Hydro Online Consumption Data

Oct. 2, 2013, 4:25 p.m.

5500W 24x7 for a month and $286.44 sounds like somebody is calculating a small grow-op.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."
- The Daily Telegraph (1877)

Oct. 2, 2013, 7:23 p.m.

the upstairs of my shop is unheated and uninsulated and i have over 12,000lbs of equipment and machines sitting in my shop when it gets cold out the machines are always cold too the touch . they are liking having a door wide open the room never gets too the temp set .

when the bill arrived it was at the time when they where busting and fining people with high meter readings in Mission , i called hydro and said come and take a look as too why the meter is drawing that kwh they said no worries we know it,s all legal LOL .

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 3, 2013, 2:34 p.m.

assuming you have a smart meter, they know this because your stuff was on 24x7 rather than going on and off in 12-hour cycles like a weed grow's flowering period. also because it's only in winter…

with people in chilliwack, abbotsford, mission and thereabouts who have huge houses, heated swimming pools and hot tubs, etc, it wouldn't put you in the top 1% to have a $200-400 bill from late november to march.

"Bicycling is a healthy and manly pursuit with much to recommend it, and, unlike other foolish crazes, it has not died out."

Oct. 3, 2013, 7:11 p.m.

this was prior to the smart meter

#northsidetrailbuilders

Oct. 3, 2013, 7:36 p.m.

Interesting:

I can see when my heated floors switch on and off and when the boy wonder sits down for a marathon gaming session on the 800 W gaming rig.

Not sure what the 2pm spike was for.

Please let me demonstrate the ride around; really it's no trouble.

Oct. 3, 2013, 8:03 p.m.

the upstairs of my shop is unheated and uninsulated and i have over 12,000lbs of equipment and machines sitting in my shop when it gets cold out the machines are always cold too the touch . they are liking having a door wide open the room never gets too the temp set .

when the bill arrived it was at the time when they where busting and fining people with high meter readings in Mission , i called hydro and said come and take a look as too why the meter is drawing that kwh they said no worries we know it,s all legal LOL .

$400 for 2 months isn't a high enough hydro bill to arouse suspicion.

Oct. 4, 2013, 8:49 a.m.

Interesting:

I can see when my heated floors switch on and off and when the boy wonder sits down for a marathon gaming session on the 800 W gaming rig.

Not sure what the 2pm spike was for.

Wife's hitachi magic wand session?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oct. 4, 2013, 10:27 a.m.

why don't you just get on the equal payment plan and quit whining?

both my power [HTML_REMOVED] gas are paid automagicaly, once a year I usually get a credit which goes against the next bill and I never ever think about paying utility bills

Oct. 4, 2013, 11:37 a.m.

why don't you just get on the equal payment plan and quit whining?

both my power [HTML_REMOVED] gas are paid automagicaly, once a year I usually get a credit which goes against the next bill and I never ever think about paying utility bills

That's an estimate, which is what the OP said they did to him and it was whacky, so why sign up for it?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Oct. 4, 2013, 1:53 p.m.

5500W 24x7 for a month and $286.44 sounds like somebody is calculating a small grow-op.

that'd actually be a pretty big grow op, like a big basement full of plants. I'm guessing growers set the timers differently in different rooms to offset the telltale 12on/12off signs.

WTB Frequency i23 rim, 650b NEW - $40

Oct. 4, 2013, 5:12 p.m.

five 1000W HPS lamps plus 1000W to 2000W more 24x7 load for a vegetative cycle would be a small grow-op by BC standards…

Oct. 4, 2013, 9:13 p.m.

That's an estimate, which is what the OP said they did to him and it was whacky, so why sign up for it?

well they know what you have been using for the last few years so they estimate based on usage and adjust once a year, they are not going to take mo money from you on a monthly plan

So why go equal payment ????

because you can afford the small bill in summmer, you probably can't afford the big bill in winter BUT you can budget for a reasonable monthly bill so a monthly gas bill might be SFA in summer and 700$ in winter … you got the money right?

Oct. 5, 2013, 8:19 a.m.

Equal payment = giving cash to BCH in advance for them to earn interest on.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Oct. 5, 2013, 8:27 a.m.

Well of course I know that but how much does the interest really add up to and are you gona get rich?

It sounds to me like the people worrying about that kind of $ are the same people who can't afford the huge utility bills in the winter

Oct. 5, 2013, 9:41 a.m.

Equal payment = giving cash to BCH in advance for them to earn interest on.

Kn.

I prefer to pay manually on time (gas, hydro, property taxes) etc because it gives me a sense of "leverage" - that I can withold payment in event of an issue. I know we are usually talking small potatoes, but I guess it gives me some emotional satisfaction (even though I guess they will just ding me late fees in event of a dispute, unless I win).