He Who Must Not Be Named

Sept. 27, 2022, 10:05 a.m.

Posted by: Sethimus

Posted by: heckler

Institutions like the Reichstag building in Berlin.

the people who build that are responsible for all the things that are wrong in germany which are the reasons i don’t live there anymore.

Wherever you live, I guarantee the capitol building flies it’s national flag.

Sept. 27, 2022, 12:36 p.m.

the people who build that are responsible for all the things that are wrong in germany which are the reasons i don’t live there anymore.

Wherever you live, I guarantee the capitol building flies it’s national flag.

what’s your point exactly?

Sept. 27, 2022, 3:09 p.m.

Why would I ever feel patriotic to a country that was created via the elimination of everyone who was living here beforehand and is now nothing more than a big resource extraction company with health care?

And before anyone says it the fact that other countries have worse living standards isn't good enough. Some other countries actually have better living standards so the point is moot.

I feel a sentimental attachment when I look north to the mountains or out into the ocean. I mean this city is my place of birth so it has a special place in my heart. But the maple leaf flag? Nope. I feel nothing when I look at that symbol.

Last edited by: Fast-Orange on Sept. 27, 2022, 3:09 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 27, 2022, 4:35 p.m.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9155887/pierre-poilievre-denounces-abuse-against-wife/

am i the only one who sees the irony of Pierre embracing the whacko nutjob rightwingers

who then want to rape his wife ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 27, 2022, 4:35 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 27, 2022, 4:39 p.m.

Posted by: XXX_er

https://globalnews.ca/news/9155887/pierre-poilievre-denounces-abuse-against-wife/

am i the only one who sees the irony of Pierre embracing the whacko nutjob rightwingers

who then want to rape his wife ?

Riding on a Tiger's back is fucking awesome until you fall off and it eats you.

Sept. 27, 2022, 4:59 p.m.

I know its asking alot from the average NBR camper but read the whole global news artical and consider where your conservative PM hopeful has been dabbling,

does he now have to distance himself from the " odious " and " the losers " ?

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 27, 2022, 5 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
Sept. 27, 2022, 5:34 p.m.

I know its asking alot from the average NBR camper but read the whole global news artical and consider where your conservative PM hopeful has been dabbling,

does he now have to distance himself from the " odious " and " the losers " ?

If he condemns them too hard they'll just vote ppc and split the right vote and Justin will rule us until the end of time lol 

I'm honestly hoping Pierre wins. I feel like there are a bunch of people in this country that are literally gonna go full terrorist eventually if they have to keep looking at Justin. Conservative PM might even cool the temperature a little bit.

Sept. 27, 2022, 8:15 p.m.

Posted by: Fast-Orange

Why would I ever feel patriotic to a country that was created via the elimination of everyone who was living here beforehand and is now nothing more than a big resource extraction company with health care?

And before anyone says it the fact that other countries have worse living standards isn't good enough. Some other countries actually have better living standards so the point is moot.

I feel a sentimental attachment when I look north to the mountains or out into the ocean. I mean this city is my place of birth so it has a special place in my heart. But the maple leaf flag? Nope. I feel nothing when I look at that symbol.

Its a a sad thing when you cant be proud of who we are as a whole, and who we can become.

You will shit on the opportunities this country has afforded you and millions of others, but still take advantage of them without shame.

Shut the door on your way out.

Sept. 27, 2022, 8:21 p.m.

how many Odious losers do you really think there are out there, are there are enough over fed gingers with black dodge ram PU's  avec fuck turdeau stickers flying the obligatory Canadian flags, does this kind of thing play in the 905 where the election is actualy won or lost ?

Sept. 27, 2022, 8:28 p.m.

how many Odious losers do you really think there are out there, are there are enough over fed gingers with black dodge ram PU's  avec fuck turdeau stickers flying the obligatory Canadian flags, does this kind of thing play in the 905 where the election is actualy won or lost ?

Similar financial situations had the pc party taking southern ontario back in the 80's and introducing us to the gentleman from. Baie comeau

Sept. 27, 2022, 8:48 p.m.

I'm almost certain there are people on this site who's wives are not white enough for the odious losers

but they were just drunk when they said all that shit eh

where these odious losers/ former pierre lovers are coming form is pretty sick

I can't believe he used them to the ends of the con party but it would appear he has

and now he hopes they go away but the Libs will keep bring this up cuz its just so fucked

Last edited by: XXX_er on Sept. 27, 2022, 8:52 p.m., edited 2 times in total.
Sept. 28, 2022, 2:32 p.m.

institutions like the five eyes and echelon?

No, not like those.  One is a surveillance program and the other is a building.  I am talking about our laws and the system that keeps us all operating within those laws.  2 people can be patriotic and disagree about the laws that should be in place, but they both agree that the system must stay intact and that we all live within it.  The Reichstag hardly represents adhering to the rule of law.  Nationalists don't care about having free and fair institutions.  They hate them because it puts them on the same level as the people they believe are not "true" citizens and stops them from making up the rules as they go.

Sept. 28, 2022, 2:37 p.m.

not much different in my opinion.

Are you saying that the buildings are similar, that Canada's government and Germany's are similar, or (I hope not this one) that the current Liberal Govt is "not much different" than the Nazis?  Or something else since both buildings have been around a long time?

Sept. 28, 2022, 4:50 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Its a a sad thing when you cant be proud of who we are as a whole, and who we can become.

You will shit on the opportunities this country has afforded you and millions of others, but still take advantage of them without shame.

Patriotism at its best makes people feel pride in accomplishments they didn't make. 

At it's worst it makes us hate people we've never met. 

I'll always do my best to make where I live a better place but my dream for humanity is one day we ditch all the flags and borders and evolve beyond such divisive concepts. I don't shit on the good things our country has to offer but given our resource wealth and strategic positioning it's pathetic crumbs. You think anyone deserves any cookies for the current economic conditions and services offered for average Canadians? What exactly are we celebrating here? Basic human rights? Contrary to popular belief most of the world has that. It doesn't make us special and we should stop using it as a shield against any and all criticism.

Sept. 28, 2022, 11:52 p.m.

Posted by: three-sheets

Patriotism at its best makes people feel pride in accomplishments they didn't make. 

At it's worst it makes us hate people we've never met. 

I'll always do my best to make where I live a better place but my dream for humanity is one day we ditch all the flags and borders and evolve beyond such divisive concepts. I don't shit on the good things our country has to offer but given our resource wealth and strategic positioning it's pathetic crumbs. You think anyone deserves any cookies for the current economic conditions and services offered for average Canadians? What exactly are we celebrating here? Basic human rights? Contrary to popular belief most of the world has that. It doesn't make us special and we should stop using it as a shield against any and all criticism.

europe of regions by alfred heineken was such a good plan :(