HP Computer hard drive compatability?

April 14, 2006, 6:46 p.m.

Is it easy enough to swap a hard drive into an HP? It's not a huge hassle like a Dell?

Also, how many harddrives can I have in one tower? Is there a way to get the computer to treat them all as one drive (or do they each have their own directory?)?

Also, does it matter what hard drive I get? Are they like RAM or do they all have the same connectors?

I've been collecting music like nuts lately (7,500 songs and counting) and am running out of space quick.

Thanks in advance…

April 14, 2006, 6:50 p.m.

get an external hard drive.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/subclass.asp?logon=[HTML_REMOVED]langid=EN[HTML_REMOVED]catid=23795

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

April 14, 2006, 7:03 p.m.

Is it easy enough to swap a hard drive into an HP? It's not a huge hassle like a Dell?

Also, how many harddrives can I have in one tower? Is there a way to get the computer to treat them all as one drive (or do they each have their own directory?)?

Also, does it matter what hard drive I get? Are they like RAM or do they all have the same connectors?

I've been collecting music like nuts lately (7,500 songs and counting) and am running out of space quick.

Thanks in advance…

Swapping a HD into a HP should be no problem, I've done it.

You have have as many as your computer supports. Most computers support 4 IDE drives (which can be any 4 mixes of cd drives, dvd drives and harddrives). So techinically if you had no CD rom, yes, you could have 4 hard drives in 1 computer.

I am not sure about treating them as 1 harddrive… speaking from a performance point of view, probably not such a good idea either… Don't know if it's possible, but again, have never tried…

Shouldn't matter what kind of HD you get…

Hope that helps.