How many drinks do you have a week

Oct. 29, 2006, 10:36 a.m.

LOL, as if

yeh. realistic challanges. baby steps.
I'm usually half that by 10 am, before I can face getting on a chairlift at whistler.

Oct. 29, 2006, 10:40 a.m.

easy… binge drinking - doctors call this 5 drinks or more-ish, buncha wimps, is far worse than spreading it out. Somehow I doubt that bit of news will affect you. ;)

Haha well I am in college, but when Im at home I probally drink once a month if even. Its alittle excessive at my school though, I think I will tone it down, save some money and my body haha.

www.powderandpark.com - My ski review site

Oct. 29, 2006, 10:45 a.m.

Haha well I am in college, but when Im at home I probally drink once a month if even. Its alittle excessive at my school though, I think I will tone it down, save some money and my body haha.

that's part of going to school…one day you'll have to do that AND hold a job where you can get fired. practice while you can still make mistakes.

Oct. 29, 2006, 1:22 p.m.

Question? how would you define alcoholism? How do you think one becomes an alcoholic? Not trying to cause shit? Just curious as to what you think?

DW

Oct. 29, 2006, 1:23 p.m.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcoholism

I'm starting to think your GW jr.

Oct. 29, 2006, 1:32 p.m.

Well I had 16 last night… maybe 15-20 a week usually.

This space intentionally left blank.

Oct. 29, 2006, 1:38 p.m.

I had wisdom teeth :/

well heres our teams hockey jersey…

http://static.flickr.com/86/282078123_365979799e_b.jpg

It made me appreciate jagerbombs on a whole new level (were called the jagerbombers btw and play in the ice604 league.

Oct. 29, 2006, 3:07 p.m.

Question? how would you define alcoholism? How do you think one becomes an alcoholic? Not trying to cause shit? Just curious as to what you think?

DW

i believe an person becomes an alcoholic when they need booze to function normally and rely on it to get through the day.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Oct. 29, 2006, 3:22 p.m.

i'll drink 12+ on friday, 12+ on saturday, a bottle of red on sunday and a glass of red a night during the week.

Oct. 29, 2006, 4:12 p.m.

i believe an person becomes an alcoholic when they need booze to function normally and rely on it to get through the day.

how about if they dont need it to get through the day, however, they start drinking as soon as they get home from work? and continue drinking until they go to bed. is that what's referred to as having a "drinking problem"?

Oct. 29, 2006, 4:31 p.m.

I think that, if when you drink it adversly affects your life more than once
and/OR
you need it to function you've got "problems"

I know people that drink 3-4 beers a night their whole lives with no social
issues. I don't think that drinking 2-3 beers a night w/ a few higher nights
will do your body bad. It also depends on how heavy you are. If I'm 200lbs
I can drink 2X as much as someone who is 100lbs. Of course each persons
liver is different, and how they process alcohol is different.

If you find yourself saying "sorry, I had a little too much last night"…again
and again and again. You've got a alcohol "problem", which is just a term
alcoholics use to describe their problem.

I drink about 1 guiness per night with 2-3 on weekends. If you drink more, then
great, if you drink less great! If you drink and drive…:nono:

If you're 18-25 have fun, just try not to turn out to be "that guy/girl".

I was suprised to see how many non-drinkers there are, but maybe that's
the amount of underage kids on here??? :beer:

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Oct. 29, 2006, 4:37 p.m.

I was suprised to see how many non-drinkers there are, but maybe that's
the amount of underage kids on here??? :beer:

I doubt it, I'd guess that most of the underage kids on here do drink. Most of the people at my school do.

Oct. 29, 2006, 4:41 p.m.

most of the non drinkers are late 30s early 40s. For me its health, I used to drink, three or 4 drinks a week or more if i was partying. but as a diabetic alcohol reacts severely with the meds so drinking is a no-no. i haven't had alcohol in over a year almost two.

Oct. 29, 2006, 6:08 p.m.

but 20-35 drinks a week isn't so great on your health ^

10-12 is about max a week if you don't want health complications later on in life.

its all good though, I party too Im just sayin.

Drinking alcohol like red wine has health benefits for the heart, but you want to limit it, since too much, as mentioned above, can cause health problems. I love a nice glass of red wine with dinner.

Red wine is a particularly rich source of antioxidant, particularly resveratrol and the flavonoids. Resveratrol, found in grape skins and seeds, increases HDL cholesterol and prevent blood clotting. Flavonoids, on the other hand, exhibit antioxidant properties helping prevent blood clots and plaques formation in arteries.

From The American Heart Association: Drinking too much alcohol can raise blood pressure, cause heart failure and lead to stroke. It can contribute to high triglycerides, cancer and other diseases, and produce irregular heartbeats. It contributes to obesity, alcoholism, suicide and accidents.

The risk of heart disease in people who drink moderate amounts of alcohol (an average of one drink for women or two drinks for men per day) is lower than in nondrinkers. One drink is defined as 1-1/2 fluid ounces (fl oz) of 80-proof spirits (such as bourbon, Scotch, vodka, gin, etc.), 1 fl oz of 100-proof spirits, 4 fl oz of wine or 12 fl oz of beer. It's not recommended that nondrinkers start using alcohol or that drinkers increase the amount they drink.

I have no filter …

Oct. 29, 2006, 6:32 p.m.

how about if they dont need it to get through the day, however, they start drinking as soon as they get home from work? and continue drinking until they go to bed. is that what's referred to as having a "drinking problem"?

yeah thats a drinking problem. i believe an alcoholic NEEDS the booze, as in cant function without it.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"