Head's up: 18%

Feb. 13, 2010, 6:52 p.m.

Joe: You're a cheap-ass. We get it. Stop trying to justify it because you clearly don't have a clue about anything you are talking about, as with all other threads you post.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

Feb. 13, 2010, 7 p.m.

I thought we already covered the fact that most people aren't poppous rich realtor fucks like you gooch, eating at places for $333.33 per person for just a meal.

Stop flip flopping with your arguments to sound rich and generous. You are a dick man, if you really wanted to stand up for all the waiters out there you would try to reason with those you thing are undertipping. Your rich pompous ass attitude just creates animosity towards waiters. Grow up or shut up.

Posted via Mobile Device

You're off base. If you cant afford to pay, you cant afford to play.

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:05 p.m.

You want more tips, then provide good service. Ordering my food and not coming back for the next hour except to bring my bill does not equal a 18% tip.

this

funny, i always figured a tip is a way for the diner to thank the server for good service. a "mandatory" 18% tip does not sit well with me. if servers aren't getting paid enough and are relying on tips to supplement their income then perhaps they need to rally together for better wages. i also know that they're supposed to claim the tips as "income", but how many of them do so? i had a friend who was a hairdresser, and she only claimed a small percentage of her tips.

i have worked in the food industry and agree that it's hard work for little pay. not something i want to go back to doing again.

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:18 p.m.

Are you another bitter old waiter?

No - never worked in food services.

Why are you so bitter?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:19 p.m.

You want more tips, then provide good service. Ordering my food and not coming back for the next hour except to bring my bill does not equal a 18% tip.

Most servers seem to have a sense of entitlement when it comes to tipping therefore they do not provide the service that should be equated with the level of tipping. There are restaurants where I have actually gone and refilled my own drink in the back because our server was MIA. I have "dined and dashed" but called the manager and let them know why and that I was more than happy to pay but could not find anyone to give me my bill let alone find someone to pay.

I don't find myself waiting for food, to be seated, or any other service
over here. So it brings me back to what I've said before. The waiters see you coming
back and think "fuck this guy doesn't tip, he can rot". By not tipping, you are
perpetuating the poor service you are getting. I don't see why some of you
don't get that.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:20 p.m.

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

I'll never be as big a douchebag as you, no matter how hard I try. You and I both know that, Lee. You are the king of douchebaggery!

Posted via Mobile Device

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:24 p.m.

Oh sweety, I love you too baby noo Normy :) i just don't feel THAT way about you, so it won't work out. Don't cry, you'll find someone, my little rascal. ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Are you delusional? Maybe one day you'll learn how the real world works.

My photos | Green Avocado

Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid.

Guns kill people just like pens cause spelling mistakes, cars create drunk drivers and spoons create fat people.

PM me to learn how to use credit card bonuses to fly for free.

Feb. 13, 2010, 8:29 p.m.

I don't find myself waiting for food, to be seated, or any other service
over here. So it brings me back to what I've said before. The waiters see you coming
back and think "fuck this guy doesn't tip, he can rot". By not tipping, you are
perpetuating the poor service you are getting. I don't see why some of you
don't get that.

If I may, that is because I rarely go out, I am actually quite frugal with my money. Believe me, if you showed my pic to restaurants around my area they wouldn't know if I set foot there in the past. So your theory doesn't always work. None of this matters really, the less I go out the more they not make money off of me, I guess it is better for everyone lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

Feb. 13, 2010, 9:06 p.m.

If I may, that is because I rarely go out, I am actually quite frugal with my money. Believe me, if you showed my pic to restaurants around my area they wouldn't know if I set foot there in the past. So your theory doesn't always work. None of this matters really, the less I go out the more they not make money off of me, I guess it is better for everyone lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

First off, you'd be amazed at how quick you can pick out cheap people when they
walk in. How they dress, act, questions they ask, attitude, etc.

A server also knows how you'll tip by what you order most of the time. You want
good service, order a bottle of wine, not a glass of water. Don't order a meal
and ask for a plate to share with the person you're with. If you go in say you're
just having water, then order a side salad, and you and your wife will split a
small fish and chips, you're going to feel like you're crossing the desert.

Second, a servers work day is shitty enough. If they make $5.00 less from you
and they can spend that extra time with their other customers, they'll double
what they lost from you.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Feb. 13, 2010, 9:42 p.m.

You can shop at Zellers with Canadian Tire money?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 13, 2010, 11:11 p.m.

I think Lee just ended this thread.

:lol:

Feb. 13, 2010, 11:51 p.m.

Angry Lee for the win.

www.thisiswhy.co.uk

www.teamnfi.blogspot.com/

Feb. 14, 2010, 7:20 a.m.

limps away from the fight he ended alright :hurt:

Angry Lee for the win.

can't fight angry Lee :007:

Damn for a ugly douche
like him he sure has his way with words. He should write a book.

Feb. 14, 2010, 9:10 a.m.

:lol: Joe Kickass FTL.. How's the 8th layer of internet hell treating you Joe? :lol:

Being cheap is OK. Being a clueless sanctimonious condescending douchebag is just Vlad's MO.

Feb. 14, 2010, 9:31 a.m.

I liked joe better when he was discowitch.

So many freaks, so few circuses.