ICBC

Nov. 17, 2017, 5:46 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Posted by: XXX_er

ok so Obviously the libs were pond scum but did they spend the money on something you never used ?

Yeah...bike lanes.

Well then stop whining and write your MLA. It's not like your tax $$$$ isn't being spent.

http://www.bccc.bc.ca/funding-2014/

Barriere – River Trail Network, Bartlett Road at Airfield Road to Yard Road at Highway 5

Capital Regional District – Rainbow Road (Salt Spring Island) separated bike path

Castlegar – 17th Street/Connors Road multi-use separated path

City of North Vancouver – 3rd Street multi-use path and bike lane

Coquitlam – Glen Drive bikeway bike lanes and shared roadway

Coquitlam – Cross town route removal of impediments

Spuraway/Mariner intersection upgrade

Hillcrest School – multi-use pathway

Daybreak – Armada to Saddle, signs and markings

Johnson – multi-use pathway

District of North Vancouver – Lynn Valley Road bike lanes

District of North Vancouver – Mount Seymour Parkway multi-use path

Kelowna – Ethel Street bike path, Harvey Avenue to Bernard Avenue

Langford – Millstream Road bike lanes

Maple Ridge – Hammond Trail bike path

Penticton – Power Street bike lanes

Penticton – Skaha Lake Road bike lanes, Channel Parkway to Yorkton Avenue

Sunshine Coast Regional District – Marine Drive shoulder bikeway, Gibsons to Langdale Ferry

Tofino – Pacific Rim Highway multi-use separated path

Vernon – 29th/30th Street separated bike path

Last edited by: tungsten on Nov. 17, 2017, 5:47 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Nov. 18, 2017, 6:32 a.m.

yeah bike lanes, thats where the money went.(rolls eyes)

Nov. 18, 2017, 5:49 p.m.

They sure do seem to spend a lot of money on people's kids to answer your question three sheets.

Nov. 19, 2017, 6:32 a.m.

and hows that

Nov. 19, 2017, 2:15 p.m.

Perhaps we should encourage them to find ways to cut down on accidents in general? the amount of sidewalk garden planters, daily newspaper boxes and even bus stop covers blocking the driver's line of sight is imo, over the top and completely unnecessary. At least those items being right on the freaking curb. Think south Granville in marpole; if anyone's left the petro can in that area, its a crap shoot between parked cars, speeding import drivers (and I don't mean the cars) and stupid stupid pedastrians. I won't start with cyclists since I live on Ontario st which is a bike route. On a no fault note, a fire fighting friend is mentioning how the province is looking at giving paramedics the legal right to deny ambulated rides based minor fender benders.

Nov. 19, 2017, 2:18 p.m.

I said this year's ago on here but let's limit the amount of horsepower a new driver can have. No 16 yr old needs a shiny new m4, lambo or heaven forbid a McLaren p1.

Nov. 19, 2017, 2:28 p.m.

This will sound hilarious but lets follow mother Russia and everyone has a dash cam (in Moscow that is).

Nov. 20, 2017, 9:12 a.m.

I have the basic ICBC insurance and extended coverage through Family Solutions. No cheaper but, more better. The expense that comes with owning a newer vehicle is worth the peace of mind to me.

Nov. 20, 2017, 11:06 a.m.

Posted by: aShogunNamedMarcus

I said this year's ago on here but let's limit the amount of horsepower a new driver can have. No 16 yr old needs a shiny new m4, lambo or heaven forbid a McLaren p1.

Racist!

/jk

Nov. 20, 2017, 4:11 p.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

and hows that

Kids apparently get gauranteed basic income. Some of the guys I work with have 5 of the things. Their kids are practically paying their mortgage!

Or does that come from the feds?

Nov. 20, 2017, 9:16 p.m.

Posted by: big-ted

Racist!

/jk

Wacist?

Nov. 27, 2017, 12:38 a.m.

Posted by: big-ted

Racist!

/jk

I stand accused!

All my ex gf's over the last decade, are in fact, asian (I am a Shogun afterall).

Nov. 27, 2017, 12:52 a.m.

So I found two envelopes from ICBC regarding an incident. This incident involved a truck swerving late into the left turn lane behind me and leaving absolutely no space @ Cambie 41st. Since I drive a standard, I rolled back for half a second and our bumpers tapped. I'll save the details other than no info was exchanged; but he still called ICBC to report it.

Turns out, had there been any damage, I'd be at fault since my car was the one moving. I asked about leaving safe space since he couldnt see my trunk lid let alone tires b/c I couldnt see him (the driver) in my rear view. Nope. I asked so 100% my fault even though almost every transmission on the road can roll back? ICBC person agreed with that transmission statement and yup, still my fault.

So if anyone has some front end damage, look for a standard vehicle and get nice and close and voila. I stated that I and everyone could do this since my cars front end has the odd paint chip from rocks and idiot parking lot drivers and it'd be in ICBC's best financial interest to remedy this. But it's provincial "law " not just ICBC adjudication apparently.

So I'll be dash cam shopping for le cyber monday. Besides, I could make a killing with youtube video's and the idiot drivers of the Lower Mainland. Who knows, you might even see yourself in one of them one day ;)

Nov. 27, 2017, 7:05 a.m.

That's messed up. I thought we were all supposed to leave a car's length between us and the car in front of us when stopping at an intersection?

Nov. 27, 2017, 4:27 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

That's messed up. I thought we were all supposed to leave a car's length between us and the car in front of us when stopping at an intersection?

I was taught in driving school the fact that you should leave enough room so you can see the vehicle ahead of you tires touching the pavement.

i still use that to date. seems to work well.