Head's up: 18%

Feb. 13, 2010, 9:54 a.m.

Hypa, if the economy is affecting him so much, then instead of bitching about small tips he should cut out extravagant dining experiences, that will free up at least $300 per meal.

Feb. 13, 2010, 10:03 a.m.

I thought we already covered the fact that most people aren't poppous rich realtor fucks like you gooch, eating at places for $333.33 per person for just a meal.

Got anger issues, or what?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 13, 2010, 10:37 a.m.

Got anger issues, or what?

No, just responding in kind ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:06 p.m.

I thought we already covered the fact that most people aren't poppous rich realtor fucks like you gooch, eating at places for $333.33 per person for just a meal.

Posted via Mobile Device

Isn't it pompous?

"Posted via Mobile Device" Irony.

"i surf because, i"m always a better person when i come in"-Andy Irons

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:12 p.m.

Isn't it pompous?

"Posted via Mobile Device" Irony.

Oh wow, you found a spelling error, here:

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:14 p.m.

lol at people complaining.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:17 p.m.

Yeah, another no brainer. You tip based on the total after tax, if you don't like how much the tax is
vote.

you don't tip on tax.

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:17 p.m.

Oh wow, you found a spelling error, here:

If you didn't get that, there's no hope of you understanding how and why you should
tip. :lol:

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:21 p.m.

you don't tip on tax.

There supposed to pay taxes on Gross sales, not net, and servers tip out based
on gross sales not net.

But if it makes you feel better, go for it. I don't wait tables any more, an neither
does my wife (at least not yet). I would prefer to dig ditches in the rain with a pick
and shovel than wait on table again.

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:27 p.m.

There supposed to pay taxes on Gross sales, not net, and servers tip out based
on gross sales not net.

But if it makes you feel better, go for it. I don't wait tables any more, an neither
does my wife (at least not yet). I would prefer to dig ditches in the rain with a pick
and shovel than wait on table again.

Again speaking as a customer, tip out is not my problem.

Seems to me that servers need to stand up to the system to make it equitable, as opposed to everyone just assuming that an 15-18% grat is a mandatory part of the bill.

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:29 p.m.

Between the upcoming HST and the "mandatory" 18% tip out, I think I'll just go out to dinner less often. I guess that's better for everyone isn't it… less tips, less revenue…

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:38 p.m.

Hearing gooch and HIBuLlitT bitch and complain makes me think that the industry is all f-ed up. How is that my problem?

You know, tellers in banks are paid little to nothing and guess what, they don't get tips. I am not saying I don't want to tip, not at all, it is customary and I do what I think is right. But I sure as hell shouldn't look for a part time job in every industry I use to understand the intricacies of their business to be able to judge appropriate amount of gratuity. Don't like the industry, don't work there.

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:49 p.m.

I am cheap…

You could have stopped posting after that statement.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

Feb. 13, 2010, 5:58 p.m.

You want more tips, then provide good service. Ordering my food and not coming back for the next hour except to bring my bill does not equal a 18% tip.

Most servers seem to have a sense of entitlement when it comes to tipping therefore they do not provide the service that should be equated with the level of tipping. There are restaurants where I have actually gone and refilled my own drink in the back because our server was MIA. I have "dined and dashed" but called the manager and let them know why and that I was more than happy to pay but could not find anyone to give me my bill let alone find someone to pay.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

Feb. 13, 2010, 6:40 p.m.

You could have stopped posting after that statement.

Are you another bitter old waiter?

Just out of curiosity, how much does an average waiter make in a year?
Posted via Mobile Device