He Who Must Not Be Named

Aug. 14, 2022, 8:14 a.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Posted by: Sethimus

i‘d build that wall if i was canada

Things aren't much better up here. Half the guys driving lifted Rams are just about ready to join a right wing death squad.

Especially the ones with their tow mirrors out and no hitch. lol.

Aug. 15, 2022, 1:42 p.m.

Well hey, no one will be above the law, right?

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1559212852334022656?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1559212852334022656%7Ctwgr%5E2b70a71b45ac10dd0d75da591fa251d7816b5997%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.huffpost.com%2Fentry%2Fdonald-trump-2016-video-classified-info_n_62fa97a6e4b06389482c98df

Aug. 15, 2022, 2:39 p.m.

I would love to see his Wiki page in 50 years.

Aug. 15, 2022, 4:49 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

I would love to see his Wiki page in 50 years.

It'll just say "no collusion" in sloppily written purple crayon.

Aug. 17, 2022, 2:28 p.m.

So any predictions on what comes next?  I think the search warrant set the timer for an American shitstorm.  If they indict Trump shit hits the fan and the alt-right posses hit the streets.  If they whiff and do nothing Trump gets elected and democracy in America is over.  I guess I'll take the alt-right armed terrorists, but this will not be pretty.  Timothy McVeigh's will come out of the woodwork.  I can almost smell the freedom from here.

Aug. 18, 2022, 9:35 a.m.

ruh-roh...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/18/politics/allen-weisselberg-pleads-guilty/index.html

Aug. 18, 2022, 9:59 a.m.

So any predictions on what comes next?  I think the search warrant set the timer for an American shitstorm.  If they indict Trump shit hits the fan and the alt-right posses hit the streets.  If they whiff and do nothing Trump gets elected and democracy in America is over.  I guess I'll take the alt-right armed terrorists, but this will not be pretty.  Timothy McVeigh's will come out of the woodwork.  I can almost smell the freedom from here.

I honestly don't feel like the DOJ would have pursued and executed a search warrant without already having all of their ducks in a row, and a virtually slam dunk case against him. Allen Weisselberg plead guilty this morning as well and will likely be cooperating. Mike Pence is looking to testify for the Jan. 6th committee. Cheney, not that I think she is particularly praise worth, is an effective tool against Trump, and is pretty much unshackled now that she lost her primary. More hearings coming in September. The Georgia probe. I don't want to make any predictions, but it's hard believing that he's going to be able to turn the tide swelling against him in his favour. There is an orange jumpsuit looming, but I somehow think he'll make some deal that keeps him out of prison AND out of office. 

I think any further domestic terrorism actually hurts Trump more than it helps him. Eventually Fox News, OAN and Newsmax will cut their losses and move on to shilling for DeSantis.

Aug. 19, 2022, 9:05 a.m.

Posted by: Schnickelfritz

I honestly don't feel like the DOJ would have pursued and executed a search warrant without already having all of their ducks in a row, and a virtually slam dunk case against him. Allen Weisselberg plead guilty this morning as well and will likely be cooperating. Mike Pence is looking to testify for the Jan. 6th committee. Cheney, not that I think she is particularly praise worth, is an effective tool against Trump, and is pretty much unshackled now that she lost her primary. More hearings coming in September. The Georgia probe. I don't want to make any predictions, but it's hard believing that he's going to be able to turn the tide swelling against him in his favour. There is an orange jumpsuit looming, but I somehow think he'll make some deal that keeps him out of prison AND out of office. 

I think any further domestic terrorism actually hurts Trump more than it helps him. Eventually Fox News, OAN and Newsmax will cut their losses and move on to shilling for DeSantis.

I have been hesitant to make any predictions since I laughed at the idea of Trump beating Clinton, but I see it the same as you.  After months and months of pussy footing around and everyone criticizing Garland for not taking action I can't imagine that he would suddenly drop the ball and raid Mara Lago without a mountain of evidence behind it.  I doubt any judge would sign off on it if there wasn't a really good case.  At the back of everyone's mind at this point is this idea that Cheeto Benito can skate past anything with some slick double talk and a bunch of shady lawyers but it seems like everything is turning against him.  He is such a massive asshole and the people that back him are all weasels, so if the time comes that someone else is a better meal ticket for them they will turn on Trump.  Maybe.  Or he skates again is re-elected and fiddles while America burns.  Fiddles his nuts that is since we know he doesn't have the attention span or rhythm to learn an instrument.

Aug. 22, 2022, 2:27 a.m.

Read an interesting interview at The Guardian yesterday, about Rusty Bowers who was speaker of the House of Reps in Arizona and who ultimately got ousted. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/aug/20/rusty-bowers-interview-trump-arizona-republicans

I am really curious about the next two years.

"You don't learn from experience. You learn from reflecting on the experience."
- Kristen Ulmer

Aug. 22, 2022, 1:20 p.m.

/\What a smashing final act to this shit show it would be if Liz Chaney wins the republican primary for president.

Aug. 22, 2022, 1:47 p.m.

Posted by: Hepcat

/\What a smashing final act to this shit show it would be if Liz Chaney wins the republican primary for president.

not gonna happen.  although, agree with the entertainment value of the idea.

i'd settle for her getting on a debate stage with trump during the primary.

Last edited by: Couch_Surfer on Aug. 22, 2022, 1:48 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Aug. 22, 2022, 5:01 p.m.

I have been hesitant to make any predictions since I laughed at the idea of Trump beating Clinton

Sept. 2, 2022, 6:46 p.m.

Hilarity from meme world over the release of photos/evidence from the Trump warrant

Sept. 3, 2022, 9:24 a.m.

I've been impatiently waiting for the day this piece of human garbage gets some kind of penalty  but here we are 5 years later, still waiting, and I still have my doubts it will ever happen. What does it have to take for that country to stand up for itself?

Sept. 3, 2022, 11:44 a.m.

So of the documents recovered by the FBI at Mar-a-lago included 40 empty folders marked classified?  I’m curious what level espionage or self-incrimination was in those docs.

Any normal person would be in jail facing charges already.  The more Trump pushes back (in the stupidest ways possible) the more he forces the DOJ into bringing charges.