He Who Must Not Be Named

March 4, 2022, 12:48 p.m.

Since the infamous T***p thread was unceremoniously exterminated, is anyone following the Jan 6 investigation or are you all war news obsessed.  In normal times this would be the most important story of the decade, but it seems today it is somewhere between the obituaries and the classifieds.

March 4, 2022, 12:56 p.m.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4T8m_sEBYCc

March 4, 2022, 1:21 p.m.

Posted by: chupacabra

Since the infamous T***p thread was unceremoniously exterminated, is anyone following the Jan 6 investigation or are you all war news obsessed.  In normal times this would be the most important story of the decade, but it seems today it is somewhere between the obituaries and the classifieds.

Definitely been watching lately, I suspect that a lot of the findings of the Jan. 6 committee, as well as the in-person congressional hearings are going to be televised closer to the mid-terms. 

The Oath Keeper pleading guilty to Seditious Conspiracy was pretty intriguing though.

March 4, 2022, 1:54 p.m.

I’m watching.

My big question is which prosecutor will be the first to actually charge him with a crime.   Or will it be none of them.

If any non-former President had done some of the things that are being investigated, charges would already have been brought to bear.

March 4, 2022, 2:36 p.m.

I am convinced that nothing is going to come of it, and I really hope that I'm wrong.

March 4, 2022, 2:43 p.m.

Posted by: Couch_Surfer

I’m watching.

My big question is which prosecutor will be the first to actually charge him with a crime.   Or will it be none of them.

If any non-former President had done some of the things that are being investigated, charges would already have been brought to bear.

The two prosecutors leading the fraud investigation quitting was concerning.

March 7, 2022, noon

Posted by: Ride.DMC

I am convinced that nothing is going to come of it, and I really hope that I'm wrong.

It is hard to believe anything else considering what we have seen so far, but I remain hopeful.  His approval rating is tanking so if that keeps going the people around him might throw him under the bus.  Being Putin's bitch can't be helping his image at the moment.

March 7, 2022, 3:27 p.m.

Posted by: Ride.DMC

It is hard to believe anything else considering what we have seen so far, but I remain hopeful.  His approval rating is tanking so if that keeps going the people around him might throw him under the bus.  Being Putin's bitch can't be helping his image at the moment.

He's way ahead in the early Republican primary polling, and with the amount of ground work that the Republican party has laid into voter disenfranchisement, voter suppression and placing 'stop the steal' plants into state level election administration, I'm not so confident. 

I think that if he doesn't see the inside of a jail cell, he'll be back in the White House.

March 7, 2022, 7:26 p.m.

The world has gone fucking mad.

March 7, 2022, 8:52 p.m.

Posted by: thaaad

I think moments like this are just a weird and crazy phase. Nero did not last long, as did that one Austrian. Ideas that are based on fear and hatred do not really work out in the end, I think.

March 8, 2022, 8:53 p.m.

Posted by: Mic

I think moments like this are just a weird and crazy phase. Nero did not last long, as did that one Austrian. Ideas that are based on fear and hatred do not really work out in the end, I think.

They can do a lot of damage and kill a lot of people in a very short amount of time though.  That's what's so frightening.

March 9, 2022, 10:05 a.m.

Watch this if you want to crank up your anxiety.  I for one welcome our Chinese overlords.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguam0TKMw8

March 24, 2022, 3:20 p.m.

I guess the Times has the recently-resigned-prosecutor's letter of resignation. Hopefully this will actually put some pressure on the DOJ. Just another rich f*ck not being held accountable for clear crimes.

As you know from our recent conversations and presentations, I believe that Donald Trump is guilty of numerous felony violations of the Penal Law in connection with the preparation and use of his annual Statements of Financial Condition. His financial statements were false, and he has a long history of fabricating information relating to his personal finances and lying about his assets to banks, the national media, counterparties, and many others, including the American people. The team that has been investigating Mr. Trump harbors no doubt about whether he committed crimes — he did....

...I fear that your decision means that Mr. Trump will not be held fully accountable for his crimes. I have worked too hard as a lawyer, and for too long, now to become a passive participant in what I believe to be a grave failure of justice. I therefore resign from my position as a Special Assistant District Attorney, effective immediately.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/nyregion/mark-pomerantz-resignation-letter.html

Last edited by: Schnickelfritz on March 24, 2022, 3:51 p.m., edited 1 time in total.
March 25, 2022, 2:05 p.m.

Watch this if you want to crank up your anxiety.  I for one welcome our Chinese overlords.

Thanks a lot for the offer, but I politely decline. 

There is so much going on that we simply can not foresee the near or distant future. My life is so busy at the moment that I have very little energy left for stuff like that.

March 30, 2022, 12:33 p.m.

Thanks a lot for the offer, but I politely decline. 

There is so much going on that we simply can not foresee the near or distant future. My life is so busy at the moment that I have very little energy left for stuff like that.

It's about the decline of the American empire, so compared to climate change it's not that bad.