Help! NSMB Car Mechanics

March 31, 2011, 9:44 a.m.

Am I the only one asking why she has a giant lube dispenser at her desk??

Anyways, yup you're getting hosed - take it to a reliable independant mechanic and they'll probably only recommend that you do half that stuff.

I thought it was hand sanitizer, you know for after?

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 31, 2011, 9:57 a.m.

7 years on a timing belt may be something to consider replacing soon, as well.

March 31, 2011, 10:07 a.m.

how many k on it?

March 31, 2011, 10:10 a.m.

7 years on a timing belt may be something to consider replacing soon, as well.

Depends too on how many k's he has no? Should be around 100,000km for a
change.
I think it's also a interference engine, so if it breaks say by-by to some valves, and
pistons.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

March 31, 2011, 11:39 a.m.

It'll be either 100K or 120K for the belt.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

March 31, 2011, 6:01 p.m.

Thanks everyone. I think I will go to Comptech Performance for a second opinion. I was referred to that place by a coworker too and they said they can give me a free assessment.

So far on the top of the to-do list appears to be brake fluid and the timing belt? The car's only travelled for 80,000 km despite its age, but I will be going on a road trip to Calgary soon, so I might as well get them done just in case. As for the trailing arm bushings, gasket leak and tie-rod, I will await Comptech's report on their severity.

I have been told that if I am going to have the timing belt changed, I might as well get the water pump changed too?

Anyway, I am going to get that Haynes book too. Should always learn something about my car…

March 31, 2011, 7:32 p.m.

Just talk to Mike. The guys rebuilt more Honda engines than there are days in a year.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells