i fucking LOVE living in BC

Oct. 13, 2013, 8:17 p.m.

yesterday i rode way up into the mountains, climbed my guts out for nearly 2 hrs. rode down wicked and gorgeous trails, ran into some passionate trail builders who were expanding the already amazing network. what a day.

tonight i caught a coho salmon, OFF THE BEACH. gorgeous stunning fish that fought for it's life with the intensity of the pacific ocean. ate half of it while drinking killer BC made craft beer for dinner.

for those of you who don't live in BC, i genuinely feel bad. that commercial i saw a year or so back? BC, you gotta be here? they got it wrong. it should go something like this.

BC? seriously are you fucking kidding? this place fucking rocks.

(been here about 10 yrs, only gets better. when you grow up in the industrial dead zone of southern Ontario, you really REALLY appreciate it)

Oct. 13, 2013, 8:37 p.m.

You got that right. I moved here from London Ontario in94 for a girl and whitewater kayaking .
I stayed for a different girl now wife and mountain biking. I now live 2 min ride from Seymour and Fromme trailhead.
Bc is the best.
I've ridden 700 miles of trails this year , trying to beat 1000

Oct. 14, 2013, 4:14 a.m.

Theres definitely a reason I'm saving my funds right now to book another flight, 2 weeks in BC gave me the bug, a year later and it was 8 months. Missed it ever since I left and came back to Aus last April. Now if it wasn't for my best mate deciding to get married next September I would of been moving back to you guys April 2014.

Sometimes a place just feels right.

Oct. 14, 2013, 8:28 a.m.

You know, I hear people frequently enough say that I am lucky to live here. Could on a tourist on a ski lift, visitor on a trail, or even a person on a road ride that lives say that. I usually tell them it is not luck, it's choice. Moved to Vancouver from Winnipeg in 1981 and did a stint on Toronto from 87 to 90. This is the place. Currently watching the sun come up behind Wedge and Blackcomb which I can see from my living room.

Debate? Bikes are made for riding not pushing.

Oct. 14, 2013, 8:56 a.m.

Was thinking the same thing this morning.

We had a killer thanks giving dinner and today we are going to spend the day
on the shore building in this great weather.

This place is like no other.

Great thread :)

Oct. 14, 2013, 9:05 a.m.

Had to drive over town yesterday. Ended up in a sea of slow moving, asian driven BMW's heading to consume shit on Robson. The real BC dream.

"I do like how you generally bring an open-minded and positive vibe to the threads you participate in"

- Morgman

Oct. 14, 2013, 9:20 a.m.

i love fucking and living in bc . . .

i do

Oct. 14, 2013, 10:10 a.m.

it's weird that for so many Vancouver is just another city. maybe a nice city, but just a city to work and live in, but all that surrounds it has no meaning or value to them. and this is common in many countries and cities.

Oct. 14, 2013, 10:15 a.m.

born in BC always lived here [HTML_REMOVED] never took it for granted, there are lots of good places in the province

Oct. 14, 2013, 10:25 a.m.

Figures JCL has to shit in an otherwise great thread…although the farther I get from Van, the better BC gets.

Pastor of Muppets

Oct. 14, 2013, 10:36 a.m.

it's weird that for so many Vancouver is just another city. maybe a nice city, but just a city to work and live in, but all that surrounds it has no meaning or value to them. and this is common in many countries and cities.

I sometimes wish there was a way of forcing people to live in an area (and its surroundings) that is suited to their way of life. Most people in Vancouver may as well live in Birmingham, England, and they moan that the ferries make the water a bit choppy…

treezz
wow you are a ass

Oct. 14, 2013, 10:58 a.m.

Figures JCL has to shit in an otherwise great thread……

big time

Oct. 14, 2013, 11:36 a.m.

Coming up to 5 years since I moved here from Toronto and that was for a complete change of pace. Best decision of my life (ok…maybe my wife tops it) and there's not a day that I take it for granted. My hardest decisions these days are whether to bike or climb in the summer/fall and whether to ski or bike in the winter/spring. This place f'n rocks!!!
It doesn't matter if I'm cruising up/down Fromme, cranking my way up granite goodness on the Chief or shredding the deep gnar gnar in the winter…I'M ALWAYS STOKED!!

Now it's time to head back from a weekend of interior riding and looking forward to 3hrs of the amazing scenery + 1hr of traffic hell. :-)

Oct. 14, 2013, 12:42 p.m.

Four years ago my wife and me made the decision to not move to BC from Germany, for various reasons. I miss BC. Be it Vancouver with its stunning background of the Shore, the Sea to Sky or VanIsle….every time I watch a bike flick with my now nearly 3 year-old son…I regret not having made the move.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Oct. 14, 2013, 1:30 p.m.

I miss BC. Not Vancouver at all. It's the places other then Whistler and Van. If the coaching opportunity at Queen's and Gabi being born within 4 weeks of each other. We might have been able to leave Ontario. But wanted Joely to have her oppurtunity.

We will move back one day. But it won't be in Van .

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/