He Who Must Not Be Named

Nov. 9, 2022, 7:57 a.m.

Posted by: FLATCH

An alt-right propaganda machine? You’re not on Facebook?

I am not on FB either.  I dropped it ages ago when I realized none of my actual friends used it.  Is the alt-right content mostly based out of the US?  It would explain why so many mouth breathers think we have the 2nd amendment.

Nov. 9, 2022, 8 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

I legit thought America was going to grab that fascist brass ring hard last night.  Glad to be wrong on that.

So now what happens with Trump and the GOP?  He’s clearly an anchor and isn’t going to leave the GOP quietly.

Ya.  Odds are decent that the Dems may even hold on to the Senate.  And Oz lost which is hilarious.  The Trump-endorsed picks did not do well while DeSantis won in a landslide.  It could be a changing of the guard since Trump is clearly an anchor to the GOP.  They will still fear they will lose his loyal following through.

Nov. 9, 2022, 8:14 a.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Posted by: FLATCH

An alt-right propaganda machine? You’re not on Facebook?

I am not on FB either. I dropped it ages ago when I realized none of my actual friends used it. Is the alt-right content mostly based out of the US? It would explain why so many mouth breathers think we have the 2nd amendment.

It’s the ultimate echo chamber for everyone’s quietly racist uncle. The top political accounts (by measurable reach) on it are hard hard right propagandists.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Nov. 9, 2022, 8:15 a.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 9, 2022, 8:57 a.m.

the best thing that could happen would be if Trump goes Independent and splits the right vote.  I was reading the comments on Fox News and the a lot of comments is Trump is an anchor to the party.  He only has a 37% approval rating and I bet that slips to the 20's soon.  His ego will never concede though

Nov. 9, 2022, 10:15 a.m.

it blows my mind that the republicans get as many votes as they do. what a cancer on society.

Nov. 9, 2022, 1:07 p.m.

Posted by: LoamtoHome

the best thing that could happen would be if Trump goes Independent and splits the right vote.  I was reading the comments on Fox News and the a lot of comments is Trump is an anchor to the party.  He only has a 37% approval rating and I bet that slips to the 20's soon.  His ego will never concede though

I was hoping for this after he lost the last election, but I think it has a better chance now.  He polls low, DeSantis is a smarter repulsive alternative, and his endorsements were an albatross around their collective necks.  I am sure a new party that splits the right is one of Mitch McConnell's greatest fears.  Trump could continue pandering to the evangelicals and would syphon a lot of support from the GOP if he ever went solo.  If he can keep the grift going he would do it, and who better than gullible bible thumpers?  Creflo Dollar could run as his Veep.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGOEt1PCWio

Nov. 12, 2022, 9:35 a.m.

LOL - Maher taking a victory troll lap on the Don

https://youtu.be/pPdd5w5S_hU

Nov. 12, 2022, 11:45 a.m.

some interesting graphics from twitter this morning

Nov. 12, 2022, 11:47 a.m.

Nov. 12, 2022, 12:05 p.m.

Posted by: syncro

some interesting graphics from twitter this morning

Critical thinking makes me wonder how this is possible. Most couples would then need to be politically opposed to each other, unless gay men are all on team red.

Last edited by: heckler on Nov. 12, 2022, 1:17 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Nov. 12, 2022, 12:20 p.m.

Posted by: heckler

Critical thinking makes me wonder how this is possible.  Most couples would then need to be politically opposed to each other, unless gay men are all on team red.

Yeah, it does bring up some interesting questions in that regard. The results themselves are not surprising though considering that women are typically more collaborative and empathetic than men. My guess is that politics is something a lot of couples don't have deep discussions on as it can cause too much friction in the relationship. You also need to consider that in 2020 you had fairly polarizing figures, one baked on his "image" of strength and bravado and the other who presented a more gentle image. 

I'd also guess that many of the men who voted Trump in 2020 also subscribe to the financial advice of crossing the street from that other thread.

Nov. 14, 2022, 2:20 a.m.

The whole political system is definitely up for much-needed reforms, too bad that probably both parties (should be way more parties) do not share that sentiment.

Nov. 14, 2022, 8:40 a.m.

Posted by: Mic

The whole political system is definitely up for much-needed reforms, too bad that probably both parties (should be way more parties) do not share that sentiment.

Nah.  Both parties agree there should be change to the political system.

The Dems would like to improve the system, the GOP would like to eliminate voting and move to autocratic fascism.

Nov. 14, 2022, 9:54 a.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

Nah.  Both parties agree there should be change to the political system.

The Dems would like to improve the system, the GOP would like to eliminate voting and move to autocratic fascism.

6 of one half dozen of the other

Nov. 14, 2022, 11:55 a.m.

This is a big reason America is so messed up and I don't think they will ever be able to change it.

In 2020 the Senate was split evenly 50/50, but 42 million more Americans voted for a Democrat for senator.

There is also the election of the POTUS and the electoral college advantage.  Biden landed 306 EC votes in 2020 by beating Trump by 7 million votes and Trump won the exact same number of EC votes in 2016 by losing to Hillary by 3 million votes.

There is gerrymandering in Congress.  I have no idea how many extra seats the GOP picks up from they clearly have an advantage.

Lastly, since the GOP has all the other advantages it gives them more judges including 6 of 9 supreme court justices even though they haven't won the popular presidential vote in 18 years.  

And after all these structural advantages they still cheat.