way and it is called anarchy.

Jan. 26, 2015, 10:37 a.m.

First thing I would do as PM:

Electoral and senate reform. Go back to publicly funded elections and change the senate from the bullshit attempt at area representation to an elected panel of experts. We would all get to vote in a certain number of true experts in the fields of science, economics, education etc for an extended term (6 to 10 years). They could also form quorums to comment on upcoming legislation before it is voted on. The senate as it stands is crap, but I think it could serve a purpose and wouldn't it be nice to have members of parliament that knew something about what they are tasked to vote on?

Jan. 26, 2015, 9:09 p.m.

If I was the PM,

ide re-do vetrans affairs. The new system would be veterans get whatever they need for their physical and mental health, at whatever expense it happens to be.

I don't have any other strong views on how to actually best improve Canada, so i would go to my roots and look for value for the taxpayer in all branches of government, and try to provide Canadians with more, for less. Even if the systems are not perfect.

Yes, i know my complete lack of caring what veterans affairs costs is at odds with looking for value for taxpayers in all other areas.

Jan. 26, 2015, 9:26 p.m.

Wow. That's some serious git off mah lawn conservatism there.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/