Help with new tires?

June 30, 2016, 8:23 p.m.

I'm in the market for new tires for my Toyota Echo. I already have winter tires and rims but I have no idea where to start for all seasons. Any brand suggestions or ones to stay away from would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

June 30, 2016, 8:29 p.m.

All-seasons are really no-seasons.

From a cost-benefit perspective, I'd suggest running the winters into the ground then going to a three-season tire. I don't think an Echo warrants performance summer tires.

June 30, 2016, 8:31 p.m.

You need winter tyres in the Virgin Isls.?????????

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

June 30, 2016, 10:32 p.m.

Name brand…but made by the brand FOR the brand, not name brand made exclusively for so[HTML_REMOVED]so store, those are lower spec…whichever tread is marketed as low rolling resistance…for a little car, nothing else matters really..except price point, but even then, won't be much difference in the big picture

July 1, 2016, 6:52 a.m.

Thanks very much. I'll begin the search!

July 1, 2016, 8:23 a.m.

I've used Nokian WRG2/G3's (all weather tires) for years here in vancouver. I don't go up any mountains or whistler in the winter so I can't speak to extreme winter condition performance, but they are great tires for the lower mainland where we have rain, frost and the occasional snowfall. I have no need for dedicated snow tires.

July 1, 2016, 8:50 a.m.

actualy vancover has the worst snow conditions you will find in BC IF it snows

At -40 in PG if you can get the car started the snow will be so abrasive that the traction is awesume but usually a balmy -15 is more likely which is still good traction, even on a shit car everyone has studded snows tires so everyone goes to work/school so they learn to drive in snow cuz they have to when it snows [HTML_REMOVED]5 months of the year

At -1 in vancover the snow is very slippery, there are lots of hills/bridges lots of choke points caused by lots of drivers with no winter experiance driving cars with no snow tires

in short Vangroovy has THE worst winter conditions you will find in BC so … stay home

July 1, 2016, 11:31 a.m.

Pirelli Cinturato P7. Got a set off CL for my Vibe. Gets consistently good reviews/high ratings. New I think 1010Tires had the best price.

"The song of a bird…We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds…"-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk

July 1, 2016, 11:57 a.m.

Picked these up almost 2 years ago for our Corolla and they were a night and day difference to what was originally on the car. General Tire AltiMAX RT43, great tire at a good price…