hockey rant - inconsistent penalties

March 23, 2004, 11:21 a.m.

is anyone else pissed that Messier only got a 2 game suspension for spearing the other day while Belak got 8 games for intent to injure? WTF - isnt spearing intent to injure? Granted Belaks incident was a little more viscious and Messier's used to playing when spearing was part of the game.

Anyone else feel the same? discuss, rant, un rant, etc.

and if you're going to say the Moose is a hockey legend, I couldnt care.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 23, 2004, 11:28 a.m.

they were saying on the radio that Messier didnt get more games because they figure he is done after this season and they wanted him to play his final game in front of the hometown crowd.
i could care less. i dont like hockey and i dont watch hockey for this very reason.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

March 23, 2004, 11:34 a.m.

Originally posted by lancepaydirt
they were saying on the radio that Messier didnt get more games because they figure he is done after this season and they wanted him to play his final game in front of the hometown crowd.
i could care less. i dont like hockey and i dont watch hockey for this very reason.

thats retarded, if he wanted to play his last game infront of the hometown crowd he should have thought about what he was doing

_SALE: 01 Drop frame, shore linkage, new RC + extras! _

March 23, 2004, 11:35 a.m.

Originally posted by lancepaydirt

it is very retarded to consider this while penalizing someone.

protect tom mcdonald at all costs

March 23, 2004, 11:38 a.m.

I agree he should have got the rest of the season as well. Now is the time that the NHL and NHLPA have to bare down on this garbage that is happening, and give anyone that does something stupid like this, the rest of the season! Maybe it will open up some of their eyes and see that the NHL and NHLPA are not fucking around anymore, and will go to all lengths to see that you do not suit up for another game for a long long time!

Clay, couldnt agree more, the NHL is dying fast

March 23, 2004, 1:45 p.m.

Messier should end his career like McSorley did… make it a former Oilers dream team era tradition… but i'm biased… can't stand the guy - especially while he wuz a Canuck! If there's a lockout i may quit watchin' hockey all together.. its getting gayer than $10 PPV

March 23, 2004, 3:51 p.m.

Originally posted by Count Blah
I dont know what happened:???:

its because most people would rather see a fight than a decent hockey game.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

March 23, 2004, 4:04 p.m.

Messier and Anderson could carve perfect turkey dinners with their sticks. And they always got away with it.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 23, 2004, 4:41 p.m.

Originally posted by [email protected]
The NHL is dead to me.

Has been for 10+ years.

2000 VPS Custom Travel sz. medium w/ Raceface BB, Blackspire chainguide, Axiom Seatpost, Tank hs… $400. Champagne Hayes w/rotors… $299/pair. Front 20mm Formula laced to 26" Doublewide w/ 2.8 Michelin and dh tube… $150. Rear Formula laced to 24" DX32 w/ XTR 8spd Cog, Highroller 2.7, dh tube… $200. 8spd XT derailler/shifter…$100. FUNN FatboySlim/Serial Killa 31.8 Combo w/ Odi Lockons… $100. Dainese Legs and Arms sz. med… $100. Magura HS-11's… $50/pair. Or take it all for $1200 and

March 23, 2004, 5:06 p.m.

ya man, nhl is turing to shit….
i remember back in the day, rerely any fights, and it was a real skill game. now it's crap and just entertaining to those who wana see men fight.

NHL = XHL Booo:mad:

|? () |?

March 23, 2004, 5:36 p.m.

Originally posted by Wanab_bikerdude
i remember back in the day, rerely any fights

:lol: And which day might this be.

This space intentionally left blank.

March 23, 2004, 6:16 p.m.

like 10 years ago…
iam not saying there were fights or anything….
players like grezky, limeux, bure…. relied on their skill, they were almost never in fights, now it seems like everyones just fighing

|? () |?

March 23, 2004, 6:35 p.m.

When it comes to fighting, there's only one name to remember: Kurt Fraser. :thepimp:

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 23, 2004, 8:22 p.m.

like 10 years ago…
players like grezky, limeux, bure…. relied on their skill, they were almost never in fights, now it seems like everyones just fighing

There were still lots of fights 10 years ago. Just cuz Bure and Lemieux were playing with skill doesn't mean others weren't fighting.

Naslund, Kariya, Selanne, Jagr, Gaborik, etc etc, all playing with skill… there's sitll fighters.

http://www.cyberetrothreads.com

ya fuck you windows. fuck you too door.

March 24, 2004, 12:45 a.m.

like 10 years ago…

10 years ago it was different. Canucks like Ron Delorme, Sergio Momesso, Garth Butcher, Shawn Antonski, and Gino Okjick were around. Today, the Canucks have no enforcers.

- Josiah Stamp

- H.G. Wells