HST results out today - update: HST DEFEATED!

Aug. 26, 2011, 4:34 p.m.

Supply side economics is a failure. It's too bad some people think that it works.

You are correct.

However, if you think that HST and supply-side economics are in any way related, then you couldn't be more wrong.

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Aug. 26, 2011, 4:46 p.m.

Supply side economics is a failure. It's too bad some people think that it works.

Supply-side economics is a school of macroeconomic thought that argues that economic growth can be most effectively created by lowering barriers for people to produce (supply) goods and services, such as lowering income tax and capital gains tax rates, and by allowing greater flexibility by reducing regulation. According to supply-side economics, consumers will then benefit from a greater supply of goods and services at lower prices. Typical policy recommendations of supply-side economics are lower marginal tax rates and less regulation.[1]

You get participation points anyways.

Aug. 26, 2011, 4:48 p.m.

switch: “That will lead to more instability in their [BC's] economy because now Ontario has is a much more attractive place for employers to invest,”

link:

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1045489--b-c-nixing-hst-good-for-ontario

lol at "supply side is a failure". it's an important part of the pie, you can't have business taxes at 50% and expect anybody to set up shop here.

Yeah, all the lumber in BC is going to be logged from Ontario, all the mines will be dug from Ontario, and all the oil/gas will be drilled from Ontario. Tourists who want to see the Rockies and fish for salmon will do so from Sudbury…

I wonder how long will we have to wait to see what the secretive "plan B" is going to be.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 26, 2011, 5:05 p.m.

You get participation points anyways.

Liberals said HST was bad for BC. Then Ottawa dangled a $1.6 billion carrot in front of their face and they took it for the short term gain that would erase their fiscal mistakes. What changed?

Meanwhile they keep trying to drive the supply side by lowering taxes for business, and that doesn't work. It's been proven not to work - just look south of the border, or in our own province.

We have resources and services industry. The HST is bad for the service industry, and the resource industry isn't affected enough to matter.

The HST is a tax shift. The liberals spent 100 times more money on promoting the yes vote than the no side of the equation, and it still lost. Perhaps the majority of those voting don't get it, or perhaps they actually do get it.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Aug. 26, 2011, 6:30 p.m.

Democracy failed big time on this one.

way to prove that you're a complete jack ass.

you were ok with the last federal election results so make up your mind troll.

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:14 p.m.

I voted to keep the HST but its not going to make much difference to me if it gets dumped, i think some new things were taxed which sucked but it could have been tweaked, people need to pay taxes for all the things we have … I think a lot of people just don't get it

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:23 p.m.

As a beancounter I am outraged. Way to go idiots.

FAMILYBIKERIDE
823/Ringle rear wheel FS!
http://bb.nsmb.com/showthread.php?t=103825

i went black over two years ago and haven't gone back

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:27 p.m.

Guess they wont be issuing any rebates on previously PST exempt items?

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:45 p.m.

Lol HST you'll see in 6 months.

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:46 p.m.

As an idiot i am outraged that you earn a living counting beans.

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:53 p.m.

This idiot wants an all mtn bike, and this lack of hst should make it easier to pull off (assuming we go back to one tax on bikes).

transition bikes

Aug. 26, 2011, 8:55 p.m.

This idiot wants an all mtn bike, and this lack of hst should make it easier to pull off (assuming we go back to one tax on bikes).

Wait 18 months for the good GST/PST system to go back

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Aug. 26, 2011, 9:13 p.m.

your display pic is quite appropriate for this post

GPABoosters: SFU/UBC course review database
:ukraine:

Youtube clips are about as useful to me as a miniskirt in Iran.

Aug. 26, 2011, 9:27 p.m.

You all assume that they will go back to the old system. I say they implement a new system that screws us even worse and when we complain they say "hey you told us this is what you wanted".

Reminds me of the time I went to a bordello and they gave me a 300lb fat middle aged lady without asking me if that's what I wanted. When I complained about it they said "sorry about the confusion we'll get you what you wanted". Well that's when the East German body builder hermaphrodite walked in. Well next thing I knew I had my hands tied to my ankles and I was begging this hairy body builder to give me back the 300lb fat middle aged lady.

There you go kids. You should have asked me to describe HST vs. PST before you voted.

Aug. 26, 2011, 9:33 p.m.

Wait 18 months for the good GST/PST system to go back

Right. The bike shops won't mind people putting off bike purchases until the PST is back. What's 18 months worth of sales anyway?

I know someone in the reno business who's freaking out over the drop in business expected until this is settled.

I don't know if this will push BC back into recession, but a lot of people are going to be hurting.

Morons! :cry: