harper to take control of the CBC!?!?

May 2, 2013, 9:02 p.m.

Besides, we need the CBC to report that our oh-so-fiscal-conservative gubmint is paying $288 million for a design-only contract for new patrol ships. Of the same style that the Norwegians designed AND built for under $100 million each. And they bought the full set of plans from Norway for $5 million. And Ireland has designed and is building TWO similar ships for $125 million.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/05/02/pol-milewski-shipbuilding-design-mystery.html

But we can't afford to keep the ELA alive for $2 million … that's a waste!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.

May 2, 2013, 9:33 p.m.

The common sense changes to environmental regs, …, and Jim Flaherty as finance minister are just a few of the things that outweigh those in my opinion.

Are you fucking kidding me????? Those are two of the worst things he has done for Canada. Maybe Jimmy will do something good and redeem himself and hold up your comment, but the environmental reg. changes were ANYTHING BUT common sense.

May 2, 2013, 9:37 p.m.

Besides, we need the CBC to report that our oh-so-fiscal-conservative gubmint is paying $288 million for a design-only contract for new patrol ships. Of the same style that the Norwegians designed AND built for under $100 million each. And they bought the full set of plans from Norway for $5 million. And Ireland has designed and is building TWO similar ships for $125 million.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/05/02/pol-milewski-shipbuilding-design-mystery.html

But we can't afford to keep the ELA alive for $2 million … that's a waste!

Kn.

edit…..or fascist thieves, which could very well be the case.

May 2, 2013, 9:56 p.m.

Are you fucking kidding me????? Those are two of the worst things he has done for Canada. Maybe Jimmy will do something good and redeem himself and hold up your comment, but the environmental reg. changes were ANYTHING BUT common sense.

Shows how much you know about the issue.

Companies are leaving the US because there are no set deadlines on permitting. Canada has these now.

You no longer have to go through the permitting process twice for each permit. (Once for the province, once for the feds)

Rivers, lakes, oceans, streams, etc are protected better now, despite what the greenies would have you believe. Rather than a list of every puddle and trickle of water in Canada, there are a set of standards which define what a protected waterway is. While that definition is still being hammered out more clearly, it is a better way of doing thing.

That's the problem with cities, they're refuges for the weak, the fish that didn't evolve.

I don't want to google this - sounds like a thing that NSMB will be better at.

May 2, 2013, 10:01 p.m.

Shows how much you know about the issue.

Actually I know a lot, but really don't want to take the time to type it out for a pointless e-argument.

Rivers, lakes, oceans, streams, etc are protected better now,

100% not true. Source: people who work in related industries, including my g/f.

maybe tomorrow I'll come in with facts, but right now I have actual work to get done…

May 2, 2013, 10:10 p.m.

Chretien must be gnashing his teeth. After all, all he could do was attempt to bleed it dry………:evil:

Freedom of contract. We sell them guns that kill them; they sell us drugs that kill us.

May 2, 2013, 10:17 p.m.

Rivers, lakes, oceans, streams, etc are protected better now, despite what the greenies would have you believe. Rather than a list of every puddle and trickle of water in Canada, there are a set of standards which define what a protected waterway is. While that definition is still being hammered out more clearly, it is a better way of doing thing.

you're also dumb…most of those 'protected waterways' are rich peoples playgrounds in Muskoka. Protected better, wow.

May 2, 2013, 11:48 p.m.

I believe you already have a thread for this.

Let me tell this as clear as I can. Regardless of whether I like Harper or not. All you guy's keep posting is negative crap endlessly. At a certain point which I am past I no longer give a shit. You are a bunch of Chicken Little's running around crying that no one listens anymore because it is never ending.

So if we were bitching about blacks or gangs in Ontario, yet another thread would be OK?

It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities.
- Josiah Stamp

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells

May 2, 2013, 11:54 p.m.

rob ford for PM bitches!

May 3, 2013, 1:49 a.m.

Kn.

I saw this on the news tonight. Jesus that blows my mind!

May 3, 2013, 5:18 a.m.

CBC News also asked MacKay to explain why Canada would pay Irving 10 times as much for the design as other shipyards say it should cost.

MacKay replied "other shipyards are wrong," and left it at that

Unfuckingbelieveable..

But hey,look…the CBC just made Mackay look like a tool, prolly wont see much of that in the future!

Pastor of Muppets

May 3, 2013, 5:23 a.m.

AKA im stuffing my pocket.

Ha Ha! Made you look.

May 3, 2013, 7:05 a.m.

Yes, Flaherty is a complete tool, isn't he.

May 3, 2013, 7:13 a.m.

why should Canada be any different than countries like China, Iran…ww2 Germany.

May 3, 2013, 7:44 a.m.

I know, eh? I mean, we have a real opportunity to model the whole country around a frontier, gold-rush style of mentality! I say go for it!

Drill, baby drill!

Kn.

When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.