how many times do the americans have to lose ?

Aug. 11, 2005, 3:18 p.m.

You better hand over the beavers.

:dizzy:

Softwood is one thing. Beef is another. But Beavers is where this proud Canuck draws the line.
I'm not surprised you noticed our beavers were better

Aug. 11, 2005, 3:20 p.m.

Who's up for a cross country U.S. tour with me and my box of pine beetles?

unfortunately that would only make things worse…

Its the guys in Louisiana and the southern states that are most worried - Oregon is just going along for the ride.

that's sort of the way this country works… I often wonder if all of the Tech industry and Med-tech industries wern't here in the NW if the rest of the country would even remember we were here… that said…maybe we can just sneak off and no one will ever notice

:scotland:

:trinity: RIP Charles Edward DelaForest…

Born: September 1978 - Murdered May 2005

Gone but not forgotten, I miss you brother. :trinity:

Aug. 11, 2005, 4:42 p.m.

So here's the plan: We impose a 5% export tax on all Canadian oil and gas.

Last numbers I saw were just under 2 million bbl per day exported. That would equal somewhere in the $2 billion per year in export taxes just for oil - not counting cng - (Assuming a $55-60/bbl price for oil). Not only that, it should put a crimp in Mr. Bush's activities, and make him a bit more amenable to cooperation.

Aug. 11, 2005, 5:25 p.m.

funny, I'm swimming in timber here in Oregon…better put up the cloaking device before George comes and takes it all away…

Bye Bye…

and yes, American politics are fucked…but remember, were not all bad…Oregon's like southern BC for all intents and purposes… Cascadia anyone???

Dave

yea oregons sweet! its just a warmer bc

yo

Aug. 11, 2005, 5:39 p.m.

It's totally impractical, but I'd like to see BC cut off all wood exports and imports to the US overnight, and then see where they're left standing. we account for 50% of Canada's imports, when so when the price to consumers sky rockets overnight the US governemtn might actually have to do something instead of just treating canada like shit.

I sure hope mexico is watching this so they know that by "Free Trade" the US means we get to steal and lie to you and then tell you to fuck off.

Well, according to my Macroeconomics class, the value of you're currency would fall, as a huge demand for canadian currency comes from U.S. companies trading. And to be honest, it would probably hurt the environmentalists the most because Bush would have an excuse to wack down even more forests. But yeah, I do agree that the U.S. treats Canada like ass for no reason, apparently because they don't get into wars over stupid shit they are pussies or something…

Aug. 11, 2005, 5:45 p.m.

This pretty much describes the current U.S. political scene.

Aug. 11, 2005, 7:40 p.m.

we've been over this cascadia thing before , PoR , and i'm still with ya . . .

in fact , it is starting to look better and better . . . .

Aug. 11, 2005, 9 p.m.

funny, I'm swimming in timber here in Oregon

You can thank the Spotted Owl for that.

As for the Softwood Lumber dispute, the US doesnt care how we determine stumpage, and changing the way we manage our forests won't make them open up the borders to free trade in lumber. No matter what we do they will never allow it. This is protectionism brought on by the Southern US Pine plantation land owners who have the US govt in their pocket.

River City Cycle Club - www.rivercitycycle.ca

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Aug. 24, 2005, 10:30 p.m.

Bertuzzi for federal trade minister?

stuff for sale:
Dainese upper body suit, size medium, brand new and never worn $200
email me for details: [email protected]

Aug. 25, 2005, 12:19 a.m.

The USA maybe losing NAFTA court cases, but the US Board of Trade ruled that they are doing the right thing. I just can't believe that NAFTA and the UN and the other International Panels can even attempt to argue with the US Board of Trade.
It's almost looks like the USA is ignoring international pressure and doing what it wants regardless of what is right. But we all know that isn't the case, they would never do anything like that. I'm pretty sure this all has something to do with Freedom and Terrorism, but I haven't figured it out yet. Damn Canadians hiding WMD's in the forests.

If you haven't seen that movie Team America World Police yet, rent it. The soundtrack is hilarious and it totally sums up the attitude of americans.
"Terrorists your time is thru now you have to answer to, America Fuck Yeah, Coming again to save the mutha#$#in day yeah!"