Hostage!

Jan. 17, 2019, 10:05 p.m.

Aren't we just a bunch of cut-throat monsters.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-01-17/prisoner-in-vancouver-huawei-cfo-awaits-her-fate-in-splendor?srnd=premium-canada

Jan. 18, 2019, 1:25 p.m.

Robert Currie, a professor of law at Dalhousie University said, “Once you are sought for extradition, your goose is pretty much cooked.”

https://www.counterpunch.org/2019/01/18/the-death-penalty-for-canadas-foreign-policy/

Last edited by: tungsten on Jan. 18, 2019, 1:27 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 18, 2019, 2:20 p.m.

Fucking stupid Westerner's. China knows what its people want.

Google designed the Chinese search engine, code-named Dragonfly, to blacklist information about human rights, democracy, religion, and peaceful protest, in accordance with strict rules on censorship in China that are enforced by the country’s authoritarian Communist Party government.

I agree with FO, human-rights are SHIT.

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/18/google-dragonfly-project-protests/

Last edited by: ReductiMat on Jan. 18, 2019, 2:21 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 18, 2019, 3:31 p.m.

Why won't they do this here?!

https://boingboing.net/2019/01/18/china-is-blurring-mens-earri.html

Jan. 18, 2019, 4:10 p.m.

Boing boing and the intercept both sound like bastions of quality journalism.

Yes some executive (not the government) at iqiyi made this decision to blur male earrings. You should see the threads about it on weibo right now. Iqiyi is being publicly eviscerated online over this with many Chinese people cancelling their subscriptions. I don't really know what your point is now? Lambast the whole culture by turning the worst examples into group representatives? 

I guess you didn't read the articles I linked earlier criticising the party? Or maybe you couldn't. Note, translating Chinese into English in your browser doesn't really work.

Kinda of a darmak his arms wide, shaka when the walls fell situation.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Jan. 18, 2019, 4:12 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Jan. 18, 2019, 4:14 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Boing boing and the intercept both sound like bastions of quality journalism. 

Yes some executive (not the government) at iqiyi made this decision to blur male earrings. You should see the threads about it on weibo right now. Iqiyi is being publicly eviscerated online over this with many Chinese people cancelling their subscriptions. 

I guess you didn't read the articles I linked earlier criticising the party? Or maybe you couldn't. Note, translating Chinese into English in your browser doesn't really work. 

Kinda of a darmak his arms wide, shaka when the walls fell situation.

Do six fucking seconds of research and see what those two "media" companies are.

I know you won't, so give me the Chinese analogue of Snowden and the EFF.

Pro-tip: You won't.  You ignored my last effort to point out the differences between our forms of government, and you will again.  Yellow fever?

Jan. 18, 2019, 4:17 p.m.

Any progressive cause you can think of is currently being pushed at the grassroots level in China and it is extremely important to their success that we stay out of it. Most Chinese people don't mind western white people but the instant any us start beaking off about how their country should be run the start imagining different ways they would like to hurt us. The instant we offer our opinion we provide discrediting ammunition to whatever cause we wish to support.

Memories aren't so short in ancient cultures.

Jan. 18, 2019, 4:19 p.m.

Of course our governments are different. Our cultures and general ways of thinking are also completely different. 

Chinese society is confucian, it's strictly hierarchical and the rules are thousands of years old. Why would you expect them to have a government like ours?

Jan. 18, 2019, 4:25 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

Posted by: FLATCH

60 000 Canadians in China, I wonder how many Chinese are here? how many of those I wonder are involved in crime? and how many of them do the Chinese government give a shit about? my guess would be only the rich ones.

Your guess is wrong. The Chinese government would very much like to recover all the corrupt laundered money that we let get in here so easily. They have strict rules about money leaving the country, 50 000 USD a year is the max for Chinese citizens so many of them are already breaking Chinese law by bringing millions over.

Given the information they have access to, they could shut it down if they truly wanted.

You really think they have such a tight lid on things? Holy shit man you're out to lunch. They're holding the country together by their fucking fingernails. Do you really think the Chinese ability to exploit loopholes only exists when they're in foreign countries?

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Jan. 18, 2019, 4:25 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Reason: My phone's keyboard sucks
Jan. 18, 2019, 4:35 p.m.

Three fucking replies and nothing in relation to what I wrote.  You need to stop with the "us-them".

Jan. 18, 2019, 5:25 p.m.

We're both guilty of that

Jan. 18, 2019, 5:54 p.m.

We're both guilty of that

Would you fuck off with that.

You are equating a government that controls all media with everything else.  Tell me the the US owns Snowden and the Intercept.  Tell me they own the Guardian.  Tell me Reuter's bid to save their reporters from Myanmar are because they are criminals and not investigating the deaths of Rohingya Muslim's.

Can you supply a Chinese alternate voice for the Uyghurs?  Or are they all dogs?

Jan. 18, 2019, 6:33 p.m.

This is the time where the NSMB Chinese operatives tell us the reason why Korvig deserves a much worse fate than the Chinese Princess who's forced to live in a 100km radius of Metro Vancouver.

For your sake, I really fucking hope you're an operative.  (In a way I can't imagine).

Jan. 18, 2019, 7:08 p.m.

I'm struggling to find the article where the Chinese forced someone to live in a $5,000,000 house with unlimited funds and allowed them to travel within a 100km radius.

A little help?

Jan. 18, 2019, 7:37 p.m.

If you shit on the CBC you are a monkey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_4da81VH1U&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1x2Re3vyfarWIf-SieQ3Rsw2xNxKq7I57FW4Y-8aXX4xZkApXUTdsCxeU