He Who Must Not Be Named

Dec. 19, 2022, 9:33 a.m.

Posted by: Adam-West

This has to be money laundering. Then again his fan club is pretty dumb

Probably 50/50.  It really is a perfect laundering scheme.  Any time you can take something that is non-existent and worthless and turn it into cash from randos you can launder money.

Dec. 21, 2022, 12:33 p.m.

Here come the tax returns.  I’m sure it’s all above board.

Feb. 18, 2023, 1:53 p.m.

Debated about where to put this as it fits in a number of threads. But as it's ultimately about the fake news of the election being stolen or rigged this is probably a good place. The site may be one you haven't heard of before and I've seen a questionable article from them before, but this one looks to get things right. I'll include a direct link to the youtube clip as well.

https://www.lancastercourier.com/2023/02/18/ari-melber-busts-fox-insiders-false-narrative-in-less-than-60-seconds/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnrt7Bh9NlU

Feb. 18, 2023, 6:25 p.m.

Imagine how utterly lost you'd be if you got all of your news from a purely partisan source 

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/18/1157972219/fox-news-election-fraud-claims-vs-what-they-knew

Last edited by: Hepcat on Feb. 18, 2023, 6:28 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 18, 2023, 7:54 p.m.

So… Riots this Tuesday?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-calls-protests-ahead-potential-tuesday-arrest-1788695?amp=1

March 20, 2023, 9:47 a.m.

Posted by: syncro

Debated about where to put this as it fits in a number of threads. But as it's ultimately about the fake news of the election being stolen or rigged this is probably a good place. The site may be one you haven't heard of before and I've seen a questionable article from them before, but this one looks to get things right. I'll include a direct link to the youtube clip as well.

https://www.lancastercourier.com/2023/02/18/ari-melber-busts-fox-insiders-false-narrative-in-less-than-60-seconds/

The problem that Fox has is that they support wanna-be fascists by grooming their supporters and the only way to do that is to promote their lies. Fascists don't convince people what they should believe, they tell people what they must believe, so blatant lies are part of the plan. The Republicans have little left in the way of a recognizable platform because it they don't follow an ideology anymore. They just want power at any cost, just like all fascists. It is all tribalism.

So what Fox has shown is that the American legal system can still go after them for lying even though it seems powerless to stop the politicians that start spreading the lies in the first place. Fox is on the hook for hundreds of millions, but Rudy and the clown show that pushed the lie are still wandering around free. To make it worse the only way Fox is making any money today is with their best liars (Tucker, et al). It would appear that they are totally fucked but who knows.

Ari Melber has a lot of decent takes even if he is on MSNBC.

Last edited by: chupacabra on March 20, 2023, 9:48 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 20, 2023, 9:49 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

So… Riots this Tuesday?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-calls-protests-ahead-potential-tuesday-arrest-1788695?amp=1

I don't think Trump knows much more than we do, but I would love to see a perp walk.

March 20, 2023, 10:48 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

The problem that Fox has is that they support wanna-be fascists by grooming their supporters and the only way to do that is to promote their lies. Fascists don't convince people what they should believe, they tell people what they must believe, so blatant lies are part of the plan. The Republicans have little left in the way of a recognizable platform because it they don't follow an ideology anymore. They just want power at any cost, just like all fascists. It is all tribalism.

So what Fox has shown is that the American legal system can still go after them for lying even though it seems powerless to stop the politicians that start spreading the lies in the first place. Fox is on the hook for hundreds of millions, but Rudy and the clown show that pushed the lie are still wandering around free. To make it worse the only way Fox is making any money today is with their best liars (Tucker, et al). It would appear that they are totally fucked but who knows.

Ari Melber has a lot of decent takes even if he is on MSNBC.

Yup. But as long as they are making money and dodging lawsuits under the guise of "freedom of the press" - even though Murdoch has admitted they're entertainment - then they unfortunately are going to stick around.

March 30, 2023, 7:43 p.m.

First former President of the United States to be charged with a criminal offence.  Next few days might be interesting.

March 31, 2023, 9:39 a.m.

maybe its part of his re-election strategy which seems to be nowhere at this point ?

March 31, 2023, 12:44 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

maybe its part of his re-election strategy which seems to be nowhere at this point ?

Hows that supposed to get him re elected?

March 31, 2023, 1:53 p.m.

The deplorables will come out of the woodwork to vote for him because political persecution.

Interestingly, there is nothing in the constitution preventing a convicted felon from running for president. In 1920 a dude who was serving time in federal prison ran for president and got 3% of the vote.

March 31, 2023, 2:13 p.m.

exactly ^^ a lot of Trump's base that vote for him are pretty stupid so good or bad you can't beat the kind of FREE advertising that becoming an indictated felon will give and he was getting indicted anyhow, I wonder how/ if it was timed ?

I just seen a paywalled artical and there might have been 2 felons who ran for pres

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-arrest-analysis-1.6797036

the latest form CBC on what could happen with the arrest

Last edited by: XXX_er on March 31, 2023, 2:54 p.m., edited 3 times in total.
March 31, 2023, 3:28 p.m.

It's telling that none of the bozos that moan on and on about western degeneracy seem bothered by this. In their world this is just one of the totally fine perks of being a wealthy man. 

Just like how him not paying construction workers is really smart because it made him richer and they all get paid too much anyways, unlike Trump who earned all his wealth.

April 3, 2023, 9:15 a.m.

Posted by: KenN

The deplorables will come out of the woodwork to vote for him because political persecution.

Interestingly, there is nothing in the constitution preventing a convicted felon from running for president. In 1920 a dude who was serving time in federal prison ran for president and got 3% of the vote.

The deplorables come out of the woodwork for him anyway and the last 2 elections showed that people come out of the woodwork to vote against him in even larger numbers so it is a net loss.  The only way to improve his chances of winning is if he can convince more of the undecided voters to come over to his side but there are few of those left and being indicted only works against him with this crowd.  I wouldn't doubt that this is his strategy, but it won't work if he gets through the primaries.

He also is hoping for violence and I think he has a good chance of succeeding.