Home Gym

Feb. 5, 2020, 3:30 p.m.

big is bad uphill

Feb. 7, 2020, 2:15 p.m.

Ordered a set of wooden gymnastic rings and some bands today. Here we go $100 home gym. 

Currently doing the Bond training program 2x days a week in a real gym so getting proper deadlifts and squats there. Home gym will be for targeting the vanity stuff ie my non existing chest / shoulder / arms.

Feb. 7, 2020, 4:08 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

chup, don't laugh, I want a weighted sled to do just that!

Brock: America, FUCK YEAH.  Just in the last week or two I was thinking I need to watch that again..

Cheez: I didn't even think to look at what they had.. thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnPWJOJYVKc

Feb. 7, 2020, 5:20 p.m.

If I ask you to take a dump on my chest, will you?

(fuck if Matt and Trey weren't rich I'd start a gofundme for them)

Feb. 7, 2020, 8:15 p.m.

Team America is still so relevant, I think it stands the test of time. If we're watching it now we'll definitely be watching it 15 years from now. 

I don't do workouts but I go to the climbing gym and it is way more fun.

Feb. 8, 2020, 12:03 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

Team America is still so relevant, I think it stands the test of time. If we're watching it now we'll definitely be watching it 15 years from now. 

I don't do workouts but I go to the climbing gym and it is way more fun.

Assuming you didn’t know this already, the Lindy Effect is one of the coolest things I’ve learned.

(The longer something lives, the greater chance it will live longer)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindy_effect

Feb. 11, 2020, 9:05 p.m.

Posted by: ReductiMat

So I'm setting up a home gym.  Anyone know of any other haunts that sell used weights?  Specifically dumbbells.  (A pair of 150 pound dumbbells for $1200 CDN?  WTF.)

Kijiji, CL, FB Marketplace are the ones I know of.

Check Value Village, Sally Ann and other stores like that. Still have to be there at the right time but it is amazing what people drop there. Grabbed a couple of 5 pound Olympic plates someone gave away at the local Value Village.

Also check the Habitat for Humanity Re Use it stores. Again seen weight stuff there.