Homebrew

June 26, 2013, 1:34 p.m.

Also the newest cider is a Mango that is in the primary now. The next I hope to do will be a cherry from the neighbours tree. I am still pretty new to it but it is fun.

I might have some questions for you here in about a month. My father in law has a lot of apple trees on his property so going to try my hand at some cider once they are harvested. Looks really simple but we'll see.

June 26, 2013, 1:46 p.m.

I totally botched a IPA receipe with too much crystal 40

Anyone like a CarmelIPA….. yuck!

I just did something similar wiht my most recent batch. Sugar/malt water. First unusable batch in a few years…

June 26, 2013, 1:54 p.m.

I did a sparkling apple cider which was dead simple. Not really alchoholic, but really quite tasty for the non-drinkers at a party.

http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-your-own-sparkling-cider-at-home-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-179451

It was super-tasty!

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

June 26, 2013, 10:35 p.m.

Experiment 1: a simple all grain recipe that I only vary the yeast.

Will be interesting for you to see how the different yeast affects flavor.

Down here White Labs has a tasting room where they do just that. One batch fermented with 4-5 different yeasts becomes a flight of tasters so you can taste the difference it makes. They usually have 4-5 different flights some with their own brews, and some from local breweries. Pretty cool to see side by side the effect yeast has on taste.

June 27, 2013, 8:20 a.m.

I just did something similar wiht my most recent batch. Sugar/malt water. First unusable batch in a few years…

I brewed another IPA, and took some of the second runnings added some DME and a shit ton of hops to it, repitched some yeast and I'm going to blend that with the CaramelPA. The CaramelPA is okay, the neighbor will like it, but I don't like alot of crystal in my IPA. I don't know what I was thinking??? Anyway I'll report back after the blending.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

July 2, 2013, 4:30 p.m.

Picked up everything else from the local brew place. Later tonight let the fun begin.:agree:

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

July 2, 2013, 5:04 p.m.

Where to buy beer bottles in North Vancouver now that the place on West 1st is closed?

This trip to Kelowna was definately an undertaking - Liam and I had been planning this project for 24 hours. We worked really hard to pull out all the stops in this video. We had slo-mo goggle shots; time lapses; pedal flips; outrageous product shots; unloading and loading the bike; walking through the field with your hand in wheat. At the end of the day this trip was all about just getting out and riding with all my friends.

www.letsridebikes.ca

July 2, 2013, 5:10 p.m.

Where to buy beer bottles in North Vancouver now that the place on West 1st is closed?

Uh buy full ones, drink em, then you have empty ones to fill with homebrew.

July 2, 2013, 6:01 p.m.

Uh buy full ones, drink em, then you have empty ones to fill with homebrew.

This, also, tell your friends to do the same. I have a couple of dozen Howe Sound bottles saved up.

July 2, 2013, 9:16 p.m.

i have 40 Grolsch bottles i want to get rid of. I think I paid $0.50 each, would like the same, like new, cleaned with oxy. $20?

Is there a Vancouver in Taiwan?! I had no idea!!

Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.

July 2, 2013, 10:20 p.m.

If anyone ever wants to make root beer, just buy some Hires root beer extract. I made a couple batches years ago with my beer making equipment [HTML_REMOVED] it tasted pretty good.

Thread killer

July 5, 2013, 9:04 p.m.

3 weeks of waiting. Must resist making further LCBO donations.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

July 6, 2013, 6:17 a.m.

Even more important, you must resist opening one before 3 weeks (assuming you just bottled).

July 6, 2013, 8:20 a.m.

Even more important, you must resist opening one before 3 weeks (assuming you just bottled).

In the summer I'll taste at 2 weeks, just cause..
:rawr:

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

July 6, 2013, 12:25 p.m.

Started first brew at 2am Wed morning. So no bottling yet.

I should be good. Have enough Antiguan Rum till next Friday. Then Mother in Laws who has a couple of bottles for me from Antigua..the good stuff.

If I didn't then there might be a problem.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk