I can do dorps to falt.

May 13, 2022, 11:03 a.m.

Posted by: Putty

Yes. My partners run it. It’s huge now. 

Not just mushrooms anymore. Full line of produce.

nice - good for you mang

May 13, 2022, 11:54 a.m.

Where on the island did you end up?

May 13, 2022, 12:50 p.m.

Living on the island now. Got an e-bike. Don’t hate me. :)

Earlier this year I was on the side of the trail catching my breath when a couple guys on e-bikes stopped to make sure I was OK.  I wasn't sure if I should be insulted or just concede.  I saw them about 2 weeks later at the top of the same trail and the long list of trails that they were able to hit after work was ridiculous.  Easily 3 times what I was capable of.  The dark side is hard to resist.

May 13, 2022, 1:36 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Living on the island now. Got an e-bike. Don’t hate me. :)

Earlier this year I was on the side of the trail catching my breath when a couple guys on e-bikes stopped to make sure I was OK.  I wasn't sure if I should be insulted or just concede.  I saw them about 2 weeks later at the top of the same trail and the long list of trails that they were able to hit after work was ridiculous.  Easily 3 times what I was capable of.  The dark side is hard to resist.

https://endurancebikeandrun.com/blog/2020/2/6/why-is-aerobic-threshold-important

May 13, 2022, 1:40 p.m.

In zone 2 they probably lost weight as well, I do

May 13, 2022, 1:59 p.m.

Really? I'm always astounded at how seemingly every E-MTBer I see has a prodigious belly. Then again maybe they are smuggling bags of steaming delicious hot cross buns under their jerseys so they don't have to share with me those fucking bastards.

Last edited by: Hepcat on May 13, 2022, 2:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 13, 2022, 2:55 p.m.

My link was intended as instructions for chup to be able to up his climbing game.

May 13, 2022, 3:04 p.m.

I lose more weight on an E-bike than I ever did riding an acoustic bike or ski touring, I have a BMI of 24 so not fat to begin with,I can ride it straight up any hill without stopping, I will have a pulse of 110 at the top which is zone 2 right in the Fat burning zone, in the am do a fasting weight check and I have lost weight

I was suprrised

May 13, 2022, 3:23 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

I lose more weight on an E-bike than I ever did riding an acoustic bike or ski touring, I have a BMI of 24 so not fat to begin with,I can ride it straight up any hill without stopping, I will have a pulse of 110 at the top which is zone 2 right in the Fat burning zone, in the am do a fasting weight check and I have lost weight

I was suprrised

"Acoustic bike" haha love it

May 14, 2022, 9:19 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

I was suprrised

"Acoustic bike" haha love it

The acoustic part took a while. 😂

I have a colleague at work who uses his ebike for commuting 5 days a week most of the time. 60km round trip with roughly 800m of climbing, and he keeps his hr up between 100 and 130. Most people on ebikes I see are the opposite of him, I have to agree. 

It all comes down to what the rider makes of it. Oh, and chup....happy pain.

May 14, 2022, 10:21 a.m.

you just ride 2 or 3 times as far at a lower heart rate the club VP has one, the builder has one the cool kids are buying them so we have social license at the local area

builder claims its better for the aging heart to be in zone 2 than completely maxed out having to stop on the side of the trail and I agree

E- bikes are starting to show up at the bluff and will be more popular as boomers get older & they have disposable income so don't mind spending 5 figures on an e-bike

railing berms going up hill as well as downhill is really fun

May 14, 2022, 10:58 a.m.

It doesn’t pick lines for you, but it sure makes a lot of things more fun.

May 16, 2022, 8:59 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

My link was intended as instructions for chup to be able to up his climbing game.

Thanks Syncro. My climbing game has always sucked. I didn't know a lot of this but I have seen it in action. When I use my elliptical trainer more regularly my climbing ability really increases even though I don't push myself on it very hard on it and stay below my AeT for 45 minutes. Ironically this is a good argument for an e-bike, but the catch is that you would still need to ride your "acoustic bike?" as well (I'll probably just keep calling them bikes), and I don't have the cash to maintain 2 high end bikes, especially with the wear you put on e-bike drivetrains. I always know I am about to be overtaken by e-bikers from their casual conversations, so they must be below their AeT.

I turn 50 this year so I decided to hit the trail more often and I am climbing better than I have in probably 10 to 15 years.  Still not great though.

Last edited by: chupacabra on May 16, 2022, 9 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
May 16, 2022, 9:02 a.m.

you just ride 2 or 3 times as far at a lower heart rate the club VP has one, the builder has one the cool kids are buying them so we have social license at the local area

builder claims its better for the aging heart to be in zone 2 than completely maxed out having to stop on the side of the trail and I agree

E- bikes are starting to show up at the bluff and will be more popular as boomers get older & they have disposable income so don't mind spending 5 figures on an e-bike

railing berms going up hill as well as downhill is really fun

I will put this tidbit into my "reasons Chup needs an e-bike" file for future discussions with the wife.  ;)

May 16, 2022, 10:06 a.m.

I don't have any heart issues i am aware of but zone 2 @ 110 BPM feels much > being completely maxed into the puking zone post ride,

recovering from ACL surgery put me over the edge making it really hard to get up the bluff, I seem to have noticeably lost strength in spite of doing a lot of PT the knee was actualy stronger when the ACL was completely seperated but it hurt, so at least it doesnt hurt now and as I have found out one can always buy a climbing game

It used to take 2hrs for me to get to the lookouts on the bluff now takes about 45min so I do 2 or 3

Last edited by: XXX_er on May 16, 2022, 10:13 a.m., edited 3 times in total.