hipsters

April 12, 2013, 12:14 p.m.

You mean like how you always post about how much more manly your life is in da north and how we're all idiots for living in the city?

Did I ever claim it was manly?

Go ride someone elses ass today,you're out of your league.

Pastor of Muppets

April 12, 2013, 12:19 p.m.

Love 'em or hate 'em, hipsters do make good coffee.

Cheers Ben

April 12, 2013, 12:38 p.m.

Walking down Granville on wednesday, I couldn't help but wonder if any of these pussies had ever picked up a fishing pole.

Naw … they're probably gillnetters. And you'd better not pick a fight with a group of them. I heard that when they brawl, they "fight as a unit". (photo credit to Discovery Channel's "The Deadliest Crotch"). Hey Farmer, since you are fashion savvy, would you consider those full or half chapps?

April 12, 2013, 12:43 p.m.

Naw … they're probably gillnetters (photo credit to Discovery Channel's "The Deadliest Crotch")
And you'd better not pick a fight with them. I heard that when they brawl, the fight "like a unit".

Photo taken at Prince Rupert during the annual Northern BC Sportfishing tournament.

Cheers Ben

April 12, 2013, 12:50 p.m.

Aint no motherfucker trying to grip this tacklebox.

Pause

I go to art school… I'm avant garde (wait, though… I think this is just more "hipster").

Clearly you're not too far through that art school to be throwing around 'avante garde' like its 1892.

Walking down Granville on wednesday, I couldn't help but wonder if any of these pussies had ever picked up a fishing pole.

Granville Sucks.

I remember you guys were telling me about the hot chicks on robson, All I saw when I was there was soem guy in daisy duke cut offs with his mooseknuckle out for everyone to see. Menswear in the city is something else thats for sure.

https://vimeo.com/54231687

// What's Good // F U N E R A L // Ultramontane // DEEP SIX //

April 12, 2013, 1:08 p.m.

Have you been fishing in the lower mainland when the fish are running? Pick the wrong spot and you'll get in a fight: either because there are already so many people there that they trip over each other or because you're encroaching on some guys spot that he found last year and thinks he now owns. So many assholes at the rivers nowadays, it's just not worth the stress.

I am sure it doesn't compare - but we do have "idiot rock"

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000p64WE34ajOE/s/750/750/Bulkley-River-Fishing-REC-0179.jpg

Appolgies for having no idea how to imbed - but I was screwing up at the internet way before any one else

April 12, 2013, 1:10 p.m.

Fishing is great and everything, but Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu got it right:

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring.”

- Desmond Tutu

(But wth does he know, he's named after a piece of women's clothing.)

April 12, 2013, 1:12 p.m.

(But wth does he know, he's named after a piece of women's clothing.)

Must be a fucking hipster.

April 12, 2013, 1:24 p.m.

I am sure it doesn't compare - but we do have "idiot rock"

Appolgies for having no idea how to imbed - but I was screwing up at the internet way before any one else

Just change the URL in the square brackets to IMG, or click on the little yellow mountain icon instead of the earth/paperclip icon.

For the fishermen, imagine them two or three deep, stretched out as far as the shoreline allows.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

April 12, 2013, 1:24 p.m.

Fishing is great and everything, but Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu got it right:

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring.”

- Desmond Tutu

I thought he said "Light a man a fire and he will stay warm for the night. Light a man afire and he will stay warm for the rest of his life."

April 12, 2013, 5 p.m.

One more little story… just for you farmer.

I took my girlfriend to see the Calgary Philharmonic this weekend, we stayed in a nice hotel and ate at a couple nice restaurants. We enjoyed fine cocktails, and had a lovely visit with Premier Redford. I wore my CK suit, a nice pressed white shirt, and an expensive watch. We went shoe shopping the next day, and I dropped 300 bones on a pair of dress boots that work nicely with one of my outfits, she dropped close to the same on a pair of work heels.

In a month we're heading out quadding, camping, and fishing. In between now and then, we'll babysit for friends, probably do some shopping, watch a movie or 3, eat at a couple dive bars, eat at a trendy restaurant for her birthday, and maybe host a dinner party. Seeing a trend here? I consider myself to be a pretty good man, but by your definition, I can't be because I went shoe shopping with my girlfriend and enjoyed an orchestra (where, by the way, we got to hear a Stradivarius. What a phenomenal experience!)

Be yourself and let other people be themselves. Most of us learned that simple lesson from picture books when we were 5, maybe it's about time you learned it too.

OMG A CK SUIT??? lol

jake has come through for me before, I fully suspect he is just trying to find all his clothes and finishing up breakfast

April 12, 2013, 5:17 p.m.

OMG A CK SUIT??? lol

would've impressed me

…in 1991

April 12, 2013, 5:34 p.m.

I just copped like 15 Finamore joints. Fuck CK. #menswear

April 12, 2013, 5:34 p.m.

April 12, 2013, 5:42 p.m.

fucking hipsters. it's a big deal if you're from a town of like 2000 peeps in the narth, ok? I thought I was cool… really I'm just a guy. who knew Moores wouldn't be the height of modern fashion?

The point is, and once again, I made it poorly, that a guy can be a man and enjoy things that used to be considered feminine. Also, farmer, my very gay step brother and his husband could probably both kick the shit outta you. they work out together in an mma gym on a regular basis, and both fight often.