HD TV upgrade

Dec. 28, 2009, 11:56 a.m.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a great deal on a good midrange AVR, check out the Sound Room on Broadway. They're selling a Yamaha (RXV1900, methinks) regularly priced at $15hun for just under a grand. That's a third off the top.

http://www.soundroom.ca/~soundroo/yamaha_electronics.php

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

Dec. 28, 2009, 12:24 p.m.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a great deal on a good midrange AVR, check out the Sound Room on Broadway. They're selling a Yamaha (RXV1900, methinks) regularly priced at $15hun for just under a grand. That's a third off the top.

http://www.soundroom.ca/~soundroo/yamaha_electronics.php

Kn.

I paid 1100 for my 1800 at A[HTML_REMOVED]B before they went under. I have been holding it for a friend but i leave in a week.

Amazing amp and the Direct mode is awesome for straight music, make sure to have some speakers that can match.

Dec. 30, 2009, 9:05 p.m.

I know what you mean….

yeah, for you most people look like short stocky gnomes.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Dec. 30, 2009, 9:44 p.m.

yeah, for you most people look like short stocky gnomes.

Don't hate the height, hate the game.

"X is for x-ray. If you've been bikin' and you haven't had an x-ray, you ain't goin' hard enough." - Bob Roll

Dec. 31, 2009, 9:26 a.m.

Am I an "HD snob" if I mock the stupidity of people who buy a wide screen TV, but only subscribe to SD channels and run the TV in stretch mode? I find it annoying to watch programming where all the people look like short, stocky gnomes because of the distortion from stretching the picture.

Kn.

Thats how I watch tv. I mock the stupidity of people who pay big bucks for big fat tv and only watch 32 inches of it most of the time.

Dec. 31, 2009, 9:31 a.m.

Thats how I watch tv. I mock the stupidity of people who pay big bucks for big fat tv and only watch 32 inches of it most of the time.

You missed this key point:

I've been 99% HD for about 4 years now. Everything else looks like schit. Sometimes there's something on a non-HD channel that I want to watch, so I put up with crapD for the odd program.

Kn.

All 50 inches are filled, almost all the time!

Kn.

Jan. 3, 2010, 4:17 p.m.

Hey Mr.Fungle!

Whats new?

Jan. 3, 2010, 4:35 p.m.

With the Pioneer I'm trying to get ahead - buy higher end, get the features I want plus some new stuff that's just hitting the market. Like an Ethernet port for connecting to home network so you can stream internet TV and radio from your PC to the home theater. And an ipod dock for connecting directly to the digital stream from the ipod, rather than listening to audio via the cheap $10 DAC built into the ipod.

Kn.

new comps are coming with hdmi outs, makes the ethernet cnxn basically useless.

We don't know what our limits are, so to start something with the idea of being limited actually ends up limiting us.
Ellen Langer

Jan. 3, 2010, 4:53 p.m.

new comps are coming with hdmi outs, makes the ethernet cnxn basically useless.

Actually, the Ethernet can connect directly to internet radio stations and get firmware upgrades w/o a comp, so there's some benefit.

Kn.

Jan. 3, 2010, 5:08 p.m.

the firmware upgrades are the one good thing

Ellen Langer

Jan. 3, 2010, 5:09 p.m.

All 50 inches are filled, almost all the time!

that's what she said.

Jan. 3, 2010, 5:15 p.m.

that was my first thought:lol:

Studio B Fine Art and Photographic Prints

Jan. 3, 2010, 5:48 p.m.

that's what she said.

True story.

Kn.

Jan. 3, 2010, 7:53 p.m.

Hey Mr.Fungle!

Whats new?

What't that? I can't hear you! :rocker:

Got everything hooked up, two zones and 5.1. Still tweaking the details but it sounds great! Cheers again and bon voyage!

Jan. 3, 2010, 9:52 p.m.

What't that? I can't hear you! :rocker:

Got everything hooked up, two zones and 5.1. Still tweaking the details but it sounds great! Cheers again and bon voyage!

Awesome and thank you!

What speakers are you running? Have you tried the direct for strait 2 channel music? I never did have the second zone set up. How far does the second zone remote work from?

Rock on :)