I like cats and dogs

Oct. 31, 2012, 9:56 p.m.

our Daryl is part bengal. Got her from VOKRA, definitely not a grand.

http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=124181[HTML_REMOVED]highlight=cat

Oct. 31, 2012, 10:05 p.m.

poodles may be homo but theyre one of the smarter breeds

I've been told by a veterinarian, as well as a long time breeder that a standard poodle would be a fantastic mountain bike dog. They're fast, smart, can run forever, and hardly shed. They also don't have any of the yappy tendencies of the small poodle breeds.

What surprised me is apparently they are used for search and rescue in some places because of their stamina and intelligence.

Only downside is you pretty much have to have their hair trimmed every month as it never stops growing.

Nov. 4, 2012, 3:47 p.m.

Nov. 18, 2012, 12:50 p.m.

Nov. 18, 2012, 2:37 p.m.

We lost our cat of 15 years a few weeks ago, so the search for a replacment has begun.
Im at a loss as to why people are asking around $100 for mixed kittens that have had no shots or seen a vet.
Get a female and let he run lose around the hood to make some xtra cash when the kittys come?
There are very few that are free or next to free.
I'd be giving my kittens away just to make sure they find a home!
Yes we are looking in shelters too.

Chainsmoker 8)

Nov. 18, 2012, 7:14 p.m.

We lost our cat of 15 years a few weeks ago, so the search for a replacment has begun.
Im at a loss as to why people are asking around $100 for mixed kittens that have had no shots or seen a vet.
Get a female and let he run lose around the hood to make some xtra cash when the kittys come?
There are very few that are free or next to free.
I'd be giving my kittens away just to make sure they find a home!
Yes we are looking in shelters too.

My parents have a farm that seems to produce free cats. I can inquire if there are any running around the barn, if you like.

Fraser Valley Mountain Bikers Assoc.

Nov. 18, 2012, 7:20 p.m.

My parents have a farm that seems to produce free cats. I can inquire if there are any running around the barn, if you like.

Thanks, I'll consider that offer.

Chainsmoker 8)

Nov. 19, 2012, 8:22 a.m.

I've been told by a veterinarian, as well as a long time breeder that a standard poodle would be a fantastic mountain bike dog. They're fast, smart, can run forever, and hardly shed. They also don't have any of the yappy tendencies of the small poodle breeds.

What surprised me is apparently they are used for search and rescue in some places because of their stamina and intelligence.

Only downside is you pretty much have to have their hair trimmed every month as it never stops growing.

My parents have a labradoodle (mom is allergic) and he is a great mtb / hiking / swimming / pretty much anything outdoors dog.

As for trimming his hair - it's pretty easy to do yourself. My brother usually took care of it when we were still at home (he owned a horse, so he has the slippers for it) but a few times I had to do it and it isn't too hard. Definitely a better option than paying someone to do it.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 19, 2012, 8:22 a.m.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

Nov. 22, 2012, 8:36 p.m.

SPCA is offering 50% off all cat and kitten adoption from Nov 26 to Dec 9

Chainsmoker 8)