i fucking LOVE living in BC

Oct. 14, 2013, 2:06 p.m.

I feel very fortunate to be able to not only enjoy the outdoors here, but also able to have a career I wanted, and not a compromise. Moved out west to cowtown in 2000, then a little further to the Kootenays in 2008…pretty happy to raise my family out here

Oct. 14, 2013, 2:24 p.m.

big time

A big chocolate log of reality LOL!

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 14, 2013, 2:35 p.m.

A big chocolate log of reality LOL!

Guess your reality is shittier than the rest of ours.

Its what you make it.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

Oct. 14, 2013, 3:20 p.m.

The hiking trails on Cypress were dead today. On the other hand, Bean Around The World on Main St, Vancouver was full of people looking at their laptops and checking their hair. #Livingthedream….

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 14, 2013, 3:37 p.m.

Four years ago my wife and me made the decision to not move to BC from Germany, for various reasons. I miss BC. Be it Vancouver with its stunning background of the Shore, the Sea to Sky or VanIsle….every time I watch a bike flick with my now nearly 3 year-old son…I regret not having made the move.

best decision my parents ever made was to move from germany to canada.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Oct. 14, 2013, 7:56 p.m.

JCL. Where else have you lived? Maybe some time away would help your perspective…

Play : Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Oct. 14, 2013, 8:16 p.m.

JCL states the truth, no need to accuse him of having a bad 'tude.

We are fortunate that the vast majority prefer to spend time in malls and bars instead of sliding their rear tires down the trails that the 0.0001% of us maintain.

Oct. 14, 2013, 8:22 p.m.

Spent the afternoon salmon fishing in the sun off of Ambleside. Vancouver is rough.

Oct. 14, 2013, 11:12 p.m.

For me I'd say the greater Van. area is the best place to live as far as variety of activities. From Whistler/Pemby to Hope. So many different things to do throughout the year. I must say though that when I do go into the actual city of Vancouver, I can't wait to get out. It stinks down there.

Thread killer

Oct. 15, 2013, 12:18 a.m.

Only detraction of living in Vanvouver is lack of nearby lakes to swim in or fish at.

Need a bridge from Deep Cove to Balcarra.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 15, 2013, 7:21 a.m.

Only detraction of living in Vanvouver is lack of nearby lakes to swim in or fish at.

Need a bridge from Deep Cove to Balcarra.

Yes but then people would use it. Enough of you meatballs take the ferry over to the Island and that costs $200 round trip for a family. I can only imagine how you mainlanders would desecrate this place if there was a bridge.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Oct. 15, 2013, 7:38 a.m.

yesterday i rode way up into the mountains, climbed my guts out for nearly 2 hrs. rode down wicked and gorgeous trails, ran into some passionate trail builders who were expanding the already amazing network. what a day.

tonight i caught a coho salmon, OFF THE BEACH. gorgeous stunning fish that fought for it's life with the intensity of the pacific ocean. ate half of it while drinking killer BC made craft beer for dinner.

for those of you who don't live in BC, i genuinely feel bad. that commercial i saw a year or so back? BC, you gotta be here? they got it wrong. it should go something like this.

BC? seriously are you fucking kidding? this place fucking rocks.

(been here about 10 yrs, only gets better. when you grow up in the industrial dead zone of southern Ontario, you really REALLY appreciate it)

That sounds pretty damned awesome!

I like to think I live in a pretty sweet spot - trails in the mountains right out my back gate and a cushy govt job that pays big buck$. But this bvllshit with the budget and the shutdown have me thinking that you have the better deal. I wish there was a sweet job for me up there, but I lived in Seattle for 3 years and I just couldn't take the rainy grey dark sky all the time. Is BC like that too?

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

Oct. 15, 2013, 8:34 a.m.

Really wishing I took that job offer out there 4 years ago!! Now I'm stuck in pegcity for the next 10 years…. fuck!

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Oct. 15, 2013, 9:24 a.m.

Yes but then people would use it. Enough of you meatballs take the ferry over to the Island and that costs $200 round trip for a family. I can only imagine how you mainlanders would desecrate this place if there was a bridge.

We'd be better than the PoCo or Surrey crowd that inhabits Buntzen during the summer.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 15, 2013, 9:25 a.m.

Really wishing I took that job offer out there 4 years ago!! Now I'm stuck in pegcity for the next 10 years…. fuck!

I did take a job offer, that's not been so great but everything else has!

Shredding hypothetical gnarr