Hi Alex Pro! Hi. (says ICBC)

June 16, 2013, 1:35 p.m.

But haven't they suffered enough? I've heard some rioters are depressed now!

Why slag free swag?:rolleyes:

ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.

June 16, 2013, 7:28 p.m.

Isn't this the time on these boards where a "HTFU" get thrown out there. You've never said that have you?
edit hmmm maybe you were being sarcastic…

Oh yea, PS, don't wreck other peoples stuff thinking its fun. Simple concept. Get caught? Pay the price.

I'd rather not have to pay for these clowns wrecking stuff the next time I renew my insurance. Have at em I say.

actually, the value of the car he's accused of wrecking is worth less than 3500, divided by the 19 people being sued for that vehicle, is about 185 bucks per person….

If thats what he owes then I can deal with that. If the others "bill" get sorted in the same manner, I can deal with that too.

"May a commune of gay, Marxist Muslim illegal immigrants use your tax dollars to open a drive-thru abortion clinic in your church."

June 16, 2013, 7:53 p.m.

Isn't this the time on these boards where a "HTFU" get thrown out there. You've never said that have you?

yea i think he might have been jokin….^

June 16, 2013, 8:10 p.m.

You may not agree with Zedbra's sentiments - most of us don't - but that doesn't mean he's not free to state them. Lay off the personal attacks.

most of me thanks you?

June 16, 2013, 8:44 p.m.

Yeah, you missed the e-sarc, it was subtle but there.

I've noticed a pattern with the court cases from this, both with the crown and the accused persons.

I assume this is where the courts will be strict and impose a financial deterrent on future rioters

June 16, 2013, 9:43 p.m.

haha.. so you mean they wish they didn't do what they did when they were drunk or following the crowd? too bad

I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity

June 16, 2013, 10:07 p.m.

yea i think he might have been jokin….^

Yeah, you missed the e-sarc, it was subtle but there.

haha.. so you mean they wish they didn't do what they did when they were drunk or following the crowd? too bad

I guess it was easy to miss… The first time. :lol:

June 16, 2013, 10:13 p.m.

i missed nothing…

put a 11-36 on the hei hei today , w the new xt der man woooo eeee!

June 16, 2013, 10:26 p.m.

i missed nothing…

put a 11-36 on the hei hei today , w the new xt der man woooo eeee!

I could tell you had your wheaties and coffee this AM.

You go whole XT groupo?

June 17, 2013, 8:21 a.m.

no i got a zee shifter…the bikes a total mish mash of parts.. i didnt have it on for ydays ride. put it on after work…2x10..34/22x11/36… boot hill climbing !

June 17, 2013, 11:10 a.m.

It is understandable why one might wonder at the cost/benefit of suing 19 folks for $3500.00 in damages (just the truck).

However, you might want to look at para's 458 and 459. of the N.oC.C.

Putting aside the possible typo - the allegation, not proven in court, is that all the defendant's named are "joint tortfeasers". Basically, they participated in a ongoing criminal act and are therefore responsible for all damages resultant from that criminal act.

An analogy (not a good one- it's Monday) would be that two bank robbers go into a bank. One shoots a teller, the other drives a get-a-way car that runs down a cyclist. Q: who is to be held accountable for the death of the teller and who is to be held responsible for the death of the cyclist? A: both of them. They both participated in a crime that resulted in two deaths and they are both responsible.

Also, with respect to the cost benefit- even if we treat each vehicle as a separate act- there is still good reason to sue all who may have participated:
1) It is harder for any one individual to say - duuude wasn't me it was the Mr. Pro guy whom you didn't sue who trashed that truck; and
2) each are jointly and severally liable - which is to say - if ICBC gets judgement against all but only one has assets, ICBC can recover the whole amount from that one. For example, if the fellow who is currently a guest of her majesty is found guilty along with someone with assets - it is likely that ICBC would only try to actually collect from the one with assets.

In any event - it will be interesting to see if anyone actually files a statement of defence, or takes real steps to defend this action. I want to see if a judge treats these as separate and distinct acts (for example the torching of the truck is one act, the trashing of the Bently another) as opposed to one ongoing criminal act (the Riot)- to me this is a very live issue.

But more importantly and generally- if you wreck somebody's shit - make it right. And never, ever -F**K with another man's tools. Everyone knows this. Why are we so concerned about some folks being reminded of it by ICBC?

If I recall, Mr. Prochazka said he didn't participate in the damage to the truck, so he gets the benefit of the doubt until the alternative is proven in a court of competent jurisdiction (sorry the Supreme Court of the Interwebs is not such a court). If he did participate, I am hopeful that he will and has done all that he can to make it right. Seems like a nice guy who did something very stupid.

June 17, 2013, 6:35 p.m.

thanks fictional cartoon lawyer

June 17, 2013, 9:32 p.m.

An analogy (not a good one- it's Monday) would be that two bank robbers go into a bank. One shoots a teller, the other drives a get-a-way car that runs down a cyclist. Q: who is to be held accountable for the death of the teller and who is to be held responsible for the death of the cyclist? A: both of them. They both participated in a crime that resulted in two deaths and they are both responsible.

But if it were Texas and someone drove someone else to the corner store not knowing that person had a gun and that person, unknown to the driver of the car, when in the store shot and kilt the store owner and later both were arrested both would be put to death by lethal injection.

True story.

Just sayin'………..

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 21, 2013, 12:26 p.m.

Did Alex ever face any criminal charges?

June 21, 2013, 9:36 p.m.

Did Alex ever face any criminal charges?

WHO CARES????? HE'S A WITCH!!!! BURN HIM!!!!

Pastor of Muppets