hipsters

April 12, 2013, 6:05 a.m.

I remember you guys were telling me about the hot chicks on robson, All I saw when I was there was soem guy in daisy duke cut offs with his mooseknuckle out for everyone to see. Menswear in the city is something else thats for sure.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

April 12, 2013, 6:08 a.m.

False.

Walking down Granville on wednesday, I couldn't help but wonder if any of these pussies had ever picked up a fishing pole.

You sound ridiculous and hateful.

One of my best and closest friends wears womens jeans, and he has since long before it was a thing hipsters did. He's also straight as an arrow, can shoot a dime at 50 yards with iron sights on his .22, and picks up a new buxom blonde or brunette every weekend as he waxes poetic at the local dive bar.

The man shoots better then anybody I know, picks up tons of women, has lots of indiscriminate sex, picks a mean guitar, but he dresses in jeans from the opposite sex. Oh, he's also got a masters degree, and is considered one of our countries foremost experts in a specific field of forensics. He's directly responsible for putting several hundred criminals behind bars.

You should probably judge his manliness solely by the brand name of his jeans though.

April 12, 2013, 6:09 a.m.

Big Surf is legit. LAbel is too mainstream for hipsters

It's not if they are being ironic, though. That's how this whole thing started.

The lament of the Hipster's influence has been documented since 2009.

The whole man vs non man debate is for another thread.

April 12, 2013, 6:48 a.m.

I question the motives of any guy who feels the need to assert how much of a man he is.

I too think the whole metro/hipster thing is silly,but I'm not going to bitch about it on the interwebs

Pastor of Muppets

April 12, 2013, 8:17 a.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CU3mc0yvRNk

April 12, 2013, 8:33 a.m.

I remember you guys were telling me about the hot chicks on robson, All I saw when I was there was soem guy in daisy duke cut offs with his mooseknuckle out for everyone to see. Menswear in the city is something else thats for sure.

There are lots of hot sluts in Vancouver. Although they are a dying breed. I blame this on drugs, and education. Why are they change to fix a good thing

April 12, 2013, 8:35 a.m.

Hipsters are fair targets, but some of you really need to give up 12 minutes of your life and watch this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td1PbsV6B80

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

April 12, 2013, 9:15 a.m.

I question the motives of any guy who feels the need to assert how much of a man he is.

This.

April 12, 2013, 9:18 a.m.

False.

Walking down Granville on wednesday, I couldn't help but wonder if any of these pussies had ever picked up a fishing pole.

So you need to grab a pole to be a man? Where's Freud when you need him?

April 12, 2013, 9:19 a.m.

I tried fishing as a teenager. One of the most boring pursuits ever. And this defines "manly"? Sitting around for hours waiting for something to happen?

Kn.

April 12, 2013, 9:30 a.m.

^ I know right.

I grew up logging, hunting, shooting random animate and inanimate things - but could never get into fishing (or any hunting where instead of stalking you just sat. (deer blinds, duck blinds etc. - well at least with duck the shooting part is great).

But fishing. I just don't get it. I live in one of the world's great stealhead areas - have caught all kinds of fish- but I still don't get it. You sit, you drink beer - once in a while you pull fish from river,lake what ever and let it go.

Everyone says - ooh its great to get out on the river, lake, stream with a buddies and beer etc. blah blah blah - but the fun part is the buddies and beer - the river, lake stream is nice as well - but really the fishing adds nothing.

But as a middle age, slightly overweight, father of two girls who spends the better part of most days at a desk - I have long given up on trying to be any more manly.

April 12, 2013, 9:38 a.m.

I won't claim to be the best fisherman, but if you are just sitting around you are doing it wrong. Also, not all fishing is catch and release. Nothing is tastier than a halibut you caught that afternoon.

April 12, 2013, 9:47 a.m.

Dude, if you sit around looking for, checking out and critiquing what other guys wear, I'm sure that must be filling the hole of some kind of unfulfilled man-love inside of you.

April 12, 2013, 9:53 a.m.

Given that I've ridden with three different Canadian women's DH champions and one XC, I find the phrase "rides like a girl" takes on a different meaning for me.

Kn.

April 12, 2013, 9:56 a.m.

False.

Another great song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XB2peAKwOA

I think your definition of manhood is pretty narrow.

www.vitalmtb.com