Headbangers- brace yourself!

May 20, 2004, 8:11 p.m.

Lookie here- looks like some of the classic bangers need some ca$h:

Sabbath reuniting for Ozzfest
NEW YORK (AP) - Black Sabbath will reunite for Ozzfest, which begins July 10 in Hartford, Conn., according to the Ozzfest Web site.

Original Black Sabbath members Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, and Osbourne-solo band member Mike Bordin, will perform 26 shows. It will be their first live appearance since 2001.

"Since the April 27 release of the CD/DVD 'Black Box: The Complete Original Black Sabbath (1970-1978),' there's been enormous public demand for a Black Sabbath tour," said a posting on the Web site.

The main stage of Ozzfest also will include a reunited Judas Priest, Slayer, Dimmu Borgir, Superjoint Ritual (featuring Phil Anselmo) and Zakk Wylde's Black Label Society

May 20, 2004, 8:19 p.m.

wow its the:

"Grandpa needs a new hip" tour.

Being an agoraphobic adrenaline junkie would be pretty convenient, because you could get your rush from just going to the store to get some milk instead of having to jump off a mountain or out of an airplane.

they also call me "balloon"

May 20, 2004, 8:21 p.m.

didnt ozzy almost kill himself on a quad a few months back?

May 20, 2004, 9:50 p.m.

yes ozzy did. My friend is playing ozzfest. Hes only 15.

May 20, 2004, 10:17 p.m.

HOLY CRAP!!!

Are they coming to VAncouver!![HTML_REMOVED]???

*FLY TRINITY! FLY!*

██████ L I V E S T R O N G ██████

SEVEN STRAIGHT SUCKA!

May 20, 2004, 10:37 p.m.

I thought maybe you were gonna post this link….
http://www.traum4tized.com/mosh/mosh.html

May 21, 2004, 10:37 a.m.

Originally posted by BuckChoklit
**HOLY CRAP!!!

Are they coming to VAncouver!![HTML_REMOVED]??? **

No they aren't and neither will any other big production tour be coming to any Canadian ciy any time soon.
I forget all the details but there was a rather long explanation on CFNY 102.1 The Edge here in TO as to why, anyway it worked out that they couldn't make enough money from shows in Canadian cities to offset the cost of paying the bands, mostly due to the Canadian dollar and bands contracts saying they get paid in US currency. There was more to it then that but that's the jist of the reason. I'm not sure I buy into it.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West"

May 21, 2004, 12:09 p.m.

Originally posted by Curtis
No they aren't and neither will any other big production tour be coming to any Canadian ciy any time soon.
I forget all the details but there was a rather long explanation on CFNY 102.1 The Edge here in TO as to why, anyway it worked out that they couldn't make enough money from shows in Canadian cities to offset the cost of paying the bands, mostly due to the Canadian dollar and bands contracts saying they get paid in US currency. There was more to it then that but that's the jist of the reason. I'm not sure I buy into it.

that drives me crazy… after a while shouldnt it be about the rock and roll too and not just the amount of money they make off it?! fuck im angerd :(

May 21, 2004, 12:22 p.m.

^
I couldn't agree more, I love music, all kinds, especially head banging, a ticket for Ozzfest would have to be around $80-$90 something in order for the production companies just to break even.
Perl Jam was one of the first bands I ever herd of standing up for the fan when they refused to charge what TicketMaster wanted to charge for their ticket back in the mid '90s do you remeber the huge legal battel that 'caused. What really pisses me off is that Perl Jam lost ten of thousands of dollars doing what they beleived in and it hasn't made a damn differance.

"There's a feeling I get when I look to the West"