harper to take control of the CBC!?!?

May 3, 2013, 10:58 p.m.

its the same with all indoctrination….from whatever group. Challenge a belief leads to anger and fear….denial.

TRUTH

fookin sad state of all mankind, cause we are all indoctrinated in some form or another.

I disagree. We're all capable of rational thought and the ability to have an open mind. Whether we choose to use these abilities is up to us. When someone points out that Harper stifles this and muzzles his followers (with facts) - that he is an autocrat, there is nothing wrong with dissent among the people of the country.

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 4, 2013, 4:57 a.m.

You're right switch. But it my perception is that it wouldn't matter what he did, the masses here would still pile on Harper.

And the other side of the coin is the exact same way with Obama down here. Maybe we all need to give our heads a shake and try to understand the others point of view a little better.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

May 4, 2013, 5:49 a.m.

The same bunch of left wing haters heaping scorn on all that have a variance of opinion,because you know anyone with a right wing bent is a evil planet killing prick

This place used to be fun, it is now just withering and dieing

How proud the leading bully must be

Toodles

There are plenty of right wing politicians that I admire, Harper is not one and I truly believe that he is destroying a large portion of the fabric of our society.

Under Harper we have:

• Lost the ability to find attendance records of MPs
  • Gained a hall of pictures of our dear leader, funded by taxpayers, in our Government's top building.
  • Seen the loss of backbencher power to a greater degree then ever before
  • Lost protections over a large portion of navigable waterways
  • Lost independent media statements regarding local matters from Harper's MPs. All messages must be directed through the PMO media relations team.
  • Seen two unplanned prorogations of parliament to avoid confidence votes.
  • Witnessed a government get held in contempt, then get a majority in an election that the head of Elections Canada recently described as corrupt.
  • ETC

This isn't my country, and I won't have it. Not only will I be voting Trudeau, I'll also be door knocking and campaigning for him. I won't see my country flushed down the shitter on the power trip of a terrible leader - I want the transparency that the Liberal's gave us again. Did they cover up the ad scam - yup. Has Harper done worse? Yup.

May 4, 2013, 6:57 a.m.

Still haven't heard anything good come from harper

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 4, 2013, 8:09 a.m.

There are plenty of right wing politicians that I admire, Harper is not one and I truly believe that he is destroying a large portion of the fabric of our society.

Under Harper we have:

• Lost the ability to find attendance records of MPs
  • Gained a hall of pictures of our dear leader, funded by taxpayers, in our Government's top building.
  • Seen the loss of backbencher power to a greater degree then ever before
  • Lost protections over a large portion of navigable waterways
  • Lost independent media statements regarding local matters from Harper's MPs. All messages must be directed through the PMO media relations team.
  • Seen two unplanned prorogations of parliament to avoid confidence votes.
  • Witnessed a government get held in contempt, then get a majority in an election that the head of Elections Canada recently described as corrupt.
  • ETC

This isn't my country, and I won't have it. Not only will I be voting Trudeau, I'll also be door knocking and campaigning for him. I won't see my country flushed down the shitter on the power trip of a terrible leader - I want the transparency that the Liberal's gave us again. Did they cover up the ad scam - yup. Has Harper done worse? Yup.

in addition to the secrecy, not giving up information to elected members of parliament, invoking closure on debate, multiple omnibus bills and failure to debate them adequately, moving committees incamera repeatedly, etc…..It's pretty despicable what a farce parliament has become under Harper. Not to mention, the cons actually aren't very good conservatives, and the liberals are actually more progressive conservative these days than the cons.

May 4, 2013, 12:36 p.m.

in addition to the secrecy, not giving up information to elected members of parliament, invoking closure on debate, multiple omnibus bills and failure to debate them adequately, moving committees incamera repeatedly, etc…..It's pretty despicable what a farce parliament has become under Harper. Not to mention, the cons actually aren't very good conservatives, and the liberals are actually more progressive conservative these days than the cons.

I wish I could get this through the heads of every butthurt redneck with a hard on for Trudeau out here in the wild wild retarded west.

May 4, 2013, 12:58 p.m.

I wish I could get this through the heads of every butthurt redneck with a hard on for Trudeau out here in the wild wild retarded west.

exactly.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 4, 2013, 1:53 p.m.

I am actualy kind of suprised at Go-T's stance on Harper cuz it is my perception that what Harper is doing is good for bidness in Alberta(aka mordor) or does he see a flaw ?

I am hoping enough Canadians will see sooner than later that Harper is eroding the country just because they gave him a clear mandate to do so

May 4, 2013, 5:39 p.m.

Political Extremism Is Supported by an Illusion of Understanding

May 4, 2013, 8:56 p.m.

fookin sad state of all mankind, cause we are all indoctrinated in some form or another.

No way, man! I'm outside, looking in. :|

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 4, 2013, 9 p.m.

And the suppression of science. Don't forget the muzzling of scientists.

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 5, 2013, 12:48 a.m.

I am actualy kind of suprised at Go-T's stance on Harper cuz it is my perception that what Harper is doing is good for bidness in Alberta(aka mordor) or does he see a flaw ?

I am hoping enough Canadians will see sooner than later that Harper is eroding the country just because they gave him a clear mandate to do so

No, it's not. Heads of every major oil company have made statements that a carbon tax is needed to make our oil marketable, the government of Alberta agrees, and the HarperCons refuse to believe EVERY EXPERT in marketing oil to the rest of the world.

Further pointless environmental cuts just damage our reputation more, thus making the oil less salable. Even worse, there are no incentives to learn to reuse water here either through direct cost or tax relief - driving the frac methods in use into more dangerous and untested areas (GasFrac using liquified propane as a propellent on Husky's wells [fyi - matter of public record that I'm entirely too lazy to find in their shareholders reports], for instance).

Besides, at least with transparent governments the heads of all business (small included) have the opportunity to forecast and predict legislation so that they can respond accordingly. Omnibus budget implementation bills have removed a large portion of that ability.

May 5, 2013, 3:28 p.m.

OK Folks, AVAAZ has a petition up that they want to present to the finance committee with over 100 000 signatures. Do some possible good here: http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_cbc_2013_b/?fwZcEeb[HTML_REMOVED]pv=12 and follow it up with a strongly worded letter to your MP, to Flarhety, to the PMO, and if you're comfortable to your local paper.

May 6, 2013, 9:23 p.m.

http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_cbc_2013_b/?bPYPIab[HTML_REMOVED]v=24788

sign it. Half way there over night. Do it. Armchair warrior FTW!

Beow Beow….. be be boew boew. boh boh. beow beow…… repeat:rave:

May 6, 2013, 10:02 p.m.

See also….

http://www.friends.ca/