How will you die?

Dec. 8, 2015, 7:44 a.m.

terrorism?

Dec. 8, 2015, 7:50 a.m.

On my bike.

Dec. 8, 2015, 8:27 a.m.

I figure I've had at least 3 close calls so far, so I hope that whatever happens will be pretty peaceful when the time comes.

when I was 15 something triggered a schizophrenic episode in one of my friends, who chased me around his house with a 12" kitchen knife screaming "i'm going to kill you, you're gonna die" until I locked myself in a bedroom and dragged a bunch of furniture across the dor. He was breaking a hole in the drywall with a shovel (Shining style) to get at me when luckily his sister came home and snapped him out of it undoubtedly saving my life.

when I was 19 I moved to Nelson with my GF and we were renting a "heritage" house which means the place should have been condemned. Anyways I fell asleep on the couch after work and somehow the pilot light for the furnace went off and filled the house with natural gas. My GF came home from work and could smell gas from the end of the driveway and luckily found me asleep (and kinda fucked up, mind you) before anything sparked and went ka-boom.

then when I was 25 I fell asleep at the wheel and drove my truck off a 50ft embankment doing 100km/hr. Woke up just as it was going over and counted that it rolled 5 times sideways and twice end over end before it stopped. I also hit a traffic sign as I was going over which went through the floor and missed turning me into a human shiskabob by less than 11 inches. Creepy thing was that when it stopped rolling it landed on a shrine for someone else who died on that corner so when I kicked a window out and crawled out there were smashed crosses and plastic flowers everywhere..I thought I had already died.

less notable instances were being charged and chased by a sick (injured?) black bear, nearly falling off a roof without fall arrest before catching myself part way down, triggering a decent sized avalanche with a 35cm crown, catching an edge at the top of a slot chute and tumbling for what felt like minutes between jagged rocks on either side…but that was me being stupid which I've tried to stop doing :lol:

Soooo all that to say that these days I don't take too many chances - when your time is up it's up but I hope it's from natural causes and not from something stupid I've done to speed up the process

Dec. 8, 2015, 9:06 a.m.

Laughed to death at AShitHeadNamedMarcus' ridiculous posts.

You know that's the planned part of a global conspiracy hatched up by the CIA and their ally, the Muslim Brotherhood, right?

Dec. 8, 2015, 9:09 a.m.

You know that's the planned part of a global conspiracy hatched up by the CIA and their ally, the Muslim Brotherhood, right?

OK that was funny

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

Dec. 8, 2015, 9:13 a.m.

I sure hope a high speed chase is involved, in an old convertible.

I have envisioned the same scenario. What would you have blaring on the stereo?
I think I would go with the Trooper by Maiden

Mine has a really hot, bad news chick involved too.

People always ask me what's the phenomenon
Yo what's up? Yo what's goin' on- Adam Yauch

Dec. 8, 2015, 9:26 a.m.

I have envisioned the same scenario. What would you have blaring on the stereo?
I think I would go with the Trooper by Maiden

Mine has a really hot, bad news chick involved too.

Aces High would be my Maiden song of choice. Run……live to fly…..

Dec. 8, 2015, 11:07 a.m.

don't know if this is a thread for technicalities, but technically speaking we will all die of shock…

Dec. 8, 2015, 11:07 a.m.

at this guys age in an avalanche on the spearhead.
http://www.tetongravity.com/video/ski/this-87-year-old-will-actually-save-your-life

http://www.epiccyclist.com/

Dec. 8, 2015, 11:14 a.m.

I am part of the infinite immovable space time continuum.
I was never born and will never die.
Or maybe I ll get hit by a bubble world expanding from a quantum string fluctuation
and here, ok I ll die.
Or if I slid on dog poo and crush my skull, I would die from shame here too

Dec. 8, 2015, noon

OK I have to chime as I was recently talking about this. I think that most likely I will die in my late 70's or early 80's after falling off my bike (probably on Fromme) and breaking my hip. After the surgery I will realize that my mountain biking days are over. I will be dead within three months.

Dec. 8, 2015, 12:23 p.m.

I am hoping genetics will have something to do with my departure…

I want to go just like my Grandpa.

New Years Eve on the dance floor at the Legion, dancing with 3 ladies, he had the table centre piece on his head and just dropped!

Family rumour was that Grandma (who died a few years earlier) pulled his dance card. No suffering, no prolonged life, just here one minute, gone the next.

"only the good riders wipe out on the easy stuff" - Heathen

Dec. 8, 2015, 12:47 p.m.

I figure I've had at least 3 close calls so far, so I hope that whatever happens will be pretty peaceful when the time comes.

when I was 15 something triggered a schizophrenic episode in one of my friends, who chased me around his house with a 12" kitchen knife screaming "i'm going to kill you, you're gonna die" until I locked myself in a bedroom and dragged a bunch of furniture across the dor. He was breaking a hole in the drywall with a shovel (Shining style) to get at me when luckily his sister came home and snapped him out of it undoubtedly saving my life.

when I was 19 I moved to Nelson with my GF and we were renting a "heritage" house which means the place should have been condemned. Anyways I fell asleep on the couch after work and somehow the pilot light for the furnace went off and filled the house with natural gas. My GF came home from work and could smell gas from the end of the driveway and luckily found me asleep (and kinda fucked up, mind you) before anything sparked and went ka-boom.

then when I was 25 I fell asleep at the wheel and drove my truck off a 50ft embankment doing 100km/hr. Woke up just as it was going over and counted that it rolled 5 times sideways and twice end over end before it stopped. I also hit a traffic sign as I was going over which went through the floor and missed turning me into a human shiskabob by less than 11 inches. Creepy thing was that when it stopped rolling it landed on a shrine for someone else who died on that corner so when I kicked a window out and crawled out there were smashed crosses and plastic flowers everywhere..I thought I had already died.

less notable instances were being charged and chased by a sick (injured?) black bear, nearly falling off a roof without fall arrest before catching myself part way down, triggering a decent sized avalanche with a 35cm crown, catching an edge at the top of a slot chute and tumbling for what felt like minutes between jagged rocks on either side…but that was me being stupid which I've tried to stop doing :lol:

Soooo all that to say that these days I don't take too many chances - when your time is up it's up but I hope it's from natural causes and not from something stupid I've done to speed up the process

You sir have at least 9 lives…. I've had some very close calls all involving water based activities (sometimes liquored fueled) so now I stay away from water. Being a shitty swimmer doesn't help. I hope when I go its in the mountains doing what I love best, riding my bike.

Dec. 8, 2015, 12:52 p.m.

Liver Failure, self induced!

Life is like riding a bicycle – in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving.

A. Einstein

Dec. 8, 2015, 1:48 p.m.

I have confidence that medical science will take care of most of the usual suspects as long as I make it another 20 years and maybe even stop aging, so it will likely be something random like a electrocution or wild dog attack or maybe some new cool futuristic way to die we can't yet comprehend.