How much do you know about financial independence?

Dec. 29, 2014, 6:32 p.m.

Another thought for the "what if everyone were a brownbagger and saved their pennies…

I'd take a home-cooked meal or leftovers made by myself/the wife over eating out just about anytime. I'm just about to sit down to some home made chicken stroganoff (I took a beef stroganoff recipe and adapted it) … I also like the fact that I know what it is I'm eating …

Dec. 29, 2014, 6:50 p.m.

Stroganoff is SO 70s..

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Dec. 29, 2014, 7:02 p.m.

Stroganoff is SO 70s..

well nothing wrong with that as Duncan is in his 70's

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 29, 2014, 7:45 p.m.

I find it incredible that you are some sort of business owner, investment guru, husband, father, commuter, and mountain biker, and yet you have so much spare time available to tout your knowledge and successes on a mountain biking forum. Are you Jesus?

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

Dec. 29, 2014, 7:45 p.m.

I find it incredible that you are some sort of business owner, investment guru, husband, father, commuter, and mountain biker, and yet you have so much spare time available to tout your knowledge and successes on a mountain biking forum. Are you Jesus?

No wait.

Jesus Saves, Moses invests. Are you Moses?

Libre? Libre como el vienta……

Dec. 29, 2014, 8:36 p.m.

I go out for beers but I have taken to cooking all my own diners and I take lunch/thermos to the ski hill skiing instead of eating out, not only is this way cheaper its more healthy and easier to control weight/nutrition

Dec. 29, 2014, 8:38 p.m.

I go out for beers but I have taken to cooking all my own diners and I take lunch/thermos to the ski hill skiing instead of eating out, not only is this way cheaper its more healthy and easier to control weight/nutrition

Solid. My next step is to start taking lunch to work.

www.vitalmtb.com

Dec. 30, 2014, 7:39 a.m.

It also saves a bunch of time if I don't have to find lunch, on a pow day I can choke down lunch at the skyline hut top of chair (plywood shack/woodstove heat/picnik tabes) in a 1 chair cycle instead of going to the bar, wait for them to make it, have a beer maybe 2, more beer apres ski

Do that 50 times a season and the $$$ AND lbs add up

also substitute coffee for beer apres ski, cheaper [HTML_REMOVED] more healthy

Dec. 30, 2014, 8:25 a.m.

It also saves a bunch of time if I don't have to find lunch, on a pow day I can choke down lunch in a 1 chair cycle instead of going to the bar, wait for them to make it, have a beer maybe 2, more beer apres ski

snacks on the chair all day between runs, the lodge is a gongshow at lunch so I hate going in there.

Don't ever mess with the apres-ski beers though…unless you happen to be drinking them in the parking lot, then that's okay :)

Dec. 30, 2014, 8:39 a.m.

It also saves a bunch of time if I don't have to find lunch, on a pow day I can choke down lunch in a 1 chair cycle instead of going to the bar, wait for them to make it, have a beer maybe 2, more beer apres ski

I call bullshit.

Pastor of Muppets

Dec. 30, 2014, 8:49 a.m.

On what my ability to exercise discretion ?

Dec. 30, 2014, 9:22 a.m.

well nothing wrong with that as Duncan is in his 70's

I can't eat the beef because it makes my dentures come unstuck.

Dec. 30, 2014, 12:36 p.m.

I call bullshit.

Maybe he was just trying to impress the working stiff:fruit:

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

Dec. 30, 2014, 12:59 p.m.

I can't eat the beef because it makes my dentures come unstuck.

golf clap

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 30, 2014, 8:16 p.m.

Maybe he was just trying to impress the working stiff:fruit:

You go to work and I go ski some where , the difference is I don't have to but I do, after the glamor has worn off at some point being a ski bum is just a hard cold lonely outside job that doesn't pay at all and you don't get no sympathy