i fucking LOVE living in BC

Oct. 16, 2013, 6:47 a.m.

Kenora is actually quite a beautiful little town on the shores of Lake of the Woods. My club just finished cutting a 35km trail just north of there.

Hmmm…looks similar to here,

http://reviews.mtbr.com/the-angry-singlespeeder-riding-way-up-north-in-duluth-eh

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Oct. 16, 2013, 6:49 a.m.

Hmmm…looks similar to here,

http://reviews.mtbr.com/the-angry-singlespeeder-riding-way-up-north-in-duluth-eh

Same type of terrain. 80% of the trail is rock. Great traction while climbing but death to noobies while wet!!

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Oct. 16, 2013, 6:53 a.m.

Same type of terrain. 80% of the trail is rock. Great traction while climbing but death to noobies while wet!!

Ah..so it's wet Limestone.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 16, 2013, 7:21 a.m.

Ah..so it's wet Limestone.

Nope. Granite.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Oct. 16, 2013, 7:47 a.m.

Nope. Granite.

Can't be worse then wet Limestone.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 16, 2013, 12:23 p.m.

Can't be worse then wet Limestone.

Limestone has a gritty quality to it. Have ridden both and granite definitely feels slippier, akin to riding on wet countertop. Come on down next time you're in the area.

Oct. 16, 2013, 1:28 p.m.

Nope. Granite.

Canadian Shield, baby!

Oct. 16, 2013, 1:52 p.m.

Limestone has a gritty quality to it. Have ridden both and granite definitely feels slippier, akin to riding on wet countertop. Come on down next time you're in the area.

Yet to get that way. Now….if my wife got the coaching job at UofM or Lakehead. That would be on the list.

Funny thing…earlier this year Nipissing Uni in North Bay was recruiting a full time VBall coach. When we discussed it my better half stated clearly if she had the choice she would rather be in Thud Bay.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Oct. 16, 2013, 10:25 p.m.

well, I was at Big White today.

It was 2º and the wind was blowing, it was cold.

And there is snow on the ground.

looks like another good winter ahead.

…so you mean soon we will be able to ski whenever we want? and not have to shovel it all winter long?
And we can still go biking without studded bicycle tires or fat bikes?

(I love living in BC too.)

Oct. 17, 2013, 12:44 a.m.

Kenora is actually quite a beautiful little town on the shores of Lake of the Woods. My club just finished cutting a 35km trail just north of there.

Gord's bike club perchance?
They really should change the name…

Oct. 17, 2013, 6:12 a.m.

Gord's bike club perchance?
They really should change the name…

Perhaps… the shop itself lasted for 52 years and the name carries significance for many in the club that have been apart of gords for generations.

Oct. 17, 2013, 11:14 a.m.

Perhaps… the shop itself lasted for 52 years and the name carries significance for many in the club that have been apart of gords for generations.

So you could say the club's name is "Gord-given"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

Oct. 17, 2013, 6:02 p.m.

…so you mean soon we will be able to ski whenever we want? and not have to shovel it all winter long?
And we can still go biking without studded bicycle tires or fat bikes?

(I love living in BC too.)

Have you ever ventured out of Vancouver or does Alberta just start at the far edge of the Fraser Valley for you?

95% of the province is covered in snow all winter and yup, we've got to shovel it. :dizzy:

Oct. 19, 2013, 2:09 a.m.

Yep I've wanted to go back to BC ever since I spent my summer 2011 in Whistler. Just had the best time with some really fun people and love the active outdoors lifestyle, it's just not the same back home. I lost 6" off my waist and 2 stone in the summer I was there despite the amount of booze I was drinking/cheap crap I was eating! Would love to go back but unfortunately (or fortunately depending how you look at it) I've got myself into a pretty tidy career-oriented job now which would be stupid to give up… hmm anyone over there know of anyone looking for an experienced Avid video editor from England? :)

Dec. 8, 2013, 7:11 p.m.

Just wanted to update this thread.

Spent this fine December morning building on the Shore, going for a crispy early AM ride and finally this right inside our property inside Hunter Park for the rest of the day.

Its been 10 years since we last were able to skate this pond.