i pod question

Dec. 31, 2006, 10:46 a.m.

i have to agree with you glib itunes is not perfect in any way but it is pretty good. I just hate how it slows my computer down so much.

Dec. 31, 2006, 11:47 a.m.

what is with the registry? should i do that? it just popped up so i've been ignoring it.

I

Dec. 31, 2006, 12:12 p.m.

how do i stop this thing from syncing!!! i just re-set the ock sucker and plugged it in and it just goes nuts. the instrutctions that come with this thing are a joke too! a little down syndrome baby could understand them.

is there any sync-abort button?

I

Dec. 31, 2006, 12:16 p.m.

There's probably a little stop button beside the sync progress bar. See my original post for how to manually manage songs.

This space intentionally left blank.

Dec. 31, 2006, 11:16 p.m.

ahaah you're a good patient dude glib !

i used to think winamp was better than itunes but that was a looong time ago before i had even tried itunes, i just didnt like the layout. but then i got my shit together and got itunes, 3 months later i bought a mac because when i got my windows head around the dopeness i was like wow, this IS easier.

son of a stromatolite !

Dec. 31, 2006, 11:24 p.m.

Its in one of the tool bars up top. I had that problem with my ipod, and i fixe it. Check the bars up top :)

Jan. 1, 2007, 1:48 a.m.

The idea of the whole system is that you have a music library, and a portable device that lets you take that library with you. Personally, with the larger ipods I think it's impossible to manage a library without the auto-sync feature. How are you going to remember which songs you added, and which you didn't?

For those who don't know: itunes prefs -[HTML_REMOVED] Advanced -[HTML_REMOVED] keep folder organized, copy files to library

OK, I found that, and unchecked the option. If it disables the auto sync, then I'd have to say it is the most poorly worded option I've seen. WTF does "keep folder organized" have to do with what playlists are on my iPod? I've been doing this stuff for way too long to know that it could be much better, and judging by the number of people who complain after using it for the first time, it's pretty obvious that it should be different.

The paradigm of iTunes synchronization is not intuitive. If I have a playlists, I should be able to select what I want to sync AS WELL AS as to specify when to sync. If I want auto synchronization, that should be an option that I need to select, and it should be called something that makes sense, like "auto sync iPod on connection".

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Jan. 1, 2007, 12:24 p.m.

i thnk there should be my ipod, and i should be able to grab a song from kazaa or winamp or anythign i got going and drop it in the ipod and be done

I

Jan. 1, 2007, 1:17 p.m.

OK, I found that, and unchecked the option. If it disables the auto sync, then I'd have to say it is the most poorly worded option I've seen. WTF does "keep folder organized" have to do with what playlists are on my iPod? I've been doing this stuff for way too long to know that it could be much better, and judging by the number of people who complain after using it for the first time, it's pretty obvious that it should be different.

The paradigm of iTunes synchronization is not intuitive. If I have a playlists, I should be able to select what I want to sync AS WELL AS as to specify when to sync. If I want auto synchronization, that should be an option that I need to select, and it should be called something that makes sense, like "auto sync iPod on connection".

I was talking about organizing your library with that one, not the sync.

I'm tired of saying the same thing over and over. I'm going to start linking apple pages.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=61148

For everyone who has mangled their music, turn on the option to copy music to the library, and the keep organized option. Then choose advanced -[HTML_REMOVED] consolidate library.

I think the auto-sync works fine for most users, its just those who don't like it are vocal about it. I still don't understand why you would buy a 30 or 60 or 80GB ipod and not want all your music on it.

This really is easy… you people are making it way too complicated.

This space intentionally left blank.

Jan. 1, 2007, 1:55 p.m.

oh man. i think a lot of people make it more complicated than it has to be. myself included. i got all screwed by not being able to sync with both my computers… finally figured out i can sync with one then undo sync to manually add off the other one. which means you can get all your friends' music too. wooptydoo! :)

ride a horse! 1200 pounds of raw muscle, power, grace, and sweat between your legs…
but riding bikes is still fun!