How To Impress Chicks at The Gym

Feb. 3, 2012, 5:46 a.m.

I go home to shower post workout. My gym has nice equipment but you only have to spend a few seconds in the shower to realize it's other purpose is as a urinal.

What I've noticed at the gyms here is that most dudes seem to take 10 minute breaks between sets or exercises. They seem to do a LOT of standing, sitting, talking and water drinking but very little actual pumping.

I'm the opposite, I wear headphones, only speak if i'm spoken to and take as little rest time as possible between sets and exercises. Ideally, if the gym is nearly empty, I won't really rest at all and my recovery time between sets will be taken up working different muscle groups. If I don't have to wait for any machines I can often finish my routine in 45 minutes and feel totally thrashed head to toe by the end of it.

www.natooke.com

Feb. 3, 2012, 7:25 a.m.

and my recovery time between sets will be taken up working different muscle groups. If I don't have to wait for any machines I can often finish my routine in 45 minutes and feel totally thrashed head to toe by the end of it.

awesome dude! that's exactly the way you should be doing things for the most part.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Feb. 6, 2012, 12:29 a.m.

Hahahahahaha hilarious and unfortunately all happens WAY too often.

Feb. 6, 2012, 11:11 a.m.

I go home to shower post workout. My gym has nice equipment but you only have to spend a few seconds in the shower to realize it's other purpose is as a urinal.

You just recently realized that?

What I've noticed at the gyms here is that most dudes seem to take 10 minute breaks between sets or exercises. They seem to do a LOT of standing, sitting, talking and water drinking but very little actual pumping.

If it takes you more then 30 minutes to lift weights you are doing it wrong.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 6, 2012, 11:53 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdEYikIpUmw

Feb. 6, 2012, 12:39 p.m.

Women… if you don't want me to look at your ass or oggle yout boobs then please go do your dead lifts in the power racks. Not immediately in the bench press area.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 6, 2012, 1:01 p.m.

Unless, of course, you are training for max strength and not fat-loss or hypertrophy.

I spend that amount of time on one of the major compound exercises I'm working on for that month.

Feb. 6, 2012, 9:35 p.m.

Unless, of course, you are training for max strength and not fat-loss or hypertrophy.

I spend that amount of time on one of the major compound exercises I'm working on for that month.

Your in the minority like the rest of us. We are all there to train not to lean on the power rack hitting on chicks.

It's like Apu said in the Simpson's.. get it done and no idle chit chat.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

Feb. 6, 2012, 9:47 p.m.

It's like Apu said in the Simpson's.. get it done and no idle chit chat.

LOL

+1 internets for Apu quote.

Feb. 6, 2012, 10:13 p.m.

love it when I'm going to the squat rack and there's a guy doing shrugs. the monkeys with pinner legs already turn every other piece of equipment they can find into a method of doing shrugs. why not grab some fucking dumbbells?

This one I disagree with. Most gyms dumbells go to maybe 110 lbs max, which isnt a very heavy shrug.

Worst in the gym is…
-the noisy grunt guy. (lame regardless of how much yer lifting)
-the guy that tries to do curls without ever straightening his arm and swings his whole body
-the half-squat guy
-the skin tight shirt guy
-the guy that eye-fucks himself in every mirror from every possible angle.

Most gyms are filled with some of the biggest goofs on the planet. Nessasary evil unfortunately

…and yes supersets are where its at. Some times complimentary muscle groups, sometimes opposites. Rest is for after the gym.

Feb. 6, 2012, 10:21 p.m.

…maybe 45mins. Tough to get in 4 or 5 different excersises with 4-5 sets each in 30 mins.

Feb. 15, 2012, 10:14 p.m.

Bring a notebook and document your workout because working out is serious biznaz.